How Do You Prepare For The Crop?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

cynderellaj
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 576

Re: How Do You Prepare For The Crop?

Post by cynderellaj »

beachlover wrote: As soon as each bingo is posted, I make my choices and print the page out, then put it aside.  That way I can at least be prepared for them, and I put the list of bingos in order that they will be played.  Then I don't have to worry about it until its time for the game to begin!
I do this same thing and I write the time that the bingo is starting...In MY TIMEZONE....so I dont' miss any.
Image Image Image
Cyndi
I NEED SA - Scrappers Anonymous!!!
cynderellaj
Cherry Cola

Post by cynderellaj »

beachlover wrote:
cynderellaj wrote:
beachlover wrote: Did you notice none of the cherry blossoms are chiming in here?  They must think we're a bunch of lushes and this is an online booze party or something.  Like we need an excuse  :winkb: 
 Ann - I thought the whole purpose for the crop was to have an online booze party without worrying about drinking and driving??  Am I wrong???????  If so, I have alot of Mike's I have to return for adhesive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyndi,
I have a confession to make, my name is Mike.  I will pm you my addy and you can jut focus on your crop next weekend :winkb:

Gosh - that is so nice of you to help me out. I always knew the people around here were THE BEST!!!! ;)
Image Image Image
Cyndi
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

I try to think of new games for you all to try while I host...got any ideas??? :-D
SUS ImageImageImage
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1754

Post by beachlover »

suslvgeo wrote: I try to think of new games for you all to try while I host...got any ideas??? :-D
gee Sus, they would probably all involve downing shots knowing us! :winkb:
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

I am really glad this thread came up. I haven' t done a crop here before (or online) and was wondering how to get things organized. I think I am going do the games,a couple classes,  maybe a litte scrapping, and get to know everyone here. I already feel a little overwhelmed by it all! :? I did tell dh that I was going to be doing this so he needed to pick up the slack....[quote="cynderellaj"][/quote]
now if this is a online booze party, I am there!!!! Break out the corona and lime!! fiesta time!
***Tanya***
cynderellaj
Cherry Cola

Post by cynderellaj »

Tanya - if you have your corona and lime and have told DH what his responsibilities are, I think you are definitely ready for your first crop!!  Be careful - they become addicting!!!!
Image Image Image
Cyndi
gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

cynderellaj wrote:  Be careful - they become addicting!!!!

The Corona or the crops??? LOL!!

***Tanya***
cynderellaj
Cherry Cola

Post by cynderellaj »

gonecamping wrote:
cynderellaj wrote:  Be careful - they become addicting!!!!

The Corona or the crops??? LOL!!

OH...I meant both!!  :winkb:
Image Image Image
Cyndi
kittymomma
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 341

Post by kittymomma »

Smiley-Scrap8 wrote: Hehe, you ladies are so funny. I don't if you know about my friday night wine typing, but me drinking at a crop is not a good idea. I can't type to save my life when I'm drinking. I would never be able to participate in the games, no one would have a clue what I'm saying. Come on, I know I'm not the only the can't drink-n-type! :-D

Oh--I hear you! I can barely type when I am sober!!!! I took mechanical drawing rather than typing in HS.....so now I look like I am illiterate on the MBs! LOL
kittymomma
Cherry Cola

Post by kittymomma »

OKay---- I SWEAR I saw it posted somewhere that the deadline for submissions was noon on MOnday. Am I confused?  The original post with the schedule does not have the deadline posted in it!
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

you're not crazy kitty, Monday at noon EST is correct. On Friday I will be posting the Crop Rules so it'll all be explained there, no worries :)
Image Image
kittymomma
Cherry Cola

Post by kittymomma »

OKay--I saw that we may need partners...a couple people have volunteered to be my partner....but I am wondering if it will involve a fast scrap...because I don't know if I will be able to be around all day Saturday. I would hate to be someone's partner and then not be here and let them down!

Can you at least tell us that much?????
kittymomma
Cherry Cola

Post by kittymomma »

So--this morning I saw one game--entered a guess and then missed all the others while I was out running and stuff!

Is that how extra games will be posted during the crop? They will just show up in the side bar? Or will they be posted in the Summer crop section? 

What windows should I have open? one with the SUmmer crop?  the gallery? any others?
Mommybruno
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1318

Post by Mommybruno »

kittymomma wrote: So--this morning I saw one game--entered a guess and then missed all the others while I was out running and stuff!

Is that how extra games will be posted during the crop? They will just show up in the side bar? Or will they be posted in the Summer crop section? 

What windows should I have open? one with the SUmmer crop?  the gallery? any others?
Games, Bingo, challenges, etc. will all be happening in the Summer Crop forum. You'll want to keep a window open for the shoppe because some games send you there. And keep the General Topics forum open, too. That's also a fun place to hang out and you never know when the points fairies will stop by!
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage
kittymomma
Cherry Cola

Post by kittymomma »

Thank you soo much! I am soo excited!  I really wish DH would just want to stay home on Saturday!!!

But I have been going to so  many crops this summer--that I guess it really isn't fair to ask him to give up ANOTHER weekend.... hmmmm 
megamay
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 983

Post by megamay »

wow - I have been to a couple crops here but I guess I didnt hang out on the boards enough. I didnt realize you all were the drinking and cropping types! I will be there (at least Fri night) with my wine in hand!

Sat morning and Sun morn I will be here, but will probably do more scrapping than drinking - lol!

oh, and I cleaned my scrap room last night so I am all ready to mess it up again!
dianagirly
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 812

Post by dianagirly »

Big one for me is having the crop schedule converted to my time zone and taped to my monitor!
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

I'm a little crazy for organization.  So far I have:

All class supplies in baggies, labeled and stored on top of each other in a box in order they are happening.
All Bingo lists printed and stacked with the class supplies...again in order.
Schedule printed, converted to my time and color coded.
15 "kits" prepared that I hope to use for challenges and/or fast scraps.
Computer moved up to my craft room ON my table so I can be right there.
Expression and Cuttlebug on their own lil table not far from the main table.
All 10 seasons of Friends and all 6 seasons of SATC on DVD queued up and set to go.
Kid's father lined up to take them almost alll of the weekend.
Sangria ready & waiting in the freezer!

I still plan to make a few more kits and I'm making enchiladas tonight and hope there will be enough leftovers to feed me all weekend!  (Might have to get pizza one night to mix it up).

Just re-read that and MAN am I anal or what???  Image
Mommybruno
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1318

Post by Mommybruno »

ondreak wrote: I'm a little crazy for organization.  So far I have:

All class supplies in baggies, labeled and stored on top of each other in a box in order they are happening.
All 10 seasons of Friends and all 6 seasons of SATC on DVD queued up and set to go.

I still plan to make a few more kits and I'm making enchiladas tonight and hope there will be enough leftovers to feed me all weekend!  (Might have to get pizza one night to mix it up).

Could you please come and organize me??
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage
megamay
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 983

Post by megamay »

ondreak wrote: I'm a little crazy for organization.  So far I have:

man, you ARE organized!

Return to “General Talk”