Moderator: ACOT Employee

Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

HOLY STOCK MARKET, Batman!

Post by Queen Mum »

The Dow plunged below 10,000!!!!

Really scarey!
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
scrapaholic
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 5

Re: HOLY STOCK MARKET, Batman!

Post by scrapaholic »

The financial world is going to  _ _ _ _ in a handbag I tell you.
Have a coke and a smile!Image
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

I'm ready to repeal the Bailout Act!!!  :x   If the market is going to crash anyway.......
hellmgle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 178

Post by hellmgle »

What is it going to take to turn this whole thing around?????
JeanellePaige
Digital Designers
Gallery: 154

Post by JeanellePaige »

Ok, so what does this mean for us people that live paycheck to paycheck? :?
Jeanelle Paige
My Blog ~ Lots of cool stuff there!!
My Shoppe ~ Always Sales!

Queen Mum
Cherry Addict

Post by Queen Mum »

AnnOminous wrote: I'm ready to repeal the Bailout Act!!!  :x   If the market is going to crash anyway.......

Exactly!

I thought that whole bailout was to keep this from happening.

I'm terrified.

We thought we were sitting pretty - going to pay cash for hte new house and reinvest the money we got for our house here when it sold - but now I don't know.
RaeMaeLou
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 26

Post by RaeMaeLou »

JeanellePaige wrote: Ok, so what does this mean for us people that live paycheck to paycheck? :?
I'd say it probably means you should start trying to save some money in a box under your bed and try stocking up on some staple foods! 

This is all really scary, but honestly, I think it's probably just as bad a situation whether the bail out had passed or not. 
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

:( now's the time to buy though, if you have any money that is.....  :( 
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
bumblebby
Cherry Garcia

Post by bumblebby »

JeanellePaige wrote: Ok, so what does this mean for us people that live paycheck to paycheck? Image
I'd say it probably means you should start trying to save some money in a box under your bed and try stocking up on some staple foods! 

This is all really scary, but honestly, I think it's probably just as bad a situation whether the bail out had passed or not. 
I agree RaeMaeLou.
JeanellePaige
Digital Designers
Gallery: 154

Post by JeanellePaige »

RaeMaeLou wrote:
JeanellePaige wrote: Ok, so what does this mean for us people that live paycheck to paycheck? :?

So much for buying anything in my wishlist! :? Gonna have to be creative when it comes to xxmas gifts! Ugh, and we have 6 kids to buy for who don't understand that "Santa" can't afford a lot this year. Man. I'm depressed now. Even my morning coffee can't cheer me up!  :(
Jeanelle Paige
My Blog ~ Lots of cool stuff there!!
My Shoppe ~ Always Sales!

Kara
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 69

Post by Kara »

The European markets crashed overnight, they are going through the whole bank.real estate thing too....just wait the Asian market is next..... bailout or not, this was going to happen  :greensad:
Image \ ImageImage
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Post by MLee »

... I guess this isn't the point where you want me to say I told you so, right?

But, hey, remember... we have Rum and the Boy Scouts have arrows. ;)

JeanG
Cherry Cola

Post by JeanG »

M'Lee - can I join you in saying "I told you so"??  We live at the edge of a lake and have woods all around, so we can have venison and partridge and fish - if I could get them down without vomiting! :?
allysonc
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 150

Post by allysonc »

Ugh this is just awful.. My parents have lost over half of there retirement.. they are in there 60's.. my mom hasn't worked in years and is probably going to have get a part time job.. got to get my school figured out.. may have to quit voice lessons and alot of other stuff.. I mean compared to alot of people we still have it lucky..but ya know.. till it happens to you.. it's hard to believe that anything is really wrong.. sad but true.. Just feel so bad for everyone in us right now.. think we're in another depression for sure.
Ally
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

Kara wrote: The European markets crashed overnight, they are going through the whole bank.real estate thing too....just wait the Asian market is next..... bailout or not, this was going to happen  :greensad:
The Asian market is already there too........it doesn't take long for the effects to be felt. :graysad:
http://finance.comcast.net/www/news.htm ... 079314.xml
ImageImage
NJTheresa
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 45

Post by NJTheresa »

scarey, but it was bound to happen. Hopefully things will get better before they get worst
ImageImageImageImage
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

Color me not-surprised.  :bluesad:
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict

Post by Queen Mum »

We're seeing more people return to school.   They can't get jobs so they are going back to school.     OUr office has processed more school deferments than usual.

I process economic hardship deferments and forbearances and those figures are up.

I know I'm cutting back on lots of things, like massages.   Yeah, I like them - but I can get a mini massage and a back adjustment at teh chiropractor's by paying my $10 copay rahter than $60 for a massage.

Others are cutting back on massages and extras like that so people like my massage therapist are going to e hurting.  I feel sorry for her because she booked a trip to Fiji last spring, figuring she'd figure out how to pay for it later - and things are worse.

For those living paycheck to paycheck, well, there are going to be more of us hitting the sales and watching every penny we spend.

Sales are good if you can afford them.   I've always been a careful shopper and those skills will be coming in handy.

Christmas gifts?   Well, there are going to be fewer for everyone and they will be less expensive. 

I won't be able to give as much to the local charities as I have in the past - I can't.  Neither will others be able to be generous.    So those kids will be getting less.
unkit
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 15

Post by unkit »

I don't totally buy into the end-of-times theory of our financial state.  but it is not good  for sure.

The best advice I have heard recently is to work at reducing your debt.   Credit card debt especially.   I think that is a good strategy for this economy.
Sudie

My blog and kit club www.UnKit.wordpress.com (affiliate with ACOT)
Mom2Bri
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 248

Post by Mom2Bri »

I got worried when I heard about Merrill Lynch as I have some of my 401k invested in some ML funds.  I called today and I have lost $2000 since last week.  
Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif

Return to “General Talk”