We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Is it just me...
 or is this a bit crazy?
In this months CK, there is an article about scrapping while on the road with your kids. So I'm reading & one of the author's tips is to coordinate your clothing so your clothes don't clash with the pages you'll do. She packed "dark browns, deep reds, olive greens, burnt oranges and sandy tans" so that their clothes all coordinated with their surroundings (going to national parks).
Now, I will admit I'm a total scrapping addict, but if I ever go this far, please smack some sense into me!

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

Re: Is it just me...
 Ok yes thats a bit nuts.  Now if you are taking pics for the christmas card or for a family portrait ok but not just for the pages lol.  Of course I'm not obsessive complusive so lol

Janell

Cherry Cola

Whoah, that is some extreme scrapping, not to mention organization. I am just thankful to get everybody packed when we go on vacation, let alone coordinate what we are wearing.
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!

CatwoMN

Cherry Picker

Interesting concept - I could never do it though...like Amanda said, it's okay for Christmas cards or a family portrait but not for vacation in my book.
{linda}
>>^..^<<

Leeanna

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I will admit I have worn "fall colors" when going on a mountain trip in the fall to help coordinate my lo's, but I didn't go so far as to make sure each and every outfit would coordinate...
Image Image

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

pahaha I totally try to coordinate for things like pumpkin patches and zoos.  I've even been known to match their shirts to their birthday cakes :grayconfused:
CHEERS~~

davsar

Cherry Cola

I guess I'm lucky - I don't have to coordinate clothes - my boys will simply get in the dirt, grass, water, etc and get covered in it!
ImageImage

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

Ok DH has worn his red Red Sox shirt SO often outside that I have now started banning it from outdoor events that I know I will be taking pictures at.  The bright red shirt and green grass were making it impossible to scrap without looking Christmas-y!

ScrappyK

Cherry Blossom

LOL!! I seen that too. There is no way in hell that I could pack to meet my scrapping needs. I have to scrap around my clothing needs. That was just too funny. I mean it's one thing to be addicted but that seems to be obssesive to me.

Kelly Pyron

Digital Designers

I don't think my girls would go for that deal at all.  LOL!  They are teenagers and would not appreciate me picking out their clothes for them at any time.  My son is pretty particular about his clothes, too.  AND...my husband, well, he is just plain stubborn and uncooperative when it comes to picture taking... period.  So that whole coordinating clothes things would never fly in my house! LOL!
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}

girlsmommy

Cherry Bomb

Call me crazy, I do it all the time!
Stacie

Image Image Image Be who you are, not who you think you should be.

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

I'm one of the crazies I guess because I not only packed bright colored matching outfits for my girls to wear to Disneyland.....I bought them especially for the trip and the fact that they would look good in disney layouts.  Yep.  I'm OBSESSIVE.Image
Becky

Image Image Image

-Shannon-

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Oh good grief! I love my hobby but could never take it that far.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

... this woman must be very meticulous when clothes shopping so as to have something for everyone in every color. *yikes*  She must spend weeks packing to make sure it's all perfect.
Image Image

LKappy

Cherry Garcia

If we are going somewhere new I do try to dress my girls is complimenting outfits so that possible pictures will look nice. :-D
~*Lisa*~

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I think that is a bit crazy.  We need to make her an appointment in SA (scrapbooking anonymous)
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

clairbug

Cherry Bing

Call me crazy, but all of the clothes I took for my son on vacation were beach themed....color coordinated. Mainly because I wanted him to look like a little beach bum, but there was also that thought in my mind that it would make scrapping a lot easier. :-D

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

I guess I am alittle crazy-- when we did our last vacation I made sure we had coordinating outfits-- not just for scrapping reasons-- but it helped with knowing what was clean and dirty-- Monday- everyone wore red, Tuesday was green-- I like our family to look tied togehter anyway.

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

I do this a little bit especially when we go somewhere...when we go to Disney I try to make sure that most of our shorts and shirts are solids since everything around Disneyland is so "busy" with background, characters and stuff that I don't want our clothes to compete with the surroundings! and for the 4th of July everyone has some kid of red/white/blue shirt! it does make scrapping your pictures easier and instead of having to compete with the different colors for pages, everything is very similar~that's just me though~
Image~Angie~

LoveMyBella

Product Promotions

I do this to a lesser degree.  I pack outfits for my girls that match (from the same "line") but are different styles.  Shorts/t's for the tomboy and dresses for the princess.  Thank goodness for Gymboree and Hanna, who seem to make clothing just for me my kids. :-D 

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee