Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Jenni328

Cherry Picker

Re: The Hunger Games
Oh I am putting this on my list for a great Valentine's day present for my daughter! THANKS!

Kelly Pyron

Digital Designers

I read the books and LOVE them! I can't wait for the movie to come out!
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}

ArizonaOkie

Cherry Tart

I'm 69 years old, and have read them twice. The Hunger Games series are the Favorite books for my 18 year old Granddaughter. All of my friends and family have read the series and just love them. I have a Nook and was able to read the whole series in just a matter of days, because as soon as I finished the first one I downloaded the other two. Great books that you can't put down.

jusmedigital

Digital Designers

i finished the series and hate to say i was really disappointed with the final book. i think maybe i'll re-read the series in a couple months, hoping that i like Mockingjay better.

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

My son read them and now he can't wait until the movie comes out.
ImageDani

beachlover

Cherry Addict

gonecamping wrote:
1grandma wrote:What are they about? What kind of book is it?

Its geared for young adults but I am not all that young..lol

Its set in the future but you really don't get the whole futuristic feel to it. The world has had some sort of catastrophe and the US is split into 12 districts and the Capitol. The Capitol controls everything including the food. There was a revolution and the districts lost so as punishment once a year they must send 2 kids, 1 boy and 1 girl, age 12-18 to the Capitol and participate in the Hunger Games, which is a basically a survival game to the death. the last 1 standing gets rich and their district gets all these luxuries for a year. Seriously, from the first page, I was hooked. Now I need to see if the library has the 2nd book until I can order the set of hardbacks from amazon.
sounds interesting!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

JeanG

Cherry Cola

My niece told me about the books, so I downloaded the first one and finished it that night, then downloaded the other two and just couldn't stop reading! To me, the were as good as the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books!
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

SarahA wrote:Some of my favorite books EVER! They did give me bad dreams a night or two, though! And yes, they're making the first movie now. :)

Ditto this! I have read this series three time! I know, its lame but I LOVE them! My friends and I are "nerdy reading teacher" excited about the movie! lol I even own a Mockingjay Pin. :-D
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

I did not want to read them, post war America/world stories just do not interest me....nor does the thought of sending my child into something as described...

on that note, a teenage friend of mine told me to read them---wanting to set a good example (reading is SO IMPORTANT) I downloaded the first book onto my Kindle. Four days later I was done with the whole series!!

The author is absolutely AMAZING at setting the scene to where you actually feel like you can envision it in your mind but NOT going overboard to where you are sick of descriptions. Every character, even ones you only meet for a sentence or two you seem to obtain feelings or ideas about. VERY WELL written. They are not "happy" books per se'...it is about war and what it can do....but they were AMAZING and honestly (as you can from me reading all three in four days) hard to put down.

I am excited for the movies especially now when I look at the trailers and I know exactly who Cinna-Kat-Effie-Gabe-Petra-etc are!! :)
SUS ImageImageImage

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

yes, my teens have read them before & love 'em too!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

After I saw this post I checked it out on my BN account for my NOOK and I remembered that the 3 were on sale over the holiday and I already bought them!

So, as soon as I finish The Peach Keeper, they are next! I can't wait after reading everyone's positive comments.

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I never heard of them.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

sakura-panda

Cherry Blossom

suslvgeo wrote:I did not want to read them, post war America/world stories just do not interest me....nor does the thought of sending my child into something as described...

on that note, a teenage friend of mine told me to read them---wanting to set a good example (reading is SO IMPORTANT) I downloaded the first book onto my Kindle. Four days later I was done with the whole series!!

The author is absolutely AMAZING at setting the scene to where you actually feel like you can envision it in your mind but NOT going overboard to where you are sick of descriptions. Every character, even ones you only meet for a sentence or two you seem to obtain feelings or ideas about. VERY WELL written. They are not "happy" books per se'...it is about war and what it can do....but they were AMAZING and honestly (as you can from me reading all three in four days) hard to put down.

I am excited for the movies especially now when I look at the trailers and I know exactly who Cinna-Kat-Effie-Gabe-Petra-etc are!! :)

Thank you for the review -- this is exactly the same reason why *I* haven't read them yet, although I did read the Gregor the Overlander series from the same author. I did enjoy those books, although there was a lot of disturbing moments in them.

I've put this series on my Audible wishlist (and have purchased the second during a sale they had recently -- only that one was part of the sale!) since I thought it might be easier for me to listen to them rather than read them. After reading your review, I'm thinking I might just try reading them instead. Thanks!
~ Katie ~

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

I finished book two over the weekend and waiting for payday to buy book 3. I only buy hardbacks in the books that I keep. I can see myself reading this series again.
***Tanya***

jmitchell05

Cherry Picker

I had not heard of it until I read this thread. The reviews and comments here have me intrigued. Considering the dark subject I will wait for the movie.
Jessi

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

My gd is in my bed reading it right now. Maybe I'll ask to borrow her copy!!
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

WendyBirdDesigns

Cherry Blossom

I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Hunger Games!! I've read the series 3 times through.

The movie previews look like they've done a good job and I am so very excited!! Less than 2 months - March 23rd!!

https://www.facebook.com/thehungergamesmovie
ImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee