Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

Re: Happy Tuesday Cherries!

Post by Flasher »

suewho372 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:55 pm
Well well well PALLY!!! Congratulations to you!!! You are truly amazing as we cherries know- and of course others know too !!! I’m so happy that it has worked out and you can work from home! That’s absolutely fantastic!!!!
Ugh… on the heat- it’s back with a vengeance over here too ! Upside you will be making some extra $$$ to pay for the ac ! Ha!
I'm only as amazing as the company I keep . . . CHERRIES!  Thanks for the congrats!  You're right, I'll sure the money for the freakin' AC!

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

Post by Flasher »

VickiR wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:25 pm
Wonderful, Laura!  So happy that you are able to work from home.  Hope you can find a place to set up a little (pink) office area.  It's nice to know that your law office recognizes that you were and are a valuable employee.  We sure know your one special DC here on the boards.

Thanks for those very sweet words, Pally!  You guys have been making me blush all day!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2390

Post by Art_Teacher »

Pally, that is terrific!  Just shows they know what a good worker you are. ;)  I agree with staying inside!  lol  We had another early dismissal for the heat, and we are cancelled tomorrow, because of the ongoing heat advisory!  I was surprised, but since the buildings will not cool off overnight (with temps staying in the 70's), I think they didn't want to chance it. (Plus, inside recess would be just as bad as outside, without a/c).  I know some bigger districts just called off for their buildings with no a/c, and our high school is mostly a/c (except for the gym and some of the outer rooms), but if our elementary doesn't go, we don't get to count the hours as attended, because they are over half of our district.  ;)  Either way, I'm a happy camper!
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 504

Post by GinniG »

Laura!!!  I am SOOOOOO very happy for you!!!  It's awesome that you get to work from home now!!!  You are DEFINITELY a HUGE asset wherever you are!  We absolutely love you here and it's good to hear that you are valued as much elsewhere.  :)  Just think...  No getting up at the crack of dawn just to get ready to leave the house and go to work!  You'll walk from your kitchen to your desk/office with coffee in your hand and have a great day working at home.  :)  I think more places ought to allow that personally.  :)  Enjoy and stay cool!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1063

Post by pawprints »

That is so awesome and I am so happy for you! They obviously greatly value you that they are willing to accomodate you to work from home! Congratulations!!!

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “General Talk”