We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

akgnere

Cherry Blossom

Re: Homecoming dress?
Number 2 is my vote. The others are ok, but I think number 2 looks fabulous on her.
Annie in Mio
Lover of all things Scrappy
!Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

scrappininAK wrote:I love the gold one on her too but 4. is cute too
THis is my vote exactly, too.

I don't like all the black on the young gals - because they will have PLENTY of time later to need the black. The other two - especially #2 - look pretty on her figure.

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

I do like them all, but would pick #5. It fits her bust line well, has straps, and looks age appropriate.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I'm sorry, the gold doesn't pop enough againsst her pretty hair and gorgeous skin tone! I love #4 -- its so fun but # 5 is another pretty dress too and stands out agains her georgeous self but the dress can hold its own too, so either 4 or 5 (4 is my 1st choice - the fringe hem just sings DANCE!)
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

I like 1 and 4. I do like the style of 2 on her, it is a little more conservative of a cut but the color is too similar to her skin tone and hair color. She will look lovely in anything she wears! I can't wait to see the day-of photos :)

I just have to ask, did you check with the school as far as requirements? My dd had her homecoming 2 weeks ago and I was surprised at the detail that they put into their requirements. Like the neckline couldn't be lower than the armpit. I had to sew in an extra clasp on dd's dress to cinch it up higher so that the v-neck didn't fall too low. They also had rules against how low the back could be and for guys, where the waist of the pants fell. Makes it extra tough on us parents who have to comply with school regulations yet the department stores don't carry anyhting that actually covers up a girls' goodies! :?
Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

MamaK321 wrote:I like 1 and 4. I do like the style of 2 on her, it is a little more conservative of a cut but the color is too similar to her skin tone and hair color. She will look lovely in anything she wears! I can't wait to see the day-of photos :)

I just have to ask, did you check with the school as far as requirements? My dd had her homecoming 2 weeks ago and I was surprised at the detail that they put into their requirements. Like the neckline couldn't be lower than the armpit. I had to sew in an extra clasp on dd's dress to cinch it up higher so that the v-neck didn't fall too low. They also had rules against how low the back could be and for guys, where the waist of the pants fell. Makes it extra tough on us parents who have to comply with school regulations yet the department stores don't carry anyhting that actually covers up a girls' goodies! :?
Their rules aren't too bad...and these dresses comply. DD is actually fairly conservative...these dresses are probably the raciest she has ever tried on. She nixed a few herself based on them being too short or too low cut. She's smart enough to realize she wants to have fun rather than fighting to keep her good covered. Gotta love my kid!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

kguercio

Cherry Bing

I like 1 and 5!
****Kelly****

carrie123

Cherry Cola

I like 5 the best and then 4

yabby

Cherry Tart

I like 4 but 2 is AMAZING on her!
created using Jeanelle Paige Paper Tear Alpha and Sweet Treats Mini kit

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

I like #5 and #1
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

1grandma wrote:the only one I really like is number 2, the gold one. It is beautiful on her! It goes with her coloring and shows off her figure to perfection while the others, in my opinion do her an injustice.

I agree!! The gold one is beautiful on her!!
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I like 4, 1 and 5
Susan

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

CherryTat wrote:
1grandma wrote:the only one I really like is number 2, the gold one. It is beautiful on her! It goes with her coloring and shows off her figure to perfection while the others, in my opinion do her an injustice.

I agree!! The gold one is beautiful on her!!

I too vote for number 2 for the same reasons.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

Ayla wrote: Their rules aren't too bad...and these dresses comply. DD is actually fairly conservative...these dresses are probably the raciest she has ever tried on. She nixed a few herself based on them being too short or too low cut. She's smart enough to realize she wants to have fun rather than fighting to keep her good covered. Gotta love my kid!

that's AWESOME!:D I wish more girls (and parents) would feel the same. My dd said she was one of only two girls at her dance even wearing a long dress.
Image Image

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Another vote for 5 and 2. She is beautiful in all of them.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Thank you everyone for your input. We will go get a dress tomorrow, and I'll let you know which one it is!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

My favorite is the gold. Love it, it looks great on her! A close second is the blue one.
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Will you update us with a pic of her in the dress you guys decide on? I am all excited to see her going to her homecoming dance all dolled up!!
Susan

Ayla

Cherry Addict

suewho372 wrote:Will you update us with a pic of her in the dress you guys decide on? I am all excited to see her going to her homecoming dance all dolled up!!
Of course I will! And my son is going too, so he will have on nice pants and a nice shirt, although he isn't really going to get all the way ancy.
 Image Image

jmo95

Cherry Cola

#5 is my fave!
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee