We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Texas cherry check in ❤️
What about Carrie G. Doesn’t she live in Texas??? !
Susan

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

suewho372 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:16 pm

Yes she does, but she's closer to Oklahoma than anything. She's up in the panhandle.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Breauxlabs wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:47 pm
It’s way too early in the season to be worrying about this! Its going to be a long summer  :greensleeping: Good thoughts that everyone stays safe! 

You got that right Kim! Apparently the first 3 named storms (Alberto, Beryl, and Chris) all wanted to say HOLA to Texas :?
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

We are finally at the end of it. We still have some wind but we are safe and dry! I'm thankful it's almost over. This girl is not a fan of high winds. To many trees and branches crashing. All of the fences are down in the neighborhood. We are going to be very much in each other lives until they are repaired lol still no power but that was expected.
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Flora, so happy to hear that you are okay. Glad that the winds are dying down for you. I am not a fan of high winds either. Hope your power is restored soon!

We are so far west (west of San Antonio) that we haven't gotten anything.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Florac74 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:24 pm
We are finally at the end of it. We still have some wind but we are safe and dry! I'm thankful it's almost over. This girl is not a fan of high winds. To many trees and branches crashing. All of the fences are down in the neighborhood. We are going to be very much in each other lives until they are repaired lol still no power but that was expected.

So glad you are safe Flora and that it is over! I hope it is not too long before your power is restored. Thank you for checking in and letting us know you are ok we were all worried about you. 

ImageImage Image Image  

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:51 pm
suewho372 wrote:

Yes she does, but she's closer to Oklahoma than anything. She's up in the panhandle. 

I just spoke with Carrie, and she is fine. Like Brandy said, she's far away from the storms. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

suewho372 wrote:

ues , like Brandy said, i am way north of the weather
we didn't even get any of the weather that Kelly R. got in Lubbock....we are like a lil bubble today I guess..LOL

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:56 am
Flora, I've been thinking of you and your family since you're now on the "dirty" side of Beryl. Rain/Flooding from a Hurricane is no bueno. And the tornados that can pop up are no fun either. You be careful out there and check in when you can.

Corpus Christi is now no longer in the cone, and she's expected to make landfall a little after midnight near Matagorda Bay (about 130 miles NE of where I live). We will only see TS-force winds (30-50 mph, gusts around 60). Rain is no longer an issue for us - we *might* get an inch.

We did alot of prep Thursday afternoon and Friday because it looked like she was headed our way as a Cat 2. But then she made that N/NE turn and is going to be a mid-Cat 1. The only thing we will do now is bring trash cans into the garage, as well all of our potted plants before bed time, shut the garage door and go to sleep.

I was wondering and checked Corpus Christi before I went to bed. You promised it always misses you, I'm holding you to your promise to be there for three adorable little boys, three really cute fur ladies, and the King Jackson of them all!!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Florac74 wrote:

Glad to hear its mostly over with. Many hugs to you and your family and your furbabies. Praying your power is restored very soon!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

sherelm wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:44 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Flora, I've been thinking of you and your family since you're now on the "dirty" side of Beryl. Rain/Flooding from a Hurricane is no bueno. And the tornados that can pop up are no fun either. You be careful out there and check in when you can.

Corpus Christi is now no longer in the cone, and she's expected to make landfall a little after midnight near Matagorda Bay (about 130 miles NE of where I live). We will only see TS-force winds (30-50 mph, gusts around 60). Rain is no longer an issue for us - we *might* get an inch.

We did alot of prep Thursday afternoon and Friday because it looked like she was headed our way as a Cat 2. But then she made that N/NE turn and is going to be a mid-Cat 1. The only thing we will do now is bring trash cans into the garage, as well all of our potted plants before bed time, shut the garage door and go to sleep.

I was wondering and checked Corpus Christi before I went to bed. You promised it always misses you, I'm holding you to your promise to be there for three adorable little boys, three really cute fur ladies, and the King Jackson of them all!! 
Thank you Sher. Yes, all is good down here. We got less than a tenth of an inch of rain yesterday afternoon and had winds up to 20 mph (which is nothing).

P.S. I've got four adorable nephews! :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove: :greeninlove:

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:18 pm
suewho372 wrote:

ues , like Brandy said, i am way north of the weather
we didn't even get any of the weather that Kelly R. got in Lubbock....we are like a lil bubble today I guess..LOL

I couldn’t remember but glad you are ok too!
Susan

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Thank goodness everyone is safe and accounted for. Fences can be mended in time, but keeping safe is another issue. Hugs to everyone that had to deal with the weather.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Florac74 wrote:
So glad you are safe and that it is almost over.  Hope you get power soon. Thanks for letting us know. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Hoping you will all be safe and not have any lasting damage!! (((Hugs cherries!)))
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Still here and safe. Just a little hot phew is it toasty without power and air conditioning. We are about to head to the grocery store. They have a charging station and air conditioning for those without power. I love our Texan business owners. They are amazing in times of disaster. They are hopeful to get a million peeps power up by tomorrow night. I'm hoping to be one of them. It's been a challenge to get linemen in to Texas to help out. Because flights are grounded due to weather. They are all starting to trickle in today and help out. Thank goodness. There is so many downed trees and lines. The winds did as much damage as the floods. It was pretty bad. The grocery stores are running low in stock of essentials. Thankfully this girl is stocked up. I just need to desperately find ice or dry ice for my freezer foods.

I have Misty on my Instagram. She popped on today and is fine. She's down the ways from me. It took us all by surprise how much of the storm hit us. Everything south of me is flooded. My dh drove out to see if our generator was working in storage. But it's dead and of no use. So sad. I really was hoping it was working. It sat to long 😪 there is no way we will find one now. Everything is completely shopped out around us for miles.

We have water, food and roof over our heads. So I'm so thankful. Some don't even have that. My heart breaks seeing all the posts asking for food, water and shelter :(

It will take time to get the damage repaired. Just like in hurricane Harvey and Ike. This was a destructive little hurricane.

I'm so happy most of our Texas DC's weren't in the path and those in the path are accounted for and ok.

Thank you all for the outpour of support amd messages. I'm thankful. I have spotty internet service. But try to mostly upload status on Facebook.
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Florac74 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:57 pm
Still here and safe. Just a little hot phew is it toasty without power and air conditioning. We are about to head to the grocery store. They have a charging station and air conditioning for those without power. I love our Texan business owners. They are amazing in times of disaster. They are hopeful to get a million peeps power up by tomorrow night. I'm hoping to be one of them. It's been a challenge to get linemen in to Texas to help out. Because flights are grounded due to weather. They are all starting to trickle in today and help out. Thank goodness. There is so many downed trees and lines. The winds did as much damage as the floods. It was pretty bad. The grocery stores are running low in stock of essentials. Thankfully this girl is stocked up. I just need to desperately find ice or dry ice for my freezer foods.

I have Misty on my Instagram. She popped on today and is fine. She's down the ways from me. It took us all by surprise how much of the storm hit us. Everything south of me is flooded. My dh drove out to see if our generator was working in storage. But it's dead and of no use. So sad. I really was hoping it was working. It sat to long 😪 there is no way we will find one now. Everything is completely shopped out around us for miles.

We have water, food and roof over our heads. So I'm so thankful. Some don't even have that. My heart breaks seeing all the posts asking for food, water and shelter :(

It will take time to get the damage repaired. Just like in hurricane Harvey and Ike. This was a destructive little hurricane.

I'm so happy most of our Texas DC's weren't in the path and those in the path are accounted for and ok.

Thank you all for the outpour of support amd messages. I'm thankful. I have spotty internet service. But try to mostly upload status on Facebook.
Flora, so thankful to see you on here. Yah...no a/c is no bueno. Leaves you cranky and more stressed out. 😜

Linemen from South Texas left today and hopefully can get more of y'all back online. #TexasStrong

I am soooo sorry to hear about your generator. That would make me 😭 😭

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Mommyof5

Sweet Cherry Pie

aheatfan wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:10 pm
Been thinking of you all and praying you all stay safe and sound. I think Misty (Mommy of5) is in Texas also.

Yes ma'am, I am and I was right in the path. I am exactly 30 miles north of Houston and it was like the storm came straight at us. We are still without power, wifi, etc. We had a few trees fall, none on the house though, but my fence is obliterated.  My son took my truck tonight so that he could get to work because none of the stations have gas anymore, and the ones that do, well, the lines are MILES long to get to the pump. My husband put the gas for the chainsaw and mower into my daughter's car so that she could go to work.  I have to leave my home to be able to get any signal...right now we are eating in a Hooters just to get reprieve from the heat and to cool off.  It is crazy.  Other than inconvenience, however, We are all doing great.  Keeping a positive attitude and helping our neighbors around us.  The house behind me caught fire somehow, the one next to me caught a tree dead center, and we are blessed to still have everything in tact and no one hurt. Thank you so much!! 
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

Mommyof5

Sweet Cherry Pie

blbabe1234 wrote:

When it was supposed to go to Corpus, my first thought was of you!  I was so glad to hear it wasn't hitting there, but then it cam straight at us instead of just a "side swipe" like originally thought!  LOL.  Oh well...So glad you're ok! 
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Continued prayers

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee