Foam Stamps

Moderator: ACOT Employee

allysonc
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 150

Foam Stamps

Post by allysonc »

Any use foam stamps and use making memories paint/etc?  If so do you like to use it? I keep seeing those pebble foam stamps at a great price and would love to do that/with paint and make my own background paper/etc.
Ally
nicoleoh
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 11

Re: Foam Stamps

Post by nicoleoh »

I have a huge stash of foam stamps and acrylic paints but I haven't used my stamps in a loooooong time! :?
evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 555

Post by evilqueen »

I made a background paper for my Seaworld trip.  Michaels has the foam stamps really cheap and I had bought sea life stamps.  I stamped each fish with a different color ink and I think the page looked really cool. 
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

luboost
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 33

Post by luboost »

I use the mm paints to cover the ends of my mini books, etc.  And I too have seen those pebble stamps...great prices!  I say it's worth a try!

erica :)
maryscraps
Cherry Tart

Post by maryscraps »

I have some foam stamps that came in with those kits from MM that have the paints.
I haven't used them yet. I have tried stamping w/foam stampsa and they slide and make a mess.
Any tricks??
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2389

Post by Art_Teacher »

I really like the way they look with paint.  Here are a couple hints...

Don't waste your money on MM acrylic paints.  You can just buy the cheap acrylics from Wal-mart or the craft store (run around .99 for a 2 oz. bottle) and they work the same!  They just don't have the pretty packaging.  All acrylics are pretty much acid-free and archival. 

Second, you need to use a foam brush to "paint" a thin layer on the stamp.  This will prevent the sliding, as well as globbing that happens if you try to stamp in the paint. 

Third, give them a day to dry...they might feel dry to the touch, yet if you stick them in the album, they could get stuck to the page protector.
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I was just thinking about this!  Ran across an old layout where I used them for a title, & really love how it looks, but have only done it once since then.  Need to remember to use them more!
Image Image
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Post by MLee »

I used to use them all of the time. I have a million of them: shapes, alphas in all sizes and fonts, flowers and more.

I love the MM paints and the new ones that Ranger has come out with by Claudia Helmuth (sp?) because they dry quickly. All acylics are acid free but like the pigmenting and quick dry of these two.

Now I'm off to drag out my foam stamps to remind myself to use them again! I really do like those fonts! ;)

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

I've got a few sets, like the look of them, but for some reason (like my other stamps) I never use them. Maybe I'll put them to use this month...
-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

Foam stamps and acrylic paints are one of the reasons I may never give up traditional scrapping...or at least card making. I love using them. And I agree, use the foam brush to put the paint on the stamp and be sure to let the layout sit and dry for at least a day before putting it in an album.

Have fun!
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

Although I don't seem to use my foam stamps/acrylic paint very often, I really enjoy playing with them & love the end results whenever I do use them. The key is to use very little paint with a foam bursh to get a  crisp image & more paint for a poofy image.
ImageImage
Mom2Bri
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 248

Post by Mom2Bri »

Can you use inks with foam stamps? How do you clean them off if you do?
I made one awhile back with acrylic paints from Walmart.

Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif
jaziscrapper
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 152

Post by jaziscrapper »

I used them a lot when they were first released. I like them, font, size, etc. , however they are difficult to place in a row. So if you're not OCD about that, you'll love them.
RaeMaeLou
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 26

Post by RaeMaeLou »

I did 'belly' with the Pebbles foam stamps and MM paints.  Make sure you rinse the stamps off right away though or it might not come off!  (Anyone know any tricks to getting it off once dried???)

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery_vie ... ,,3,,88616
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2389

Post by Art_Teacher »

Acrylic paint dries permanently and once it does, there is no getting it off!  Anything that would dissolve it would also dissolve your foam stamp.
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

Baby wipes are good to clean them with if you get them while the paint isn't cured!

I used this thread idea for the Amp it Up Challenge this week, if anyone needs any extra incentive to pull out those stamps! Here's the forum thread for the challenge.
averys_mom
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 293

Post by averys_mom »

That is great to know about all acrylics being acid-free.  I have lots of craft paints and now I know I can use those for scrapping, too!  Thanks!

Return to “General Talk”