Our website, what do you think?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Re: Our website, what do you think?

Post by debamas »

Art_Teacher wrote:
I love the drop downs too but is there any reason they are not alphabetical? It's taking me longer to locate what I want.
Weird, because they are all alphabetical, except for the colors, which doesn't bother me, since they are color coded.
I just checked mine again to see if they've changed, but no. Mine are still mixed up. They used to be in order though before the changes. It is weird.
Debbie

JeanneT
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 37

Post by JeanneT »

I love A Cherry on Top, but don't get to use it as often as I would like. But what I would really like to see is a search in the gallery for specific topics. I am a Scouting and Marching Band mom, I like being able to search those topics and get inspiration for my own pages. I would love to see this added back to the Gallery, but overall you guys ROCK!!!!!!
JeanneT
Cubmaster and Proud Mother to a Tuba Playing son who is also an Eagle Scout."O God, help me to win, but in thy wisdom if thou willest me not to win, then O God, make me a good loser"
- Sir Robert Baden-Powell, Founder of the Boy Scouts
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Post by joannie »

Art_Teacher wrote:
I love the drop downs too but is there any reason they are not alphabetical? It's taking me longer to locate what I want.
Weird, because they are all alphabetical, except for the colors, which doesn't bother me, since they are color coded.
Mine is not alphabetized either.
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
lesmitch
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 185

Post by lesmitch »

the only issue i have with the new website is that you cannot move your mouse at all if trying to look at something without the whole list popping
up and blocking.
 ImageImageImageImageImage

ScrapEgypt
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 129

Post by ScrapEgypt »

JeanneT wrote:I love A Cherry on Top, but don't get to use it as often as I would like. But what I would really like to see is a search in the gallery for specific topics. I am a Scouting and Marching Band mom, I like being able to search those topics and get inspiration for my own pages. I would love to see this added back to the Gallery, but overall you guys ROCK!!!!!!

As a big time Band Mom (and now Drum Corps Mom) ...I like your idea, but I think a lot depends on whether or not the person posting a layout remembers to select subject topics.

I think - for that sort of specific topic - it might be best to post a thread in the MB asking for suggestions. I haven't posted all my band/drum corps layouts, but I do have several in my gallery if you want to check them out. And I know there are some other band/drum corps moms on ACOT - so I hope they chime in!!!
Cielle

ImageImage Image
debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas »

ScrapEgypt wrote:
JeanneT wrote:I love A Cherry on Top, but don't get to use it as often as I would like. But what I would really like to see is a search in the gallery for specific topics. I am a Scouting and Marching Band mom, I like being able to search those topics and get inspiration for my own pages. I would love to see this added back to the Gallery, but overall you guys ROCK!!!!!!

As a big time Band Mom (and now Drum Corps Mom) ...I like your idea, but I think a lot depends on whether or not the person posting a layout remembers to select subject topics.

I think - for that sort of specific topic - it might be best to post a thread in the MB asking for suggestions. I haven't posted all my band/drum corps layouts, but I do have several in my gallery if you want to check them out. And I know there are some other band/drum corps moms on ACOT - so I hope they chime in!!!
There is an Event listing in the drop down search. Sports is there, pehaps Music could be added. Also there is a school listing too. I guess it depends also on how detail we want the search to be. Children/activities? for scouts and other extracuricular? Just throwing out some thoughts.
Debbie

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1053

Post by pawprints »

ScrapEgypt wrote:Overall, I have been very happy with the ACOT website and have dealt with the changes as well as I deal with any other life changes (reluctant acceptance!). And I do believe that it is one of the more user-friends sites around.

My ONE gripe.......on occasion (usually a bored Saturday night), I go back and look at the layouts I have posted and on multiple occasions I have noticed a "new" comment. In other words - most of the comments come at or around the time of posting. But enough times to make me notice - there are comments posted weeks or months after the layout submission.

SO - I would REALLY like some sort of notification when there is a new comment on one of my layouts. Not sure how to do this - but maybe something similar to the "View your posts" in the message board.

Just a thought................... :winkb:

I think this is a fabulous idea! I have always thought the same thing, that it would be great to know when something in your gallery has gotten a new comment. Like a little icon next to the layout on your main "All Submissions" page, sort of like the icon on the recent topics in the message board that tells us more posts have been made since the last time we read it.

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

lesmitch wrote:the only issue i have with the new website is that you cannot move your mouse at all if trying to look at something without the whole list popping
up and blocking.

Yes, I've just noticed that recently too. Especially since to get to the message board or the gallery my mouse crosses over right on top of themes and/or categories and the whole giant list pops down on top of everything. Colors too. I think it is a great feature but just the positioning of it being in a high traffic mousing area causes it to pop down constantly.

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

This is by far the best and most easy to navigate scrappy store! It absolutely ROCKS! I have a few other sites that I shop at when I am looking for something ACOT doesn't carry, and no one has a store easier to navigate. Some of them are downright frustrating. And as an extra bonus we get rewarded for buying here and posting on the mb by way of points! You do a great job Brandon and I love the new logo and new look of the site!

Image Image Image

gine
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 157

Post by gine »

ScrapEgypt wrote:

Have about 1000 pictures from last season.....non scrapped yet
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!
gine
Cherry Garcia

Post by gine »

pawprints wrote:
lesmitch wrote:the only issue i have with the new website is that you cannot move your mouse at all if trying to look at something without the whole list popping
up and blocking.

Yes, I've just noticed that recently too. Especially since to get to the message board or the gallery my mouse crosses over right on top of themes and/or categories and the whole giant list pops down on top of everything. Colors too. I think it is a great feature but just the positioning of it being in a high traffic mousing area causes it to pop down constantly.

My only complaint too
Gine !!!

Image Image

gine
Cherry Garcia

Post by gine »

debamas wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:
I just checked mine again to see if they've changed, but no. Mine are still mixed up. They used to be in order though before the changes. It is weird.

funny mine are alphabetical
Gine !!!

Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2340

Post by Art_Teacher »

For those of you whose dropdowns aren't alphabetical, have you deleted your cookies recently and signed out and signed back in? Just a thought...
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
debamas
Wild Cherry

Post by debamas »

Art_Teacher wrote:For those of you whose dropdowns aren't alphabetical, have you deleted your cookies recently and signed out and signed back in? Just a thought...
Well, thought I'd give it a try but it's still the same. Got to agree with others though that ACOT"S website is pretty awesome and usually easy to navigate.
Debbie

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2340

Post by Art_Teacher »

Okay, now this is very weird...on my desktop they are alphabetical and here, on my laptop, they are jumbled. I am running Windows 7 and using IE9 on both computers. That is just plain strange!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

I don't know if it's just my pc but I barely hover over the drop down topics and the menus come up and it's a little irritating if that's not what I wanted to do. I, myself, would like it better if I had to click on a menu item and then the drop down came up.

Like actually click on brand before all the choices come up.

jmo
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

Can you put all the digi kits in the store area instead of having them on the message board?
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

SWAY2865 wrote:I don't know if it's just my pc but I barely hover over the drop down topics and the menus come up and it's a little irritating if that's not what I wanted to do. I, myself, would like it better if I had to click on a menu item and then the drop down came up.

Like actually click on brand before all the choices come up.

jmo

I actually like that idea A LOT! I have them coming up and blocking everything constantly, again because they are right below the links to the message board and the gallery.

Image Image Image

ScrapEgypt
Cherry Bomb

Post by ScrapEgypt »

gine wrote:

Well, yeah......have the same problem!!!!
Cielle

ImageImage Image
ScrapEgypt
Cherry Bomb

Post by ScrapEgypt »

gine wrote:

Well, yeah......have the same problem!!!!
Cielle

ImageImage Image

Return to “General Talk”