We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

aceason

Cherry Bing

Re: Any consignment store shoppers here?
I love thrift stores and now my 9 yo DD loves them too! We call it treasure hunting.
We also have an event called Just Between Friends in our area twice a year. You can sell your stuff and buy stuff. You drop your stuff off tagged and hung and they handle the selling and send you a check. They check everything for stains and rips and will only put stuff out that's in good condition so it saves you the time looking when you're shopping. It's awesome!

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

My daughter belongs to a Multiples group that does a swap like that...bring something /take something. She has a bunch of little boy clothes now that she knows this one is going to be a girl
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

handerful

Cherry Cropper

JulesinParadise wrote:Our downtown is filled with antique and consignments shops and, since we ride our bikes to town often, I haunt these places too. The coolest thing I found lately at a furniture consignment shop outside of St. Louis were 3 of these little rod iron flower carts...they are about ten inches tall by about 11 inches wide and the wheels actually turn. Filled with ideas on what to do with the one I managed to get into my suitcase and bring home.

HEY! When were you in St. Louis?? Hmmm????
Image Image
RACHEL

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

A dear friend of our passed away the first part of June. I stayed with friends who live in Lake Sherwood so was not actually in St. Louis. The closest we got was Washington where I found this.

Hopefully I'll have a better reason and more time for our next visit home and more advanced notice. The last two times I've returned have been for funerals.

ammielou

Sweet Cherry Pie

Not really a consignment shopper, but Goodwill is my go to store. And they have special tag colors each week and the color of the week is half off. I usually find good things, this week I got a cloth scrapbook for $1.99. Not name brand, but sometimes I luck up. And DD always finds clothes and shoes. And when she was a baby that's where all her things came from. And since they have name brand, that's usually where I did back to school shopping for her and DS. Since they wanted Hilfiger, Aeropostle, Old Navy, etc. Especially when it's $3.99 for a shirt then half off that. You can't beat it.
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

We have a new Goodwill here that is one that carries both overstock and gently used items. Have not been yet but people I know who have love it.

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

I've started going with a friend who has lived in this area for 40 years.

I've found that the clothes tend to be about the same price I can get things for the girls on clearance and with my 30% off coupon at Kohls.
However, I did find a glass cover for one of my corning ware dishes for $1.

My BIG find was a double OAK bookcase, six feet tall for $49.95! Perfect condition except for a little scratch along one side (hidden by the wall ) I priced one at $485 at the furniture store.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee