health care

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 325

Re: health care

Post by Flasher »

writerlady wrote:Well - I'm certainly in the minority here, but I think it's a step in the right direction. They are closing the Medicare "donut", when my 70 year old mother can't afford her medications and her food, so she gets by without eating much so she doesn't die. People on Medicare are going to get a $250 rebate for the gap within the first few months. I think it's not perfect, but what is? 35 million more people will have insurance? My DH has a heart condition, and tricare is the only insurance we could get. Lucky for us he is retired military. I hope you all don't get po'd at me for stating my opinion here.

I'm certainly not upset that you voiced your opinion. But, there is a rub to everything. I've tried to read the bill on line. It's long and full of so much unnecessary language and other projects that have no place. Sure, the Medicare recipients are going to get a rebate. But, they are also going to cut Medicare funding by millions and millions of dollars over the next several years in order to fund the influx of new "covered" Americans. Medicare is in the red NOW.

Also, things like eliminating pre-existing condition restrictions, covering children past the age of 21 and no caps on lifetime benefits could have been accomplished without this thousand page, deficit exploding piece of "legislation".

I don't think you'll find anyone who would ever dispute that we can do more to help those than can't afford health care. But, this is not the way to do it. Look how "well" the government manages Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Fannie Mae, Freddy Mac, Unemployment, Section 8, etc. The list goes on and on and on. I don't hold out any hope whatsoever that they can handle this. We are and always have been a paycheck to paycheck family and I have always been worried about our financial state. I'm more scared now than ever before.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

kcatt79
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by kcatt79 »

what gets me is, if I have heard it right, we will start paying for this now, but nothing goes into affect for 3 years. Dont know about you, but I dont buy a car three years before I get to drive it home. Its socialized medicine people, and I dont know a country that has it now, that is happy with it as a unified whole. We will regret this!

wife of one, mother of FOUR! :)

http://socksscrapsandotherthings.blogspot.com/
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 325

Post by Flasher »

Very little goes into effect now. Parts of it are implemented in 2014 and still even more parts aren't implemented until 2018!!! But, you're correct, we're paying for it now. And so are our children and grandchildren. :(
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

megamay
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 983

Post by megamay »

writerlady wrote:Well - I'm certainly in the minority here, but I think it's a step in the right direction. They are closing the Medicare "donut", when my 70 year old mother can't afford her medications and her food, so she gets by without eating much so she doesn't die. People on Medicare are going to get a $250 rebate for the gap within the first few months. I think it's not perfect, but what is? 35 million more people will have insurance? My DH has a heart condition, and tricare is the only insurance we could get. Lucky for us he is retired military. I hope you all don't get po'd at me for stating my opinion here.

Im with you - it's not perfect but it's a step in the right direction.

oh and I can't WAIT to see the daily show tonight, I bet it will be a good one!
scrapaholic
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 5

Post by scrapaholic »

Personally scares me to death. Someone is going to have to pay for it guess who?. Also I swasn't impressed with their bailouts and running Obama Motors, can't imagine what will happen to health care.
Have a coke and a smile!Image
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

megamay wrote:

Im with you - it's not perfect but it's a step in the right direction.

oh and I can't WAIT to see the daily show tonight, I bet it will be a good one!

I am in agreement with both of you.
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Post by MLee »

Well - I'm certainly in the minority here, but I think it's a step in the right direction.

I haven't been for it all along but I'm happier with the final version. I think this country needs something other than nothing and I'm glad this passed. If, in fact, we are the greatest country as the US claims, then it's time we that we did something to take care of those who need it most.

Are there problems with the bill? Yes. But I fear a lot more of the bills that have been passed over the last decade more than I fear this one. Besides, the US is already bankrupt, you can't bankrupt it more than once. If we really wanted to pay for this we could send in a few less drones a day in the mideast and pay for the entire package.

kcatt79
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by kcatt79 »

MLee wrote:
Well - I'm certainly in the minority here, but I think it's a step in the right direction.

I haven't been for it all along but I'm happier with the final version. I think this country needs something other than nothing and I'm glad this passed. If, in fact, we are the greatest country as the US claims, then it's time we that we did something to take care of those who need it most.

Are there problems with the bill? Yes. But I fear a lot more of the bills that have been passed over the last decade more than I fear this one. Besides, the US is already bankrupt, you can't bankrupt it more than once. If we really wanted to pay for this we could send in a few less drones a day in the mideast and pay for the entire package.

I hope you arent reffering to our troops as drones! And quite frankly, its not bankrupting the country that is the issue, its making us pay for socialized medicine, making small businesses pay for health care for their employees, and forcing tax payers to fundthe murder of unborn children.

wife of one, mother of FOUR! :)

http://socksscrapsandotherthings.blogspot.com/
RitaS
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 299

Post by RitaS »

I saw that dark news... so worried I won't be able to keep the doctors I have, and most importantly for me - will I still be able to see my chiropractor with a $15 co-pay. He has kept me out of needing additional back surgeries twice at minimum.

My aging parents, diabetic mother, are quite fearful of what this means for them - are they going to be considered "too old" if they need an expensive procedure, where it just won't be worth the "government's money" to have the procedure done? This is what she perceives will happen.

That bill was scary for many people...now we shall see how it plays out, and pray hard.
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

This is a judgement free zone. I for one love to read everyone's opinion and would never get po'd at you or anyone else. It's a passionate topic, isn't it?

Lynda
LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

kcatt79 wrote:
MLee wrote:

I hope you arent reffering to our troops as drones! And quite frankly, its not bankrupting the country that is the issue, its making us pay for socialized medicine, making small businesses pay for health care for their employees, and forcing tax payers to fundthe murder of unborn children.
I think "drones" meant the remote controlled planes that fly over a war zone, not the troops.

Lynda
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
Queenie451
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 73

Post by Queenie451 »

I fear for my children's futures. We are robbing the future generations. Socialized medicine does NOT work ... look at Canada. November elections are going to be very interesting!
ImageImageImage
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I'm actually glad to hear of some of the good things that *might* happen because of it, as I'm mostly just familiar w/the problems. I'm sorry about your mom - I can relate as my grandmother has tons of meds and was very, very close to running out of $ altogether before Medicare started paying for them all (a year or more ago?).
Image Image
megamay
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 983

Post by megamay »

AmyTeets wrote:Some states will be fighting it...http://atlanticsentinel.com/2010/03/sta ... care-bill/

ugh I know! this really bugs me because I live in Pennsylvania (which isnt mentioned in this article but is supposedly joining in) and they make it sound like it is the state's duty to fight this and stand up for it's citizens, but Im a citizen of this state and I dont want you to fight it. And besides - didnt we already elect our representatives who went to the congress and cast their votes on this thing?

Return to “General Talk”