We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Re: How do you boil eggs?
Cover eggs w/ cold water ... bring to a boil.... turn down to medium and time for 13 min. Rinse with cold water just until you can handle them and then crack open to get warm, hard boiled eggs, perfect for WARM egg salad. We don't like cold, hard boiled eggs.

Lynda

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

-Shannon- wrote:
4peasinourpod wrote:omg..so funny...i am doing it right now!
Julia child says put in pot....bring to boil, turn off. 15 minutes later strain and run under cold water ;)

my first batch turned out great ;)

That's how I've always done.

now I want some. dang.
this is also what I do, My mom always said the cold water at the end was just as important as the rest.. I have messed up a few times (well they didn't look as pretty) so I just do it this way and they are pretty inside

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Well, I pull out my "Joy of Cooking" and pick one of the 2 methods there (one starts w/the eggs in lukewarm water, & maybe has you turn off the heat once they get to boiling; I think the other waits to put them in when it boils & boils them for a while), then get to the peeling stage & realize they aren't done enough! :-( Maybe next time I can find this thread & use your methods instead!
Image Image

LKappy

Cherry Garcia

I will have to try what you all do...I bring mine to a boil, then let them boil until one cracks so that I know they are done. :P
Then I fill the pot with cold water.
~*Lisa*~

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee