We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Disgusting..........
lilkoala3 wrote:
cat1393 wrote:I heard this on the News. I think the Model is fighting about it.
Ok, y'all are gonna get mad at me for this... But I don't see how she has any standing to fight this if there was a clause in her contract to be able to wear RL sample clothes. No, a size 4 IS NOT big, but it is for a model. If she could no longer perform her job the way she was supposed to, I understand why they canned her. She signed the contract.

I am IN NO WAY saying that it's right that we glorify people that are so thin. Sure, it would be great for RL to step forward and attempt to change the way things are done in the fashion industry. But guess what. That doesn't sell clothes. Skinny people sell clothes. Again, it's a shame that this is the case. But I think that pointing the finger at RL is unfair when we should instead be pointing the finger at the entire industry.

Sadly, I agree with Leslie. Not say in any way I condone the size 2 model as a role model for our young daughters and friends. But this is reality at least for now.

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

It's sad.
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

yeah, i read that yesterday too and reminds me of the same thing
that "SELF" magazine did with the kelly clarkson airbrushed cover
except wow, this one's just unbelievable... she looks sick & unreal.

this is the downside of the fashion biz (well, among many) which turned
me off when studying fashion design... models being human hangers. :?
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee