Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: Handmade cards as a gift?
cherrycupcake wrote:May I say one more thing? If you give handmade cards to any elderly person, it's really nice to put in a book of stamps as well, so they don't have to worry about that, too.
Great point!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

lastonehom wrote:I wanted to make a set of cards for all the yearly holidays, and give them as Christmas gifts to my sil's and dm and mil... Has anyone ever done this, and how many of each to you include? tia
Chris, I have done this with all the women in my family. I just make cards until I think it is enough and then generally made a box or basket to keep them in. I would make a half dozen birthday kind of generic so they could be for a man or women then make a few for children if the receiver has children to use then on.

This kind of gift is always a joy. I love watching the receiver look at the cards. Now I do have a couple of family members that would not appreciate such a gift so they don't get them. LOL
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

cherrycupcake wrote:May I say one more thing? If you give handmade cards to any elderly person, it's really nice to put in a book of stamps as well, so they don't have to worry about that, too.
That's a great idea, I didn't even think of that. Since our office moved to a new building, we no longer have a post office in our building, and having to buy stamps is a special trip to the store, or post office. Thanks for the idea!
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

Indy Scrapper wrote:
lastonehom wrote:I wanted to make a set of cards for all the yearly holidays, and give them as Christmas gifts to my sil's and dm and mil... Has anyone ever done this, and how many of each to you include? tia
Chris, I have done this with all the women in my family. I just make cards until I think it is enough and then generally made a box or basket to keep them in. I would make a half dozen birthday kind of generic so they could be for a man or women then make a few for children if the receiver has children to use then on.

This kind of gift is always a joy. I love watching the receiver look at the cards. Now I do have a couple of family members that would not appreciate such a gift so they don't get them. LOL
I wanted to do all of the women, but didn't know if I would have enough time, so I narrowed it down to the women on my side. That's 3. I am also making beaded ornaments (ongoing project for 2 Christmases), but not sure if I will get one per woman done again this year. :(

I'm definitely not a card making pro, mine are pretty simple. I will post some pics.
*** Christi ***

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I do this for several friends. I made them a binder with categories. I put about 3-5 cards for each category.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Chris, pro or not, these kind of gifts generally are charished by the recipient. As you make cards, you will find more and more ways to use your odds and ends scrappy supplies and scraps and will have some beautiful cards. Please show us some of your work.
Janie

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Retiree3 wrote:I do this for several friends. I made them a binder with categories. I put about 3-5 cards for each category.

Did someone here post their binder like that? Was it you? I bought all the stuff and have the directions, but never got the job done.
Janie

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I would do one for each holiday, and then 2-3 for birthdays, sympathy, etc. My sister got this from her mother in law one year and she loved it! There was alot of cards in the box though...New years, easter, etc... I think 20 was in there if not more. 12 is a comfortable number in my opinion.
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

I'm struggling with how many since I made some cute Halloween cards. My ds said 'who sends Halloween cards'!! He thought I was nuts. I will probably have 20 though.
*** Christi ***

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

lastonehom wrote:I'm struggling with how many since I made some cute Halloween cards. My ds said 'who sends Halloween cards'!! He thought I was nuts. I will probably have 20 though.
Yes, but this comes from a man who rarely sends cards - am I right? None of the guys in my family send cards unless you say "Tomorrow is your Aunt's birthday" etc.

debamas

Wild Cherry

You are right! Great idea
Debbie

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee