Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Tacos
I do like fish tacos and shrimp tacos! I haven't made them at home yet though!
Susan

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Okay ladies. Now I want tacos too!!! Lolol!

We make fish tacos sometimes. I usually squeeze some lime juice and add chopped cilantro. And use a red onion. It’s soooo good that way!!!

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:57 am
Mommytron wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:01 am
Has anyone made fish tacos?  It might be a Hawaiian thing, I was introduced to them when I lived there.  There was a famous food truck that had them, but that was over 20 years ago…
I love fish tacos!  My favorite thing to order at The Cheesecake Factory (chain restaurant here).  I found a copycat recipe and they are delicious!  Do you like them with breaded fish or just broiled/pan-cooked? 

I can do either, but I am trying to cut down on bread for my a loosely followed anti-inflammatory diet.  I would love it if you could share your recipe!!  Also for pick de gallo, I know I can get it off the internet, but I like tried and true recipes.  Plus, it would mean more coming from you.  :) 

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Mommytron wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:29 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:57 am
Mommytron wrote:
Has anyone made fish tacos?  It might be a Hawaiian thing, I was introduced to them when I lived there.  There was a famous food truck that had them, but that was over 20 years ago…
I love fish tacos!  My favorite thing to order at The Cheesecake Factory (chain restaurant here).  I found a copycat recipe and they are delicious!  Do you like them with breaded fish or just broiled/pan-cooked?  
I can do either, but I am trying to cut down on bread for my a loosely followed anti-inflammatory diet.  I would love it if you could share your recipe!!  Also for pick de gallo, I know I can get it off the internet, but I like tried and true recipes.  Plus, it would mean more coming from you.  :) 

I will try to post it tomorrow. :). (Recipe book is upstairs and I am downstairs watching tv. ;). The pico de gallo is easy.  Chop up a Roma tomato (or other tomato, but the Romas are less juice, more tomato. ;).  Chop up a small onion ( I use the sweet, yellow ones.  Often only half an onion and I chop the other half to freeze…I use about 2–3 TBSP of chopped onion.). Cut a lime in half and squeeze half of the lime into the bowl with the tomato and onion. (I usually cut the other half of the lime into quarters and put it with the tacos to squeeze on top of the fish after it is cooked.)  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  If you like cilantro, chop some fresh cilantro and sprinkle in about 1 TBSP.  Or, I have found that the freeze-dried cilantro in the produce section works very well! Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes, stirring it a few times.

Laura
 Image    Image         Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Mommytron wrote:

Love me some fish tacos! Beer battered or grilled, usually a white fish. Our seafood restaurants usually have them. AMAZING
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

This south Texas cherry loves all tacos! 😍

If I make them, I usually use shredded chicken, ground beef or ground venison in crispy taco shells. If we use flour tortillas (soft tacos) it's fish tacos. Grilled or beer battered catfish or cod. Pico De Gallo, sour cream, shredded lettuce. Drizzle with a salsita Cremosa.

Our local Mexican restaurants have amazing crunchy tacos. Our seafood restaurants have amazing fish tacos. Can't get enough of them!

I probably have tacos once a week. 😋
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee