Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Keling

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Got a job offer yesterday...
Thanks so much, everyone, for your support and prayers. I did feel a little like DH was pushing me to take the job, no matter how I felt, so I talked to my dad last night - he worked with me at the paper years ago, so knows exactly what I can do.

There's a 6-month probation, and I did ask, so I know it's a time for mutual consideration - if I don't like it, I can leave anytime.

So, I've accepted the job. I've got several friends and family members that have offered to help out, and DH, who actually coordinates his own hours, because, well, he's the nurse manager where he is, is going to give himself a more consistent schedule, so that he can have a half-day on one of the days I'll be working.

School holidays will be a challenge, but with my BIL and his wife being school teachers, they're already off with their 4 kids (youngest are the same ages as mine), and my SIL runs a salon, so schedules her own hours as well - and they've both said we'd work holidays out.

So, I'll give it a try. If I hate it, or I feel that I can't be 100% sales rep AND 100% mom at the same time, I'll step down and try and find something else.

It really is a blessing. I've been looking for a job since we moved to the UK in August 2008, and there has been NOTHING. We get along on DH's salary, but there isn't anything left over to save at the end of the month. Me working, even if it is only a few hundred £s a month, means we can put every penny I make into savings - something we've not been able to do for a while.

Thank you again. Yes, I've been praying and mulling it over in my mind and seeking Godly advice from friends, and THANK YOU again!
Sara

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Got a job offer yesterday...
Good Luck and sounds like you have a great support group in place for you!
Laurie

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee