Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

Dh and I are on opposite ends of the political spectrum
 We actually have some civil interesting conversations but we do not agree on many issues.

I am pro-choice, he is not. I wish we had the death penalty here, he does not.

I like the current conserative prime minister, he does not. Besides the fact that the prime minister is a cyborg, I think he is doing a good job. We are probably having an election in November and I might vote conservative for the first time in my life.

Do you and your dh agree on politics?

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Re: Dh and I are on opposite ends of the political spectrum
 I don't have a DS.. or an SO but truly, I enjoy when my political beliefs differ from others.  Makes for interesting conversations!

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

Makes for interesting conversations! 
This is true. Might even learn a thing or two if you are willing to listen! My dh does make some interesting points.

OrianaVianey

Cherry Blossom

Oh we have a good agreement... I can't care less about politics and he keeps me informed of what's going on in the world... hehehe

MLee

Cherry Cola

My dh and I were on opposite ends of the spectrum when we first married - I was ultra-conservative and he was liberal. Now we've both mellowed toward the liberal side of middle.

My parents, however, are still hard core conservatives. It makes for interesting visits. This election in the US has every one in our family up in the air. No one is voting as they have in the past so who knows.

Jeanne Marie's Scraps

Digital Designers

This is so a topic that dh and i do nt discuss because we have learned to dis agree.

Janell

Cherry Cola

Dh and I have similar views, I think I am slightly more liberal than he is, but we haven't ever had a heated debate or anything. 
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

it is probably the only thing we see eye to eye on :winkb:
~pam~

koala1966

Cherry Delight

DH and I are pretty close on our views.  He's a bit more disenfranchised with the whole system than I am (I like to be a little more optimistic that people can still make changes), but considering how liberal his family is, he's much more conservative than you'd expect. 

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

I used to be all fired up and liberal about politics...had an awesome PoliSci teacher in college so he did that for me. But when I got married, dh was pretty casual about politics and really never shared his conservative views. Over time, and life, I' ve become a little more conservative, and he's stayed about the same!

This is actually the first election that he has become outspoken about...he's either getting old and has the attitude that if you don't agree with him, you're stupid, or thinks sharing will help the kids understand the decision making process more.  I kinda wish he'd go back to not taking about politics...it's going to be a long two months!

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

I'm glad that dh & I agree on political issues.
ImageImage

immom2anc

Sweet Cherry Pie

OrianaVianey wrote: Oh we have a good agreement... I can't care less about politics and he keeps me informed of what's going on in the world... hehehe
I understand what you mean! I do follow politics, but not nearly as much as my husband. He checks CNN.com frequently throughout the day. And for the most part fills me in when I miss something, but we don't have dissimilar views that we can debate or discuss. We're pretty much in agreement on most things-- political at least.
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image

Leeanna

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Luckily politics are very much a non-issue for us, neither of us really keeps up with anything (bad, I know). Dh is especially out of the loop, he does not even know which candidate is Rep or Dem.
Image Image

JulieM

Digital Designers

Just about everyone in my family (including in-laws, siblings, and kids) has the same political views with the exception of one out-spoken person (not my hubby though, we have almost identical feelings about politics).  This person likes to get confrontational.  I stay calm and try to point out some facts.  I kept telling him to bring me some facts about his choice and I would listen but he never could.  Then when he saw Rick Warren interview both politicians his views changed dramatically.  I am glad he took the time to see the interview and keep an open mind.  I won't tell you which way but if you saw it I bet you could guess!!!  I spend a lot of time reading and looking for facts about the politicians.  Making an educated vote is important to me and my family.  I am amazed at how many people don't care and don't vote.  This election more than ever requires everyone to have an open mind and weeding out the facts is a must. 
As a side note, we all need to keep in mind that our elected congress and senate have a huge amount of power too.  Who we choose there also has an impact on how this country is run.  Their decisions affect us dramatically.
Julie Mead designer at ACOT
owner of E-scape and Scrap

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

My dh and I are on completely different sides and always have been. We have kinda decide not to discuss it- and agreed that we will never see eye to eye. It is really hard because my oldest asks lots of questions and has her own views-- somewhere in the middle of both us. I try to let her form her own opinions but dh is very pushy-- and it frequently turns into an arguement. 

asset

Wild Cherry

One year before an election my dh said to me "We need to talk about how we are going to vote." So he talked, & then I voted how I wanted.... I think growing up that is how his parents did things; dad decided & mom voted accordingly (or so they assume, LOL). I do value his opinion, but it is not always the same as mine.
~Tessa

I'm not saying forget what you lost
I suppose there's a purpose in pain
What we make of ourselves has a cost
And it's paid every time we take hold of the reins

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

My DH is a self-proclaimed Libertarian.  I am registered Republican but only because we live in a VERY red state and I like to vote in the primaries for the more middle of the road republican.  I consider myself very independent but lean toward the liberal side most of the time.  We don't agree on alot of things but neither one of us makes a huge issue out of it.
Becky

Image Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee