Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Who is thankful today?
LoreenC wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:22 pm
Oh Boy!! I am Thankful EVERYDAY ! There are so many blessings I have received ! I am starting with my Most Recent,….. My Daughter had a very Serious surgery and she is finally starting to get back on her feet again! God Blessed us with a Successful Surgery!  

That's AWESOME Loreen!!!!!  She'll be back to her normal self in no time.  ;)  Praise God for good doctors and a successful surgery!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

cbee wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:31 pm
I am thankful that the Good Lord is looking after me. As of today I am cancer free. My yearly check up is in just a few weeks. My oldest son is getting married! And I will be around to see it! Stay safe everyone.

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!  What a wonderful God!!!  And I know your family is super happy that you'll be around for a long time now!!!  :)  What a precious gift!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Today I'm thankful for this amazing hobby of ours!!!  I've been fighting some health issues this week.  Things that are nowhere near as serious as those that caused 3 surgeries in the past 7 years but enough to knock me down sometimes for days at a time.  I just decided I was going to do my best to push through today because I didn't want to just lay around again.  I wanted to SCRAP!  I'd started a layout last night after looking through pictures for over an hour.  I wasn't very happy with it and I didn't think it would meet any challenges but I didn't care.  I just wanted to scrap at last after spending so much time on the 2 interactive albums. 

So I sat down this afternoon and started playing.  I found a picture of a layout I'd saved about a month or so ago from the gallery here but I can't find the name of the Cherry who posted it.  It got me started and I started to like how the page was turning out.  Then I looked at the list of challenges and realized that if I just added some washi tape and some wood veneer it would fit the grab 5 challenge.  Then Jolly Holly and I had been chatting and I needed a title.  She wasn't sure and just posted Hmmmm...  And voila!  That was IT!  :)  And as I was posting it and listing products I realized that it also fit the Manufacturer with a Twist challenge because I'd used Bo Bunny and brown paper and Nuvo Drops!  And I love how it turned out. 

I'm still tired and I hurt but mentally I feel a lot better....  So if I didn't scrapbook I'd never have met any of you ladies and who knows where I'd be right now!!!  :)  THANK YOU!!!

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

GinniG wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:44 pm
Florac74 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:37 am
Im thankful for ACOT community and friendships i have gained here. That I have been able to share my love of crafts and memories. To the support, kindness and prayers I received in my time of health struggles. For my health. Most importantly feeling physically well these days has brought a joy back! I'm so thankful to be able to do the little things like cook, clean, create and move around without pain! So much to be thankful for ❤

Flora I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!!!  In the past 6 years I've had 3 major surgeries and while I still have health issues they're nowhere near as bad as they were!!! Having the strength and energy to do those little things like cleaning a bit or cooking a meal is just one of the best feelings!  I often find myself thanking God that I can do those things now!  And with the weather getting warmer and the ice and snow all melted I'm getting outside more often too.  What a great feeling that is!!!  :)

Praise God!! so good!! Awww thank you for sharing this encouragement with me today!! It was exactly what I needed to hear! To continue to remind myself of his goodness and that I am not alone in the journey!
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Florac74 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:59 pm
GinniG wrote:
Florac74 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:37 am
Im thankful for ACOT community and friendships i have gained here. That I have been able to share my love of crafts and memories. To the support, kindness and prayers I received in my time of health struggles. For my health. Most importantly feeling physically well these days has brought a joy back! I'm so thankful to be able to do the little things like cook, clean, create and move around without pain! So much to be thankful for ❤

Flora I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!!!  In the past 6 years I've had 3 major surgeries and while I still have health issues they're nowhere near as bad as they were!!! Having the strength and energy to do those little things like cleaning a bit or cooking a meal is just one of the best feelings!  I often find myself thanking God that I can do those things now!  And with the weather getting warmer and the ice and snow all melted I'm getting outside more often too.  What a great feeling that is!!!  :) 

Praise God!! so good!! Awww thank you for sharing this encouragement with me today!! It was exactly what I needed to hear! To continue to remind myself of his goodness and that I am not alone in the journey! 

You are DEFINITELY NOT alone!!!!!  It has been almost 7 months since my surgery.  Occasionally I'll get a twinge or something but that's it.  The older we get the longer it takes us to heal.  My doctor told me it would be about 6 months before I really started feeling the same again and it's true!  So don't get discouraged but listen to your body and to your mental health as well!  I've had some rough days this week but today I knew that mentally I needed to at least TRY to get a layout done.  And I did!  I even took a short walk outside.  Sometimes the mental battle is worse than the physical one so it needs to have attention paid to it too.  I'm glad I could encourage you.  :)  That makes me feel good too!  :)

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

GinniG wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:11 pm
Florac74 wrote:
GinniG wrote:

You are DEFINITELY NOT alone!!!!!  It has been almost 7 months since my surgery.  Occasionally I'll get a twinge or something but that's it.  The older we get the longer it takes us to heal.  My doctor told me it would be about 6 months before I really started feeling the same again and it's true!  So don't get discouraged but listen to your body and to your mental health as well!  I've had some rough days this week but today I knew that mentally I needed to at least TRY to get a layout done.  And I did!  I even took a short walk outside.  Sometimes the mental battle is worse than the physical one so it needs to have attention paid to it too.  I'm glad I could encourage you.  :)  That makes me feel good too!  :)

❤❤❤ Thank you. I needed to hear so much of this today. The mental struggle is harder 😪 I'm so thankful for your words of encouragement.
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Florac74 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:17 am
GinniG wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:11 pm
Florac74 wrote:

❤❤❤ Thank you. I needed to hear so much of this today. The mental struggle is harder 😪 I'm so thankful for your words of encouragement.

You’re very welcome Flora!!!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee