We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

scrappie_stacie

Cherry Bomb

Re: I almost had my wallet stolen.
Scary!!! It's a shame that you have to be so careful and watch everyone's every move when you're out and about. Glad you caught the jerk and he didn't get away with anything.

---------------------------------------------------------

BeatrizS

Cherry Bomb

lilkoala3 wrote:
BeatrizS wrote:WOW Leslie! I have been in your situation before and i Know how PISSED off it feels when someone tries to take advantage of you. I think you should invest in some MACE if you cant get it in PA let me know and i will ask one of my cop friends to buy one for me. I think u should protect yourself when you are out late at night. It really sucks that our world has come to this. That no one steps in when they see someone getting pick pocketed. You handled it well but please be careful You may have been lucky this time cause they were amateurs. But your reaction could have gone very badly. Stay safe!
Thanks, Beatriz! Ann is actually taking care of the mace for me since she works at the police station. By the way, are you free on Nov 7???

I don't have anything important on my calendar other then maybe going to work (but i can get sick on command)lol Why what are you planning young lady

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Re: Almost had wallet stolen- UPDATED @ end- I got pepper spray
I really enjoyed Philly when I was there last (early 90's) but I'm sure it's changed (as most places do). Keep safe sister!
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

Yikes, I'm glad it ended okay & hope you never find yourself in such a situation again. Be safe.
ImageImage

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

BeatrizS wrote:
lilkoala3 wrote:
BeatrizS wrote:WOW Leslie! I have been in your situation before and i Know how PISSED off it feels when someone tries to take advantage of you. I think you should invest in some MACE if you cant get it in PA let me know and i will ask one of my cop friends to buy one for me. I think u should protect yourself when you are out late at night. It really sucks that our world has come to this. That no one steps in when they see someone getting pick pocketed. You handled it well but please be careful You may have been lucky this time cause they were amateurs. But your reaction could have gone very badly. Stay safe!
Thanks, Beatriz! Ann is actually taking care of the mace for me since she works at the police station. By the way, are you free on Nov 7???

I don't have anything important on my calendar other then maybe going to work (but i can get sick on command)lol Why what are you planning young lady
Check your PMs lady!
Leslie

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

dude. DUDE. Seriously, people have some cajones to be doing it right there in front of all those other bystanders! Way to go, you, for handling it like you did. I would have likely done the same thing. Be careful and be smart, but then we already know you are!

Cherry Picker

I agree it's good to make a lot of noise and draw attention to yourself. Most creeps like that are really chickens!! I know from experience that bad things happen in small towns too!! I went to a crop this weekend that was just held by a bunch of girls. It was in a hotel and since we rented enough rooms they gave us the conference room for free. They locked it up at night (well for the couple of hours that the girls slept) so that no one could get in and there was no driving late at night. We could crop in our jammies if we wanted!! I felt much safer than dragging all that stuff out at night. And I don't have to worry about a train or a cab!! just the parking lot to get to my car!!
Rona - my blog

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Please be careful and as you said , always be very aware of your surroundings.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

and carry the pepper spray right in your hand - -

Our apt was robbed a couple years ago and dh worked late at night and I walked around our apt. with it in my hand for months. Room to room - cocked and ready to go. (on mine you have to turn the top to use it)

And don't forget to test it now and then to make sure it's still working - and to familiarize yourself with it.

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

I am proud of how you handled it. I am grateful that you are ok though!!!
Image \ ImageImage

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

Frig, can you come be my body guard?

3 Pals

Cherry Bomb

Kudos to you! And thank you for proving we don't have to sit back and take it any more!!!!! I always fantasized thatI would do similar if faced with something like that but...not so sure.
ImageImage Image
Ann

-Shannon-

Chocolate Covered Cherry

WOW, I'm so glad you are okay first off and I'm really glad you got your wallet back. Thank goodness there were other people around so he couldn't do anything to you.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

Leslie, I think you need to wear thigh high boots and a red cape when you go out at night!
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ctmhdanielle

Cherry Blossom

lilkoala3 wrote:Thanks for all the support, y'all. I need it! I went to a military supply store today and bought pepper spray. It's the kind the nypd uses. I'm carrying in my pocket everywhere I go now.

And what really upsets me is that I have been LOVING Philadelphia lately! Besides the crime, it's a great city full of culture and history, activities, awesome restuarants, fun shopping, and beautiful architecture. I never lack for fun things to do! This is a huge change from when I moved to Philly 5 years ago. It still smells bad, but it's such a fun place!

Mom2snox, I moved to another neighborhood within the city a month ago, but I've been here for years to go to school.

The thing is, I don't see myself living in the burbs. It's not my style at all.

Sus, I don't really think I'll move back to Texas. My dream is to relocate to California SOON. I just love that entire state (other than LA!). My dream is to live in Santa Cruz or Monterrey.

I'm so sorry to hear what has happened to you. I'm not sure how I would have reacted. I think getting pepper spray was a smart idea. I'm that it's not making you want to leave the city. So, you want to relocate to CA!! I'm from Stanton, CA that's about 15 minutes from Disneyland. I moved from there when I was in elementary school and now I live in MD. I have a friend from Santa Cruz and I can say it's beautiful, my mom travels to Monterrey every now and again and she loves that. Ok, stay safe and keep enjoying the city, I know I miss it, being 30 minutes from DC isn't always enough for me, but I do enjoy the quiet of the burbs sometimes.
With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
http://polka-dot-scrapper.blogspot.com/

cat1393

Cherry Cola

"SKY"--->Scream Kick Yell....thats what one is supposed to do. Just glad to hear u r okay! Don't be afraid to use that Pepper spray. I have one too...one never knows!

Christine

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

lilkoala3 wrote:Thanks for all the support, y'all. I need it! I went to a military supply store today and bought pepper spray. It's the kind the nypd uses. I'm carrying in my pocket everywhere I go now.

And what really upsets me is that I have been LOVING Philadelphia lately! Besides the crime, it's a great city full of culture and history, activities, awesome restuarants, fun shopping, and beautiful architecture. I never lack for fun things to do! This is a huge change from when I moved to Philly 5 years ago. It still smells bad, but it's such a fun place!

Mom2snox, I moved to another neighborhood within the city a month ago, but I've been here for years to go to school.

The thing is, I don't see myself living in the burbs. It's not my style at all.

Sus, I don't really think I'll move back to Texas. My dream is to relocate to California SOON. I just love that entire state (other than LA!). My dream is to live in Santa Cruz or Monterrey.

and when that happens, we'll meet in Gilroy at the holiday inn and scrap our hearts out!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee