We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

wine label removal?
 Do any of you other lushes have a easy way to remove a label from a wine bottle?

I have one that I would like to use as an inspiration for a challenge, and I also have one with sentimental value that I would actually like to frame for my scrap room.  (It was given to me on my birthday...says bennett family.  So cool!)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Jess?  Flap?  Leeanna?  :winkb:

~pam~

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: wine label removal?
 You calling out all the "alco's"???? :-D
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

What about undu?  or something like that???
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

Oh oh!  Martha had a segment on this once.  I will see what I can find.  I bet Undo COULD work though... you should try that. 

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

You cuold try steaming it off, too, the way you do a postage stamp.
Laura
 Image    Image         

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

ARGH board ate my long post!!

It seems there are no foolproof tried and true methods that work every time but some commonly used ones:

- Soak the bottle in very hot water and a few drops of ivory soap for about 30 minutes.  It may come off easily then or you may need to soak longer/ gently scrap with a razor blade.

- If it is a newer, non-European bottle you can try baking it in the over at 100-150 degrees for 10-15 minutes and the label may peel off.

- If it is an old world, European type bottle you can try steaming it on the stove for 10-15 minutes.

It looks like most people doing this just go trial and error.... good luck!!

-Shannon-

Chocolate Covered Cherry

What'sa matta wit you?! I'm the resident wine lush...that's Cherry Lush to you! :winkb:

I've removed plenty of wine labels. Try this method(worked for me so far). Be sure to do it slowly as not to rip the label.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

Spray goo gone on it and let it sit for a while... should take it right off. I have also soaked them in hot water w/dishsoap and that has worked too!
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

After soaking it with undo or scrap goo.... slide a piece of floss gently behind the label to remove it.
ImageImage

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

Wow so many methods!  I'm glad you asked this question.  I'm a wine lover too and have sadly just thrown away many a pretty label.  Now I don't have to!!!  :-D

bluejeans7

Bowl Full of Cherries

I have no clue but I hope you can get the label off.

mommy2kag

Chocolate Covered Cherry

hot water and vinegar in a spray bottle?
Lynette
live well, laugh often, love much

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

Shannon...soooo sorry.  I thought you were off working one of those 800 bazillion jobs you have.  :winkb:

Juat got back home....I am off to try!
~pam~

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

-Shannon- wrote: What'sa matta wit you?! I'm the resident wine lush...that's Cherry Lush to you! :winkb:

I've removed plenty of wine labels. Try this method(worked for me so far). Be sure to do it slowly as not to rip the label.

bet youz gots LOTS of labels, eh? ;P

Leeanna

Chocolate Covered Cherry

LOL, thanks for the call out there. I would also go with Goo Gone, that stuff will do anything. Let us know what happens!
Image Image

Gypsymonkey

Bowl Full of Cherries

"What'sa matta wit you?! I'm the resident wine lush...that's Cherry Lush to you!"

Cherry Lush could be one of the postings levels.  ;)
"May you always have memories to scrap!" ~ Diana

mommy2bean

Cherry Garcia

undo?

SusieKing

Sweet Cherry Pie

i am lovin' this thread.  we are wine "collectors" (or winos!?!).  this past weekend we went on a wine tasting trip and i got my hands on a collectors bottle of Bon Jovi's Lost Highway Cab Sav.  woohoo!  i should have bought 2.  one to keep.  one to remove the label from for a layout.  just gives me another reason to go "tasting" again.  :)
Susie King

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I wouldn't use Goo Gone. I'm thinking it would leave it slimy?  Isn't it that orange oil stuff?

I've always soaked mine in dish water, like it says.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I used goo gone on labels before.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee