Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

CatwoMN

Cherry Picker

New Message Board
I don't know if this is something that will change but if I forget to sign in (like at work) and want to reply - after I log in I get stranded on the home page and have to find the post I wanted to reply to or the item I wanted to add to my wishlist.If we could sign in and pop back up where we were, that would be a good thing.Thanks, LindaETA - I'd also like a kitty-cat smiley, please!!! 

wahoo_mom

Cherry Garcia

New Message Board
I like this mssg board too, especially the topics on the left and the open thread on the right.  More smileys would be nice and I like the idea of signatures being automatically included.
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

New Message Board
Brandon...for those people that don't like blinkies (I like them, but I can see the annoyance) can you LIMIT the amount?  The thing that drives me bonkers about blinkies is when there are about 50 in each post...I think you are doing a fine job trying to meet everyone's needs.  You saved the post counts, so you're the man to me!

TinaH

Sweet Cherry Pie

New Message Board
What are blinkies? The one thing that is distracting to me are the people's avatars that are animated. It's hard to read when out of the corner of my eye I see something hopping/jumping around. Maybe other people who are prone to headaches can relate to this.

Brandon Singer

Site Admin

New Message Board
"I don't know if this is something that will change but if I forget to sign in (like at work) and want to reply - after I log in I get stranded on the home page and have to find the post I wanted to reply to or the item I wanted to add to my wishlist.If we could sign in and pop back up where we were, that would be a good thing."Thats something I've been wanting to fix. I'll make sure that gets done."ETA - I'd also like a kitty-cat smiley, please!!!  "Ok :)
-Echo

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

New Message Board
what about public and private forums will they still be in use?
SUS ImageImageImage

Mom2Bri

Chocolate Covered Cherry

New Message Board
I really like the setup of this board. I like seeing the topics instead of having to pick a separate category and then seeing those topics and having to go to another to see those.The setup of this board is what kept me here instead of looking at other boards.
Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif

Nanna-Star

Cherry Bing

New Message Board
The Fibrelady said all that I feel.Some of us have been here for a very long time and I thought some of the changes in the past were a step backwards...we used to have much better smilies for instance.I love to save topics so that I can read them again and refer to them for information.Also, as new people come to the mb, often they ask the same questions and it is helpful to be able to re post a thread that has covered the topic in question on a previous occasion.In summary, add but don't remove anything, please!Christina

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

New Message Board
I have to admit, that I have a hard time with change. That said, I went crazy this week when I had no access to the board and all of my friends here...it really doesn't matter to me what you do to the board, as long as once I learn how to maneuver, I'll still be able to find the same fabulous friends! You're not going to hide them from me are you Brandon?

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

New Message Board
dang this is already different than when I joined back in the day.  I do not like change much.  What are you going to do now? 

scrappinchic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

New Message Board
I usually like change but this is one time I just say noooooo!  I don't like the format of the other boards.  Me likey the frames.  Without my post count I'll look just like any other scrappin-something-or-other named Laura who joined yesterday.PC users can add spell check to their google toolbar and it works with ACOT posts.Laura

pinkflamingo

Sweet Cherry Pie

New Message Board
What corrie date said.Newest reply at the top.

MLee

Cherry Cola

New Message Board
I'm thrilled that you will be getting a modified board. I resisted joining the boards here because of the way it was set up for a very long time and I have heard that from a lot of other people. Well, that and the "private forums" that are here cause a lot of concern.The way the frames are set up now - with the one on the left and the full messages on the right - if you switch to the larger font option it cuts off portions of the screen. With most message boards I don't have that problem. I already have a large monitor so that shouldn't be a problem.Also, it would be so wonderful if the post counts in the gallery counted toward something - either just our post counts and not cherries or both. I spend more time in the gallery than I do on the message board.An updated search feature would be nice. It's hard to find old posts or old threads or even to find relevant information on the board now.A "New Topics Since Your Last Visit" icon would be great so that you didn't have to open every thread, you could just see what is new to you.One last thing - the current message board doesn't seem to be very friendly with firefox, will the new one interface better with other browsers?Also, I know that you're not changing anything in the gallery but something to consider... the things in the gallery apparently come back to the top based upon the amount of comments rather than when they were posted to the gallery - is that correct? This means that there are often things in the gallery that don't get seen before they are moved down. I try to leave a comment on as many things as possible but I often find myself looking at the same things over and over again because the same things are getting commented on rather than the newer things being featured. For me this is a sad.Thanks so much! It's great that you're listening to feedback from ALL of your customers! 

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

New Message Board
Themom....the gallery items are listed in the order they are posted...they don't come back up when someone comments.  That only happens if someone reposts their layout.Maybe, you have switched to different areas of the gallery, though...some parts don't move as fast.

Flasher

Cherry Crush

New Message Board
Art_Teacher is correct.  Gallery images don't get bumped back up. Personally, I'm happy with the MB the way it is.  But, if ACOT feels change is necessary, I'll roll with it.

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

New Message Board
I LOVE how each person's posts are separated and it is clear at a glance who is replying.  I'm with many others on here that I prefer this message board set-up to other boards because I find it the easiest to navigate.  If it becomes more like the veggie site (there, I said it) it will frustrate me to no end and I probably will not visit much. Here are the features I would NOT like to see changed:Public and private forumsthe separation of each person's reply with the blue bar that has all their info and links in it (it would be VERY sad to lose this!!!!)pm'sthe topic lists permantly on the left (I HATE going back and forth from thread to topics)the list of users online at the bottom left (I like to scan to see who's on in case I want to talk with them)the saved topicsthe address bookthe ability to post pics in the threadsthe separate topics and the all topics featurepost  and layout count including the link to the person's layout gallerysignature featureHere are things I think could change:pm notification on the home page againmore colors of smiliesspell check (would grammar check be possible as well???)If blinkies and pics are allowed in the signiture lines....the ability to turn them OFF!A notification when someone posts to your topic 
Becky

Image Image Image

MLee

Cherry Cola

New Message Board
Perhaps that is the reason Art Teacher. I find the gallery a difficult one to navigate. I do find myself seeing multiples of the same thing and missing so many others. I will work harder at learning those tricks.

LKappy

Cherry Garcia

New Message Board
When is the change gonna take place? 
~*Lisa*~

2Bizi

Cherry Bomb

New Message Board
Well change can be good and I am open to the ideaThings I like right now:list of topics on the left so that I don't have to hit back each time to get to a different threadlink to each user's profile and lo from the MB i like searchability right now but if it can be broadend even better Things that i'd like / not like for the future:Increased compatability for Mac users - right now I don't get to add a pic or smileys from my power mac osxThe idea of blinkies is ok but best if it had option to turn off or ignore I like the option of newest replies first I second the idea that when you've forgotten to sign in and then do that it takes you back to that item in the MB / gallery that you were at I would hate to see any ads or other links tied into the MB - save those for the shop and the home pages I hope Change though is best experienced by trying and by a willingness to back track and adjust to those things that just seem not to work. Thanks for asking for input first.

clairbug

Cherry Bing

New Message Board
If you think you're going to make all these women happy, you better give up now! LOL! When a person's world revolves around the color of their smilies....you better watch out!I'm all for the change! Bring it on!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee