We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

Florida ladies...
 I can't find the other thread, so I'm starting a new one.

How are all of you doing???  A friend in Jax just let me know that she was out of power for 2 hours but it's back on.  A bridge is closed so her DH can't get home from work but mostly it's just a lot of show (wind/rain).

I hope you are all doing ok and SAFE!! Image

Henu_Nea

Cherry Cola

Re: Florida ladies...
 I 2nd that! Saw a lot of flooding on the news. Hope you're all doing well!
ImageImage
Image Image

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

I'm fine waaaaay down here in S Florida! Got some rain, some wind, and there were a few tornadoes (but not in my neighborhood).
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

ajsmom

Sweet Cherry Pie

Anybody near the Melbourn area?  My Aunt's condo is there...how's that area?

Hope everyone is safe!

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

Sue...the Melbourne area is pretty flooded according to this report:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/08/2 ... topstories

And this is from my friend in Jacksonville:

http://www.news4jax.com/weather/17194280/detail.html

CamsMomma

Sweet Cherry Pie

i live in palm bay/melbourne area.  there was alot of flooded areas yesterday.  i myself had water half way up my yard and driveway, and im on a pretty steep hill.  i have a few friends who had water come in their houses, and a few who are still stuck in their homes cause their water hasnt receeded and they cant get out with out messing up their cars.

yesterday was really really bad in alot of areas, but i think in most areas the water has gone down to an acceptable level today.  the canal by my house is still right at the brim, but at least my street isnt under 3 ft of water any more.

hope everyone else is ok too
Image Image

mommy2bean

Cherry Garcia

I live in Melbourne..it has been long few days...Fay decided to stall so we ended up with over 20 inches of rain here. Thankfully the water only got as close as our patio door, but not in the house. We have other friends that were not as lucky. I left a friends house today and they are still pumping water out of that neighborhood.  School has been canceled tomorrow again. So Elizabeth's first day of Kindergarten will be Monday. I will take a fast moving hurricaine anyday over this. I have some pics...
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?a ... =549894369

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

Awww sorry gals!! Reminds me of Irene. She was a super soaker too.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

scrappinchic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I live East of Jacksonville.  So far so good.  We've had rain off and on mostly on for 2 days and lots of wind right now.  We're off school through Friday and just can't wait for this thing to turn and move on out of here.  Luckily, I have power now but it did go off earlier today.

Hope the Melbourne are dries out soon!  Stay safe everyone!

Laura
I'm not late
Everyone else is way too on time.
0/3 for February

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

I'm in Central Florida and today we are getting hit with higher winds and just rain all day.. tomorrow looks even worse.. but hoping its not!
~ Carissa ~

bellaconsmom

Cherry Jubilee

We're ok.  My kids are in school, and it's been an overcast the past 2 days with scattered showers.  My sis lives a couple of hours north of me, and her dd hasn't been in school since Tuesday.  No school tomorrow for her either.

Hope all you east coast gals are doing ok.  Stay safe!

scrapbelle

Cherry Bing

I was thinking about all of you today at work....hope everyone stays dry! 
Image Image

koala1966

Cherry Delight

This is just another example of how crazy these storms are.  This was supposed to be a west coast event and instead the east coast has been slammed.  And a painfully slow storm, for goodness sakes. 

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

Glad to hear you gals are doing ok.  I've seen some pics and it looks SO scary.

We are having "sympathy weather" for you in MT.  LOL.  It's been overcast and rainy for 2 days now.  NOT even close to the same...but we don't get a lot of rain and I just thought it was funny that we get it now. 

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee