We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

NJTheresa

Cherry Cola

Littlest Pet Shop
OMG, Do we have lots of little people. I am thinking of downsizing some of it. Ill let you know what Ive gotprobably in a week or two when I go thru the playroom to purge
ImageImageImageImage

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Littlest Pet Shop
Aren't they totally fun? My dd used to carry Polly Pockets and my ds used to carry those Teenage Mutant 'Inja Turtles (that's what he called them, anyway) miniatures with them wherever we went!Let me tell ya, hunting for a tiny Leonardo between the seats of the car with a crying boy standing beside you not hunting was never a good day!

LoveMyBella

Product Promotions

Littlest Pet Shop
Bella never got into these.  We're overrun by Polly Pocket!  And Ava has no interest in anything "girly" at all.  Though I don't think Littlest Pet Shop is girly...is it?  It's Lego's, blocks, balls, trucks and anything with dirt for A.  She's taken a liking to the basketball hoop at the gym....may have to get one for her for Christmas.

scrap-4-life

Cherry Bing

Littlest Pet Shop
I think 2 years old is too young for Lil Pet shop stuff.  The pieces are quite small.  We have a hard time keep ours all together in the bin that they belong in!  My 3 and 6 year old (especiall 6 yr. old) really love playing with them as well!

FurBaby_Mom

Wild Cherry

Littlest Pet Shop
I don't think that they're a girly toy.  Besides, who cares?!  I think that the packaging makes them seem like girls are the target.  I have a black cat and a pumpkin turtle sitting here next to the keyboard and they remind me of Little People animals.  I try not to get into the gender stereotyping thing....it comes soon enough.

Renee

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Littlest Pet Shop
I have to agree with the "gender-stereotyping thing" too...My son has a kitchen set and LOVES it! I also have no problem with him playing with dolls. There's no reason why he shouldn't want to like to cook or take care of babies.

moodyonceamth

Cherry Addict

Littlest Pet Shop
Well said, Amy and Renee!  Good for you!   Liam LOVES playing with dollhouses.  He also loved playing with Em's old Little Tykes kitchen we had.   At this age, it's all about imagination.

TeresaB

Cherry Picker

Littlest Pet Shop
I am so glad to hear that some of you do not care about the "gender" thing when it comes to children's toys. I am off to get PawPaw so he can see this thread.  Dylan LOVES the littlest pet shop toys so much I would hate for him to miss out on playing with them.

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Littlest Pet Shop
Furry, I can't believe I have to tell you this again.  Eli is a BOY, so he should be playing with trucks and GI Joe.  You're going to turn him gay if you let him play with Littlest Pet Shop!    That was sarcasm.  Nobody get mad at me.  I know toys don't "turn kids gay."
Leslie

FurBaby_Mom

Wild Cherry

Littlest Pet Shop
OMG....Leslie.  That made me laugh.  I KNOW that people on here were thinking, "You read my mind...."

FurBaby_Mom

Wild Cherry

Littlest Pet Shop
For Christmas, Eli is getting a dollhouse....I'll post pics if I can find it - I think it's Ryan's Room or something like that.  Maybe Plan Toys.

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Littlest Pet Shop
LOL! I'm picturing my one year old boy trying to "help" his sister play with her Barbie motorhome! He was a bruiser, and those seats were not big enough for him no matter how hard he tried to shove himself into them! Yeah, that toy lasted about six months!Better to get him one that is age appropriate...and a little sturdier!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee