Moderator: ACOT Employee

CherryTat
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 492

Re: Baby Names

Post by CherryTat »

average_kim wrote:
average_kim wrote:
CherryTat wrote:I knew of a Farron once, but it was a guy.

My daughter's best friend is named Salome. 

The worst name I ever heard for a girl is Dorcas. Really? She was a nurse when I was in nursing school- I couldn't believe it when I was told her name
This is a Biblical name from the New Testament.  She was a woman who made clothes for poor children.  I snicker when I run across it in the Preschool Sunday School class I teach.  The kids are so young, they don't notice that it's considered a weird name nowadays!
And, I'm assuming it's pronounced "Dork-us"?
yes, that's how it's pronounced. I thought, and still do, that it's the worst name ever for a girl!!!
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2362

Post by Art_Teacher »

Being a teacher, I have heard some doozies.  LOL   Here are a few interesting ones:

Maecan (girl...pronounced Mason)
Candy (last name Cotton)
Vicktoryia (apparently they weren't sure how they wanted to spell it)
and last, but not least, one poor girl whose name was Sena (pronounced Seen-a) Johnson!

My husband went to school with a girl name Ima (last name Pigg!) and a boy name Forrest (last name Bugg!)

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

ScrapHappyKatie wrote:This has been such a funny post to read . I've been laughing at all these names. Placenta!! Really!!  Lord help that child.  Xerox!! Hilarious!  Brooklyn Ho- giggle.  My DH's oldest named her daughter Karma. It is cute but that poor baby when she gets older. I don't think I need explain that one. Image
I work with a nurse named Karma. She is great...a good nurse, and very easy going and fun loving. It has great associations for me through her! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

joanne-nz wrote:
sweetsour wrote:
Ayla wrote:One of the docs I work with just had twin baby girls,.....6-9 and 6-15 at birth! Talk about a huge belly, as they went 38 weeks lol. Anyway....they named the babies Kyle Kathryn and Ryan Michelle. Unusual for girls, but I think they are awesome!

Isn't it funny, a lot of boys names are accepted for girls, but not vice versa...  Can you imagine naming them Kathryn Kyle and Michelle Ryan if they were boys?  not quite so awesome!  lol

RYAN is a BOYS name in New Zealand..never heard of a girl called Ryan!!!!
My daughters name is Cherie..she gets called cherry or it is spelled Sheree..I hate it when people can't be bothered with correct spelling.
and my odest daughter is named Amanda and I know that's used as a boys name, so is Mandy which is what she got called as a child. thinking of actor..Mandy Patinken in particular he is a great actor! 
I've never heard of Amanda for a boy. And Mandy Patinken is the first male Mandy I've ever seen. But I agree...he's a fantastic actor!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

The worst name I ever heard for a girl is Dorcas. Really? She was a nurse when I was in nursing school- I couldn't believe it when I was told her name
There's a character named Dorcas in "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"....one of my favorite movies. Ali and I always laugh at her name lol.
 Image Image

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

average_kim wrote:
average_kim wrote:

This is a Biblical name from the New Testament.  She was a woman who made clothes for poor children.  I snicker when I run across it in the Preschool Sunday School class I teach.  The kids are so young, they don't notice that it's considered a weird name nowadays!
And, I'm assuming it's pronounced "Dork-us"?
That's how they pronounce it in the movie!
 Image Image

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

I worked at a retail store once, and it was funny to hear one of the department managers called over the intercom: "Ms. Seeman, line 1."  haha!
Kim

Image Image  
Cherry Tart

Post by »

Farran is quite interesting and I like the ones that can go for males or females

Return to “General Talk”