Who is thankful today?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Suzanne_FL
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 82

Who is thankful today?

Post by Suzanne_FL »

What a neat idea!I am thankful that hurricane Charley took a turn and missed our community.  I am thankful that I was able to take a day off last week and take my hurricane supplies over to the vicitims that took our brunt of the storm.I am thankful that my little girl is smart, healthy and calls me mommy in the sweetest way.I am thankful that my oldest daughter is growing up to be a fine wonderful girl.I am thankful for all the positive things in my life as well as the negative things.  They negative teaches me things and helps me to grow stronger overall.I am thankful for this site and this post...it granted me the moment to realize what I am thankful for and made me smile!Thank YOU!
Suzanne
Are You Ready for some FoOtBaLl?!!
Scrap Goddess
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 5

Who is thankful today?

Post by Scrap Goddess »

I am thankful for the friends I have met here, even the ones that get a little crabby. 
FrannyJay
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 21

Who is thankful today?

Post by FrannyJay »

I am thankful for every hour of every day. I am especially thankful for the hours, even minutes of my day that I consider "up" time. For me this means less pain, less "fog", and more productivity.Franny 
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Who is thankful today?

Post by Queen Mum »

I'm thankful for books.If I'm over tired and /or stressed, I take a book and instantly I'm in another world.   I can transport myself from where I am and relax.   
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
lisajo
Cherry Cola

Who is thankful today?

Post by lisajo »

i am thankful for my recliner to set in at the end of a long day. somewhere where i can kick my feet up, and pet my little kitty cat, and just relax.i am thankful that the weather hasn't gotton as bad this morning as they were predicting it to get.i am thankful labor day is coming up and it means a day off work.i am thankful that tonight is the last night teaching the older kids before they move up into the youth group. it is going to be a sad night. i love those kids, but it had gotton impossible to teach the same lesson for kids from 5-14. so when they move up i can go back to doing things i had stopped because they had gotton to old for it. of course i am so gonna miss those kids!!!i am thankful for the wonderful time me and my mom had last night, just singing together.i am thankful that sometimes when we get what we thought we wanted that God gives us the sense to see what we already have is pretty great!!!i am thankful for my home and my belongings. Because i could be like my friend michelle, and lost everything I had worked for.i am thankful that even though they did lose all their material things that they didn't lose their lives in the fire.  They wasn't at home at the time.  
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict

Who is thankful today?

Post by Queen Mum »

This is how I feel about so much I am thankful for small mercies. I compared notes with one of my friends who expects everything of the universe, and is disappointed when anything is less than the best, and I found that I begin at the other extreme, expecting nothing, and am always full of thanks for moderate goods.- -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nell
Cherry Bing

Who is thankful today?

Post by Nell »

I am thankful that my brother, my niece and my two great nieces are coming to my home labor day weekend. (my SIL is coming too, but not staying with us ) My niece and I had a TERRIBLE falling out two years ago and just in January got it all straightened out....so the fact that she is DRIVING her dad here from MN and bringing her two girls with her means the world to me. And she doesn't even realize it. So I am very, very grateful indeed.Nell
~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and
taste good with ketchup.
ugascrapper
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 15

Who is thankful today?

Post by ugascrapper »

I am thankful my son made it to 7 (there were days I didn't think he'd make it 3!! LOL).I am thankful DH's job didn't get cut from the State's budget.I am thankful that we  have health insurance, even if I complain about its restrictions -- it's much better than the alternative.I am thankful the sun is shining and I can go outside and listen to the whir of all the hummingbirds' wings .
Leah
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
ugascrapper
Cherry Jubilee

Who is thankful today?

Post by ugascrapper »

I guess I should add (especially after my gripe posts) that I am grateful I married Frank and not his crummy older brothers!
Leah
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict

Who is thankful today?

Post by Queen Mum »

Neleelbell,  How nice that your niece is coming too! I hope you have a fun time iwth your family
jodee
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 27

Who is thankful today?

Post by jodee »

Im thankful for by beautiful son and all the questions he asks...Im thankful that he is smart enough to always wonder about the world.
Jodee
annaspeakin
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 81

Who is thankful today?

Post by annaspeakin »

I am very thankful that both of my girls has made it through two days of school so far without any crying.  They just started 1st grade and Kindergarten.
meow meow!!
ugascrapper
Cherry Jubilee

Who is thankful today?

Post by ugascrapper »

I am very thankful for the wonderful women on this board. It seems as if not one day goes by without a Stick Gal coming through for another Stick Gal. I am thankful for Stickers Galore having the foresight to create a wonderful place to exchange ideas, heartaches & joys.I am thankful for the internet because it has opened my mind and my heart!
Leah
lisajo
Cherry Cola

Who is thankful today?

Post by lisajo »

i am thankful today is friday!!!i amthankful that i may have found a nice woman to help me with the problem we have had with home healthi am thankful for the ability to sing, and for a choir to sing in, even though we were at choir practice until really late last night 
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict

Who is thankful today?

Post by Queen Mum »

I'm thankful for left overs.   IT shows we have plenty.   It allows for a nice meal without a lot of effort.    I'm thankful for nights I can sleep though the night too.  
lisajo
Cherry Cola

Who is thankful today?

Post by lisajo »

i wanted to bring this back up to the top, because i don't think a day should pass that we are not thankful.today i am thankful for the wonderful time i had at the park last night with my friend and her kids.I am thankful to how ever plans all the great things they have going on in the park.i am thankful it is finally payday.i am thankful that when we are having bad dreams, we can wake up and realize they aren't real.i am thankful for a bed to sleep on , and a pillow to put under my head.i am thankful for an airconditioner to keep cool.i am thankful for all my family and friends, and the health they do have, and for mine also.i am thankful that even though i have to work tomorrow i am off monday.i am thankful for a friend that listens to all my ramblings, and then gives me his honest advice, just not what i want to hear.i am thankful that god gives us strength to make peace with the things that didn't work out the way we wanted them too.and i am thankful that god gives us forgiveness
ugascrapper
Cherry Jubilee

Who is thankful today?

Post by ugascrapper »

Thanks for bringing this back Lisajo! I am thankful that I have a wonderful DH who understand my desire to have time for myself.I am thankful that I have great friends that share my ups and downs ( a lot of them are here on the MB!)I am thankful that I live in the USA where I can openly discuss my beliefs.
Leah
doxies
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 23

Who is thankful today?

Post by doxies »

I'm thankful for my doctor who believed me when I said something was wrong and ended up finding colon cancer. I'm thankful for the surgeons who removed the cancer, for my husband who has stood by me and hurting along with me. I'm thankful that my dad has survived his 5 cancer's. I'm thankful for the hobby of scrapbooking which let's me tell my kids how much I love them  just in case I don't survive this cancer. I'm thankful that my kids are too little to understand cancer so it won't haunt them when they are older. I'm thankful for tissues which I am using while writing this.
Suzanne_FL
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 82

Who is thankful today?

Post by Suzanne_FL »

I am thankful that I am ready to face hurricane Frances.I am thankful that I have healthy children.I am thankful for the time off that I have right now.I am thankful for my quiet "alone" time!I am thankful for a loving family.
Suzanne
Are You Ready for some FoOtBaLl?!!
gratefulgrama
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 4

Who is thankful today?

Post by gratefulgrama »

I'm thankful that people are mindful enough of blessings to keep bringing this to the top.I'm thankful for the caring that I see on the board, in good times and in potentially bad ones.  I'm thankful that we can pray together for those in the path of the hurricane.  And I'm thankful that God sees and knows each and every one of them.I'm thankful that I live in the mountains and don't have to personally worry about hurricanes.I'm thankful for my job, even though I don't want to be here today and this is the fifth Monday this week, but I was reminded that we have three Saturdays now and I'm sure thankful for that!I'm thankful for my beautiful granddaughter and for the time God has given me to spend with her.  I'm thankful that her mother loves her so much and is such a good mother to her, even though being a single mother is hard.My goodness, I could go on and on.  Thanks, Lisa, for reminding us!
Ginnie

Return to “General Talk”