Ask me anything...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 202

Re: Ask me anything...

Post by DaisyLou »

Henu_Nea wrote: What is your favorite fruit?
mmm so many! Probably my all time fav is nectarines, but I really love all fruit. I tried dragon fruit for the first time not long ago and yum!! That is not only amazing looking but delicious!!
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

Charleneanne wrote: how about a mini biography?    Let's get to know more about you
Oh boy! Ok... mini eh?.. I'll do my best...

I was born in northern alberta. I have a sister three years older and one five years younger. When I was 4 we moved to bc and into the house that I live in to this day. I grew up here in a fairly normal ideal childhood. We never had much money, but got by ok. My mom stayed home and cooked and sewed and taught us those skills too - something I'm very grateful for! I dropped out of school in grade 10  - five days in to be exact - with the begrudging blessing of my parents and went off to find my way in the world. I was always unhappy in school, I've always been a bit shy and at the same time just smart enough to be bored so I had neither the social aspect nor the mental stimulation to keep me interested in school. I'd talked with my parents about this for a couple of years and we'd agreed that I'd at least try high school and see if it was any better. Once it was clear that it would be even more unbearable I took off with my older sister to a hippie commune sort of arrangement on a very small island and lived there working for our living for a couple of years. Then I did a bit of traveling around,  moving here and there, went to Mexico with a girlfriend for 7 months when I was 19 and eventually returned to the small island. I stayed there working and hanging out for a few years until I started feeling the urge to do something with my life and so I got my high school equivalency by correspondence and moved back to the town I grew up in where my mom still lived. I met my dh and started attending college to get a teaching degree so I could teach elementary school. That was my plan B since it seemed like I couldnt' get pregnant. (I'd tried a few times with not a glimmer of success). Then out of nowhere, after dh and I trying for 2 1/2 years, I was pregnant! So I put the degree on hold, had my daugher, and then when she was 9 months old - wham! I was pregnant again! Now I live with my hardworking dh and his son as well as my own two darlings in the house that I grew up in (my mom didn't need all the space for herself anymore and moved to somewhere smaller) and I plan to continue this way until the kids are in school and then reevaluate and probably finish my degree and teach elementary school.

...and live happily ever after! :-D
hug-a-bug
Cherry Tart

Post by hug-a-bug »

DaisyLou wrote:
hug-a-bug wrote: Hey, I'm new here, but I'm learning. This looks like a fun thread :D

Anyway, have you ever been to Iceland (or heard of)?

Definitely heard of - even watched some documentarys on it, but sadly never been. Looks gorgeous though!! Is that where you are from?
Yes, lovely but a bit too dark this time of year. The summers are wonderful though, with endless daylight... In late June and beginning of July the sun just doesn't go down!!
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

hug-a-bug wrote:
DaisyLou wrote:
hug-a-bug wrote: Hey, I'm new here, but I'm learning. This looks like a fun thread :D

Anyway, have you ever been to Iceland (or heard of)?

Definitely heard of - even watched some documentarys on it, but sadly never been. Looks gorgeous though!! Is that where you are from?
Yes, lovely but a bit too dark this time of year. The summers are wonderful though, with endless daylight... In late June and beginning of July the sun just doesn't go down!!
I can imagine! I'm in southern BC and we get a bit of those extremes,but not like you do! Mid winter we have daylight from about 9am - 4pm and in midsummer although it doesn't ever get pitch dark, the sun is down around 10pm and up again at 4ish. I get a bit of SAD in the winter, usually around this time, do you ever have problems with that? How do you deal with it? The first real warm sun rays in the spring are such a tonic to me! I've considered getting full spectrum lights for my kitchen during the winter...
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 829

Post by Kimandasmo »

so???? how many more posts do you need???
tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 5

Post by tinkerbelldani »

Girl, 

You gave me GREAT tips. Thank you soooo much. 
  Image How many more posts do you need?
ImageDani

Firegems
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Post by Firegems »

what is your most favorite memory as a child?
Firegems
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 97

Post by Monroe1218 »

What do you think about men that wear socks with sandals?

What food do you hate?

Where is one place that you wouldn't want to visit?

Do you prefer your pictures to be matte or glossy?

Do you have any good recipes for a potato soup that's creamy with cheese?
Rebecca

DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

Kimandasmo wrote: so???? how many more posts do you need???
Would you believe I did 67 yesterday?? That means only 33 more to go!
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

tinkerbelldani wrote: Girl, 

You gave me GREAT tips. Thank you soooo much. 
  Image How many more posts do you need?

You are very welcome! And this post puts me down to 32 left to go!
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

Firegems wrote: what is your most favorite memory as a child?
I did this one already, but here's another one... we had a treefort in the back yard that is in a HUGE fir tree with a few smaller trees around it. That thing has so many branches it's like a ladder! We were constantly working on it and upgrading it and despite all the kids with hammers it somehow never fell down! Funny adendum... recently I was commenting on that to my dad and he said he used to go out there with a hammer and a handfull of nails from time to time and firm everything up. Well I guess I should have guessed that since it never collapsed once, I guess I just thought we were great builders!!
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

Monroe1218 wrote: What do you think about men that wear socks with sandals? Ugh! My dh does this and it drives me nuts!! He also wears his big black boots with shorts!  For someone who is always very concious of his looks - always asking does this shirt go with these pants etc - he doesn't seem to get how funny it looks to have big clonky feet with shorts! :x

What food do you hate? Hmm hate might be a bit strong, but I really don't like shellfish or cooked raisins

Where is one place that you wouldn't want to visit?Antarctica! lol seriously anywhere cold! I like warm weather!

Do you prefer your pictures to be matte or glossy? for scrapping, matte. I get glossys too fingerprinty!

Do you have any good recipes for a potato soup that's creamy with cheese?see below!
I love baked potatoe soup, but beware - this is NOT a low fat meal!!(to make it a bit healthier, use olive oil instead of bacon fat to sautee the onion and garlic, and sub milk for the cream)

INGREDIENTS

3 bacon strips, diced
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    3 cups chicken broth
    2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
    1 cup half-and-half cream
    Shredded Cheddar cheese
    Minced fresh parsley

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1
tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in the
drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well.
Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the
potatoes and cream; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon,
cheese and parsley.
tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 5

Post by tinkerbelldani »

You are so good. You are an expert on everything!!
 I am asking you everything next time. LOL
ImageDani

GRACEpunches5
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 575

Post by GRACEpunches5 »

who is your favorite disney princess?
who is your favorite disney charcter?
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]
grifscap
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 109

Post by grifscap »

what is your favorite kind of music?
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

GRACEpunches5 wrote:who is your favorite disney princess? Belle, she is just so sweet!
who is your favorite disney charcter? Piglet, tiny and adorable!
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

grifscap wrote: what is your favorite kind of music?
I like folk  music. Acoustic or live preferably. Ani Difranco is my fav artist :)
DaisyLou
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by DaisyLou »

tinkerbelldani wrote: You are so good. You are an expert on everything!!
 I am asking you everything next time. LOL
Actually I'm only an expert on one thing... google! LOL But thanks for the boost! ;)
JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Post by JulesinParadise »

Tell us (in a seperate post per question please) what is your favorite night time show
you favorite colr and your favorite day of the week and why and what you want to be when you grow up...lol
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Woohoo! How far away from your goal are you now?? ;P
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

Return to “General Talk”