(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Lights, darks, towels or others
25%
Towels first! All others follow randomly.
4%
Darks first, followed by whatever!
23%
Who cares?! I don't do the laundry anyway!
6%
Option not given. Please elaborate!
42%

Total votes: 48

jmo95
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 964

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by jmo95 »

I am a freak when it comes to laundry.  I usually only do laundry on sundays as it takes me all day.  I seperate my clothes by colors....all black clothes in one, browns, jeans, pinks & reds, whites, blues, eli's clothes get washed seperately, towels, etc.  I was the black and brown clothes as the first two loads....they are dark and I don't want fuzzies or what ever from other loads sticking to them.  Towels always get washed last.  I have a certain order I wash the colors in also.  I find by doing it this way the colors don't fade as much as when washing them all together.  Not sure how I started doing laundry this way as my mom doesn't...but it works for me.
ctaylor0312
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 52

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by ctaylor0312 »

For some reason I always start with brights - usually mine and my DD. Thenn I move on too Jeans, DH claims he only has 3 pairs.  But I know better, then dark colors.  Then it's whites, white clothes get done first then there's a pile of whtie towels.  Then dark towels and lastly lighter colored towels like the cream ones with burgendy stripes in 'em.  But that's only if I do it all in one day.  Which is rare, but occasionaly I'll get bit by the cleaning bug.
Wendy-Gale
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 183

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by Wendy-Gale »

I wash a load everyday
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by ScrapGoo »

Only DH and I so I do it every few days, when we need it. I wash brights apart from darks apart from whites.  I do seperate loads for linens, mats/kitchen rugs and DH's dress shirts.I might be the only person on the planet who loves doing laundry, especially the folding.  I have a sick love of turning dirty piles into neat, fresh ones. 
TinaH
Sweet Cherry Pie

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by TinaH »

I was a load of whatever needs to be done, when it needs to be done. No special days or orders.
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by 4peasinourpod »

lol, Trish...there are 6 of us.  Dh travels, so often one day is 2 loads of just HIS stuff.  Towels every day, and a white and dark load.  Then Thursdays are sheets, so the clothes that day get moved to the weekends load.....it adds up.  Summers I only do 2 loads a day...they are wearing fewer clothes :)
davsar
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 631

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by davsar »

Since my son is still not potty trained through the night I end up usually trying to create a load every few days.
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by koala1966 »

Trying again...I have a system - darks delicate (mostly my stuff), darks regular (mostly DH's uniforms), whites regular (socks and white tshirts), lights delicate, towels.  And in between drying all these loads, I have to throw in a few loads of Dryel for my work clothes.  I usually do laundry once a week unless DH complains that I forgot to wash something.
PopPop
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 4

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by PopPop »

My system is this 1 load of clothes then a load of towels almost every day!!  It takes DD and Sil 3 towels each to take a shower!
Jeanne

PopPopto her 2 DGS who both are autistic. The oldest one named me PopPop when he was 2 and it just stuck!
CatwoMN
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 9

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by CatwoMN »

I usually do laundry on weekends. My dryer is on the blink so I do work clothes first so they'll be dry by Monday morning. First black pants and trouser socks, then dark tops, then light tops - all very small loads. Then I do other stuff and I start with the largest load first regardless of the color. Towels are always last because (1) they take the longest to air dry, (2) I have lots of towels and (3) I don't care if they stay on the drying rack until the following weekend - they'll be hard and scratchy no matter what without a dryer.... I do usually do bedding/blankets during the week since it's so big and takes a lot of space to dry. If I need to wash "cat stuff" (the blankets they lay on) then I do those after all the people stuff. Then I do throw rugs (I have them everywhere since I'm in a rental and don't want to get the carpet too dirty) after that since I don't care if cat hair gets on those.I should see if there are any MLK day dryer sales. Is that wishful thinking?? Don't they have sales for every holiday??
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by MamaK321 »

I wash what needs washing. Most of the time I'll separate the darks, lights and towels but I never thought of having a particular order for washing.
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by MOM2SNOX »

I never thought of having a particular order for washing.Some of us are weird like that Kristianne...
Kymbo
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 7

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by Kymbo »

I wash at least 2 loads every day.   So for me it is whatever needs it the most.   For the most part it is darks and jeans.    I couldn't survive not doing laundry everyday, I'm very weird about the smell of clothes that are in the hamper.
Kymberlee~
FurBaby_Mom
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 444

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by FurBaby_Mom »

I do two loads a day regardless of how big the loads are.  That way it's not so overwhelming.
these_days
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 23

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by these_days »

do laundry every other day...sort by darks in cold, towels in hot, jeans/shirts in warm/cold
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by Flapdoodle »

Since we're on such tight water restrictions, I've resorted to doing it only once a week.Whites in hot water......and darks & colors in cold water.I've never seen such bad drought conditions before.
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1505

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by Charleneanne »

well my DH does the laundry every since he retired 3 1/2 years before me.  and when I retired too, he kept laundry as his chore since he feels he does it better than I do.  (like yeah - thathappens)But when I did the laundry,  always the only hot water load first which is the whites if there are any.  then the warm water load which is towels, sheets, etc.  Then the permanent press load that needs to be removed from the dryer as soon as done for hanging, then the colored tees which also should be removed from the dryer immediately when done for folding, the misc. sock and skivvy that are not whites, and finally heavy items like jeans and sweatshirts cause they take so long to finish in the dryer and not worried about remembering to take them out as soon as done.    hmmm as I read this, I realize I was a slave to my laundry - I'm glad DH does it now.
scrappinchic
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 149

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by scrappinchic »

Becuase of our busy schedule all week long, I do a load a day.  With each day assigned a particular load.Laura
pinkflamingo
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 23

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by pinkflamingo »

I try blinking my eyes and hope that it will be done when I open them.....................hasn't worked so far! Not really sure what my method is......................sort of put it in and hope for the best.
mamma2allboyz
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 303

(Spin-off) Laundry Poll!

Post by mamma2allboyz »

ha I keep my seperated  and seperated when I wash them but to say I have an order buwahhhhhhhh!!  I wash what we need when we need it,  I have so much laundry with 4 boys its insane.    I usually will alternate between whites and colors, and I dont seperate towels I mix them in with jeans usually.  I have no real method to my madness just hope and pray it will go away thats about it lol!Hugs 
Jennifer Mom of Four Boys

Return to “General Talk”