Broken - Update

Moderator: ACOT Employee

shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2866

Re: Broken

Post by shoorn »

Shannon - so sorry to hear about your broken ankle. Having had many broken bones myself I know how painful and aggravating they can be. Praying for a complete recovery and patience ( :greenwinkb: ). 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

Oh No.  Sending love, thoughts and prayers of healing. Please keep us posted. 
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
need2scrap
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 32

Post by need2scrap »

Oh no!  Sorry to hear.  Hoping you have a speedy recovery.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 151

Post by Ashjoy »

Oh no, how are you doing?

My daughter broke her leg playing basketball her senior year. The one game we didn’t take the 2 hour ride to be at. She road the bus back to the high school then we went to the ER. She was a trooper. I was a hot mess when they said she needed surgery. Parent of the year right here. Then a few days later she wanted to go back to school, I drove her and she went with prescription pain meds she took to the nurse like she was supposed to, right after getting home I got the call to come and get her ding told she shouldn’t be at school needing narcotics for pain. Again, mother of the year. The next day she went with just Tylenol and took pain stuff to sleep at night. I guess I did ok, she is 28 and still doing well.
Joyce 

Jenni328
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 6

Post by Jenni328 »

Sorry to dear this Shannon. I wish you a speedy recovery
Indy Scrapper
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 47

Re: Broken - Update

Post by Indy Scrapper »

1scrappymom wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:00 pm
So I broke my ankle at the gym this morning. Ambulance ride and all. It's an avulsion fracture which means the break is caused by the ligament pulling off part of the bone. So boot and crutches 6-8weeks. I will also find out eventually if there's ligament damage and if I'll need surgery. So it's been a day.

UPDATE:
So went to Ortho yesterday. Not only do I have a new fracture, apparently I had fractured this foot in the past and didn't know it. What the heck?  I also have 2 bone spurs on the heel I didn't know about and have been irritated from the fall. So still non weight bearing for the next 2 weeks and then we will decide if an MRI is needed. They are thinking it will be a full 12 week recovery now. So...  
On a good note, they upgraded our KISS concert tickets to 12th row center because I can't do stairs. I will also be using a scooter when we go to Disney in April. Crazy how it affects your whole life! My bathseat arrived yesterday so I can shower! Woohoo!  LOL
Oh boo on having to use a scooter at Disney.  I had to use one when we took my grandson.  People were so rude.  I tried to stay close to my family but people just walked in front of me and then would dead stop causing me to have to swerve then near hit someone.  Was not a happy experience.  I hope you do well.

Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

That is crazy to me that you broke it before and have bone spurs... At least you will now get everything resolved... Sorry, you will have to use a scooter to get around.
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

That's nuts that you've broken it before but didn't know it. Sorry about needing the scooter though. But yay for 12th row seats for KISS concert!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2464

Post by emmapaige »

What a bummer but great news about the KISS upgrade!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:46 pm
What a bummer but great news about the KISS upgrade!

I told DH we should look for more concerts since I get ADA seating. LOL  
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5437

Post by Deanna13 »

oh no! So sorry you're having to go through all of this and a scooter at Disney does not sound fun. :(

I've been dealing with a bump on my heel since last week, which probably happened at the gym too. But, I don't think it's broken because I can walk with just a slight limp. {LOL} I just hate to go to the Dr. grrrr.....
Image Image ImageImage
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

Sorry to hear about the bone spurs and 12 week recovery.
At least some good is coming from it. 12th row center for Kiss is awesome!! We went to see them a few years ago and I really wanted to go to their farewell concert. They're amazing!
Will you get any special consideration at Disney?
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”