Who thinks they need a white Christmas

Moderator: ACOT Employee

justred2u
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 4

Re: Who thinks they need a white Christmas

Post by justred2u »

firemanswife7 wrote: Living in Texas- we rarely see snow. I am a transplant from Indiana- So yes I do miss the white stuff and the sparkly trees after a icy frosting. I see so many cool layouts done with snow pics and I long to do pages like that. 

Another thing I miss about the snow is how quiet it is outside  after it snows. the Sound seems different. Its almost serene and peaceful.  I also love how a blanket of fresh white stuff can make even the trashiest neighbors yard look beautiful...
Ya see what I mean!!!!!!
Leslie Mar 1/10
ImageImage
1) Rebel. Refuse to accept the idea that creativity is work.
2) Play. Think like a child.
3) Zone. Tune out negative vibes.
4) Feel. Open your heart, nurture your imagination.
luboost
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 33

Post by luboost »

I DO!  Well, a white winter in general.  I guess probably because that's the way it was (for the most part) when I grew up.  I like sledding, and skiing...  Green grass just depresses me at christmas! :(
mysunshine
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 221

Post by mysunshine »

Not me.  I don't really remember a good white Christmas.  The few times it has happened here in WA, I was visiting family in TX.  A few years ago it did flurry in Houston on Christmas Eve & that was fun!
- Angie - Come read my blog!
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

Honestly...the reason I want a white Christmas is because I love the tradition of going to church Christmas Eve, coming home singing carols while the snow falls, opening presents and drinking hot chocolate.  Then getting up early to open Santa presents, eating breakfast and then bundling up to go outside and play in the SNOW.

It feels like, when I was a kid, Christmas was always like that.  And I miss it so bad because we haven't had a white Christmas in ages.  The last several years (think 12ish) it's been COLD but no snow.  :(

And I've lived in MT my whole life.

BUT...after Christmas, like someone else said...it can just melt.  LOL.  I'm done with the Hallmark card then.  ;)
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

NOT ME!!!  No thank you!!  I will take the short sleeves on Christmas any year - though I can do without the mosquito bites!!!

We lived in Colorado when I was 2, so I did experience snow then.  I remember the first time past that when it snowed in 8th grade.  I was so excited!!  Then I got out in it.  VERY DISSAPOINTED!!  The beautiful fluffy snow was in reality cold & wet!!!  YUCK!!!!
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

I love a white Christmas. We get one everytime we are with family in MN but here in SoCal, fall has just started. Some of the leaves are changing colors Image
ImageImage
bluetulip
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 2

Post by bluetulip »

If you've never had one, I guess it just seems special.  I don't like to be cold which means I probably wouldn't like a white Christmas.
ImageImageImageImage
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

Something is magical about snow, particularly on Christmas.
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Post by MLee »

We get them so seldom in the south that it almost seems like a Christmas miracle to have a white Christmas. All of my family is close so we can still be together regardless of the weather and it just seems as though a white Christmas is more special and it takes away the trappings of the outside world so that we can concentrate more on what is important that day.

Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Not me.  I'll take a green one any day.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

I'm a California girl, I rarely had snow for Christmas, only when we drove up to the mountains. I certainly couldn't stand that cold wet white stuff for an entire season! LOL
Image Image
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 450

Post by DN in MN »

I've never had a Christmas without snow. Of course I live in Northern Minnesota, too! I think I could enjoy a green Christmas...
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 131

Post by Wheeliegirl »

Grandma Flowers wrote: Not me.  I'm fine with a green Christmas.
        Me too! I don't do cold weather very well.
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-
corvettecarey
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 103

Post by corvettecarey »

LOL about the fog Teri...
SusieKing
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 51

Post by SusieKing »

i want a white christmas.  probably because living in so. calif it's a novelty just to get snow.  we live at a slightly higher elevation than LA.  used to be snow was an annual thing but good ol' global warming is taking care of that.  now it's been years since we had any real snowfall here.  twice we got to have a minimal white christmas.  it was fun.  the closest thing to a christmas card photo we will probably ever get, anyway.
Susie King
Janedee
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 90

Post by Janedee »

It's pretty rare for us to have a green Christmas, although there have been a couple that I remember.  Currently though we have about eight inches of snow and its very cold for here about -15F.   I don't mind the snow if it would just warm up a bit!!! 
Jane
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

I think it just adds to the wonder.....or maybe because they were always white when I was young.

I live in MS now and it doesn't snow and it really doesn't feel like Christmas, seriously, it doesn't but I can't explain why.
grifscap
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 109

Post by grifscap »

Not, me,I like the weather best when it is snow and ice free. Less people in the ER.
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

I want one because I've never had one...we always want what we can't have!

It snowed at 300 feet elevation last night...we are at 42!  It's getting closer, and we're only a few hours from good snow, but we're never there on Christmas.
Nikki_E
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 19

Post by Nikki_E »

I grew up in south Texas usually eating Christmas dinner outdoors, so I do not need a white Christmas.
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

Return to “General Talk”