Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: The heat caught up with me :(
Florac74 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:41 pm
It's been a long week in this Texas heat. I made sure to do all the right things. Hydrated like crazy. Made sure my family and friends were getting hydrated because I know the dangers of extreme heat. It took six days to get our power back. Three of those days we didn't have a generator. I thought I was a little sluggish and assumed it was just because it was hot. We'll yesterday I almost passed out and i knew something wasn't right. I went in to the er with extreme heat exhaustion. They gave me iv liquids and told me I'm on bed rest for three days. To hydrate at home and stay out of the heat 🤦‍♀️ I feel a little better today but I'm still very sluggish. No matter how much I prepared the heat still got me. Texas heat is nothing to mess with. I hope the 500 k without power still, gets it soon. It's too hot and dangerous to not have power.

Thank you for all the encouragement and prayers!! I'm so thankful beyond words that my power is back on.

I’m so glad you’re okay!!!! I’ve had heat exhaustion before and it’s scary!!!! Take good care of yourself! You’ve been through so much your body can’t get re adjusted! {{{HUGS}}}

rkokes

Cherry Blossom

Florac74 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:48 am
rkokes wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:33 pm
So sorry Flora!  I am glad your power came back on, and I am praying you feel better very quickly!

I feel much better today. Two days of good sleep in a cool house did wonders. Thank you ❤️ 
I am so glad you are doing better!!!

Image  Image  Image  Image Image

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

So glad you got your power back on.  It's  amazing that you didn't  suffer with anything else.  Yes, hydration and relaxation is definitely  needed.  It's 101 here today.  We spend most of our summer indoors also.
:) Kelly 

SandyK1967

Cherry Bing

Oh my gosh, so sorry Flora! Take care, I can't even imagine the heat and what people are going through!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Kelly_R wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:35 pm
So glad you got your power back on.  It's  amazing that you didn't  suffer with anything else.  Yes, hydration and relaxation is definitely  needed.  It's 101 here today.  We spend most of our summer indoors also.

I keep a close eye on myself because of other health issues. So I know quickly when something is not right. I caught it before it got really bad. Plus I hydrate like crazy even without the heat. Yes I understand staying indoors in the summer time. We Texans go from ac to ac lol shopping to car to home.
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

SandyK1967 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:56 pm
Oh my gosh, so sorry Flora! Take care, I can't even imagine the heat and what people are going through!

It's pretty bad and was an epidemic according to the hospital staff. They had a special section just fir heat exhaustion. I'm so glad to have power. I'm staying until I feel 100%

ImageImageImageImage

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Florac74 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:58 pm
Kelly_R wrote:

I keep a close eye on myself because of other health issues. So I know quickly when something is not right. I caught it before it got really bad. Plus I hydrate like crazy even without the heat. Yes I understand staying indoors in the summer time. We Texans go from ac to ac lol shopping to car to home. 
Now that I said that, DH and I went to a local park and did a photo shoot for our Anniversary.   We went late, but it was still so hot.  It took us about an hour.  At least I got some nice pictures for the album I'm making.  

:) Kelly 

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Kelly_R wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:28 pm
Florac74 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:58 pm
Kelly_R wrote:

Now that I said that, DH and I went to a local park and did a photo shoot for our Anniversary.   We went late, but it was still so hot.  It took us about an hour.  At least I got some nice pictures for the album I'm making.  

You are brave. I'm glad you got some great photos. I usually wait until after the holidays fir photos outdoors. Our official fall/winter temperatures start in January. Every now and then we get lucky with a cool October.

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee