Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

This drives me nuts
3 8-10th graders going door to door in plain clothing and walmart bags to get candy.  At least make an effort to be something. You have any halloween pet peeves.

moodyonceamth

Cherry Addict

This drives me nuts
No costume, no candy!Edited to add, I keep Dum-Dum suckers on hand for those types.  The ones in costumes get the chocolate.

MelissaM

Cherry Bing

This drives me nuts
I had a few of those too...even sadder were a couple of little kids (5-8) in plain clothes, come on parents at least buy them a mask or silly hat at the drug store.My major peeve tonight was the firetruck and police car that zoomed through the neighborhood.  We live in a huge neighborhood and our street is a major cut through.  I realize there was an emergency but you would think they would have exercised a little more caution considering the streets were swarming with kids!
Melissa
formally known as mkyanne

glo85cam

Cherry Jubilee

This drives me nuts
LOL I like dum-dums! I used to have a few older kids that would go around with their younger brothers/sisters...some would ask nicely if they might have a piece of candy, too.  Since I never had a lot of kids anyway,  I would give them some too.

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

This drives me nuts
I'm with you!It is worse when the kids are little without a costume though - then I blame the parents!
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

ElsieB

Wild Cherry

This drives me nuts
LOL!  Love the Dum Dums idea, Amy!
Elsie

berries

Cherry Tart

This drives me nuts
OMGosh! I JUST posted about this on the NSBR refugee board! I wonder if I can c&p it over here.

mamma2allboyz

Cherry Cola

This drives me nuts
Yeah I hate it too, my parents didnt really let us go out to much after we got in Middle school and it was a rule if you dont dress up then you dont go out.  My parents always thought that was rude so they didnt allow us to do it either.Hugs 
Jennifer Mom of Four Boys

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

This drives me nuts
I just think its a big excuse for candy anyway especailly for the older ones.  I don't have alot at my house but when I lived at home we would have between 175-250 every year.  The ones who don't dress the kids up - make something from things you have at home, it not that hard. And I think after about 7th grade its just not mecessary cause you know all they want is the free candy, which is evident the next day at school. I have alot of pet peeves about halloween lol 

stephfez

Cherry Bing

This drives me nuts
I flipping got a 4 Month Old with his/her parents!!!!!!!  The kid isn't old enough to eeat the stuff or have any knowledge of TOT - What the heck??????????????
Stephanie

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool Image

koala1966

Cherry Delight

This drives me nuts
Of course all they want is free candy, that's all I was about from the age of 8.    But I can't imagine trick or treating without a costume, that just seems stupid (and rude) to me.  I always went through the effort to dress up. And we trick or treated until the age of 15.  After that we worked and had our own money for candy. 

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

This drives me nuts
I don't have any pet peeves about Halloween! It is one of my favorite holidays. I love giving out candy, I love seeing the costumes and I absolutely LOVE seeing my little man have a blast!!!
SUS ImageImageImage

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

This drives me nuts
Oh I like the holiday.  I like to decorate and pass out candy but I want people to make a effort and do it for fun - not just free candy.I really want to hang a sign up that says if you aren't wearing a costume - NO CANDY!!

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

This drives me nuts
ya know...I have never had that happen....I bet if I did...I would be a "tad" pissed too. Do they at least have pumpkin buckets?
SUS ImageImageImage

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

This drives me nuts
Nope at lot of them come with Walmart bags and some with old butter containers or something similar.  Few have something halloween related for a bag.

berries

Cherry Tart

This drives me nuts
I just had a whole family, and I mean aunts, uncles, I think I saw grandma too, and they all held out their bags and not one of them was wearing a costume. Nobody said anything, no Trick or Treat, no kiss my a$$, nothing.It was pencils all around. 

berries

Cherry Tart

This drives me nuts
This my other post from the NSBR refugee board: So now ya'll will know that I am a Grade A #1 beyoch.I overheard a chick at the grocery store talking about how she was going trick or treating tonight with her kids. She's gonna have her own bag and she told them she was not going to share any of her candy that she got, she wanted some candy too.Okay seriously? If you want some candy how about taking a stroll over about 3 aisles to the candy aisle and pick up a bag or 2? I hate it when I get adult trick or treaters. It' not cute, trick or treating is for kids. Adults can get a J O B and buy their own damn candy. Yes, I feel strongly on this issue.So, I decided what I am gonna do for my adults that come to the door this year. I'm giving them a pencil. No special Halloween pencils, just a regular yellow #2 pencil. I've got a bazillion of em around here. Their children will get candy, but the adults will get a tool to help them fill out that job application so that next year, they can buy their own candy.

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

This drives me nuts
LOL! That's great berries!!!!

koala1966

Cherry Delight

This drives me nuts
LMBO at this pencils trick. 

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

This drives me nuts
LMAO thats great.  Pencils.  I was thinking about being the mean lady that hands out toothbrushes.  no costume - toothbrush.  adult - toothbrush.  kids dressed up - candy

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee