We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Question regarding die cutters
They have the SIZZIX personal die-cutter machine in Michaels 50% off. Is this a good machine? Any of you has one? I have no clue. I don't have any of these machines, my LO's are soooooo simple. I will post one as soon as I learn how to.
ImageDani

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Question regarding die cutters
 They also have the Cuttlebug on sale. Don't have a clue what this does. :?
ImageDani

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

tinkerbelldani wrote: They also have the Cuttlebug on sale. Don't have a clue what this does. :?

I don't know about the Sizzix, but the Cuttlebug will use dies from any of the other cutting systems, plus their own and the embossing folders are really nice. :)
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

hlg1rose

Cherry Berry

I am npt sure what the Sizzix Personal Cutter is, but do know I sold my original sizzic and bought the cuddlebug!  very handy and easy to use.  But, of course, if you can, the cricut is the best!
[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... picker.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

heleneNY http://emptynestscraproom.blogspot.com/[/url:dgoiopbi]

"The skin I'm in is alright with me, it's not old, just older" ` JBJ

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/211014-490.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

I don't have either one of these, but I have seen the embossing that people have done with the Cuttlebug and it is amazing. The cuttlebug will also cut lightweight chipboard for you...I've heard other die cutters can't stand up to it!

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

I have the SIZZIX and Quikcut... but are gathering dust somewhere in my scrapping room.  They DID get used initially though!
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

elbagirl

Cherry Tart

I have the cuttle bug and really like it.  When you open it to use it, it suctions to your work surface and stays stable for you. Embosses and cuts!
Nancy

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

I have the Sizzix Big shot.  I think it is a better choice than the Cuttlebug (even thought it is also a great machine) because you can't cut the larger red Sizzix dies in the Cuttlebug.  You can cut all of the Cuttlebug dies and also Quikutz and Ellison dies in the Sizzix.  My big shot was $100 and came with the cutting "platform" which is basically the adaptor to make all of the Cuttlebug and Quickutz dies work with it.  I would look online at the available dies by Sizzix and see if you desire to (in the future) buy any of the larger red dies.  If you do, I would definitely purchase the Sizzix Big Shot.  It was worth the money I paid for mine.
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Beth-W wrote: I have the Sizzix Big shot.  I think it is a better choice than the Cuttlebug (even thought it is also a great machine) because you can't cut the larger red Sizzix dies in the Cuttlebug.  You can cut all of the Cuttlebug dies and also Quikutz and Ellison dies in the Sizzix.  My big shot was $100 and came with the cutting "platform" which is basically the adaptor to make all of the Cuttlebug and Quickutz dies work with it.  I would look online at the available dies by Sizzix and see if you desire to (in the future) buy any of the larger red dies.  If you do, I would definitely purchase the Sizzix Big Shot.  It was worth the money I paid for mine.

I would also recommend the Sizzix Big Shot.  We demo a lot with it at my LSS and I love it!  It fits any dies, is super easy to use, and will cut thin chipboard.
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

scraptag

Cherry Cola

To me, it's a bit of a logical process...
1)  Do you currently die cut fonts and/or shapes for your scrapbooking.  If yes, then you need to determine if you do mostly fonts, or shapes or both. 
          If no, then you might want to try doing some at your lss before purchasing any of the great die cutting machines out there.
2)  Once you have determined which type of die cutting you do most of (fonts, shapes or both) then you should look at the styles that each system has.

3)  Once you determine What Company's style you like the best, then you can check up on their systems and see if they interchange with other systems that have die cuts you like. 

Personally, I am a font girl.  I have a Cuttlebug that was given to me, but I dont use it much, because I dont buy the fonts.  When I do use it, it is to cut out the Quickutz that I have.  And I'm lost on making the embossing look good, so I dont really use that function.  I have a Cricut, and I love it!  I just cut out 20 tags in a minute for our Cubscout Popcorn sales.  It took me 15 min's to cut out that many with the Sizzix Big kick, cause I can only do one a time on that machine.  But the Sizzix has some great dies, soooooo I have a couple of them too. 

And FYI, the CRICUT EXPRESSIONS MACHINE WILL BE $199 AT WALMART ON BLACK FRIDAY (this Friday).  Not sure if it is all day, or just a Door Buster. 

Hope that helps.

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

Beth-W wrote: I have the Sizzix Big shot.  I think it is a better choice than the Cuttlebug (even thought it is also a great machine) because you can't cut the larger red Sizzix dies in the Cuttlebug.  You can cut all of the Cuttlebug dies and also Quikutz and Ellison dies in the Sizzix.  My big shot was $100 and came with the cutting "platform" which is basically the adaptor to make all of the Cuttlebug and Quickutz dies work with it.  I would look online at the available dies by Sizzix and see if you desire to (in the future) buy any of the larger red dies.  If you do, I would definitely purchase the Sizzix Big Shot.  It was worth the money I paid for mine.
What dies are those? I have a Sizzix Circle#2 that I use in my Cuttlebug. It's big and red.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

scraptag

Cherry Cola

http://www.indigojay.com/crafting/diecu ... ychart.pdf.

Here is a link to a compatibility chart.  Hope it works.[img]file:///Users/tagurit913/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img][img]file:///Users/tagurit913/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/img][img]file:///Users/tagurit913/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/img][img]file:///Users/tagurit913/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/img][img]file:///Users/tagurit913/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-6.jpg[/img][img]file:///Users/tagurit913/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-7.jpg[/img][img]file:///Users/tagurit913/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-8.jpg[/img]

Shanscraps

Cherry Bing

I have the sizzix and the cricut... I use my sizzix a lot more, but only because it's just easier to get to and use....
ShanShan

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Cool, thank you. I will check them out and then maybe show it to DH and give him a hint, hint. ;)
ImageDani

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I am no help with this question. I keep going back and forth on which one I should buy. So I am not buying any.
Sad I know.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee