How Do You Prepare For The Crop?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

IreneP
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 3

Re: How Do You Prepare For The Crop?

Post by IreneP »

GO CRAZY MON -WEDS emptying boxes and trying to find a clean space THURSDAY- Sleep

Remember I just moved

Hubbys Orders had to get everything done before

I could start doing Craft room stuff, (If not nothing

else would get done till after crop he is smart ).
Kitkat137
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 151

Post by Kitkat137 »

my first was February as well.

--Have pictures printed
--Get your supplies for any items that you think you might need (I always need more thickers)
--Tell your family where they can find you (but don't forget about them)
Kat >^..^<

Image Image Image
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

I make sure I have enough ink, enough adhesive. Sometimes I plan ahead for food that the kids generally will cook for themselves.
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2470

Post by joannie »

I should have time this week to pre-plan some layouts that i can whip up during the crop! Sometimes it helps & sometimes it doesn't. But at least i can pick out pp for photos i have ready to scrap! I also make sure i have the essentials!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Post by JulesinParadise »

Lots of coffee and energy bars! lol

I do check to make sure i have plenty of adhesives and that the blade on my cutter is sharp. Other than that...I just plan on having fun!
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

Post by ajkulig »

First- I take inventory. Make a list and order what I need to and put aside my list of what to buy to nearly the last second. Which isn't real procastination so much as I realize I forgot more and more stuff as time goes on and it's too late to order. I will probably take a trip to the LSS Wed and last but not least M's the day before the crop. Today I start thinking about page kits and doing some sketching. (Sun before the crop) Usually but I am a little behind on 'cleaning' which usually happens after I place my order. But I am in the middle of a complete scraproom overhaul and my goal is to have it half done by the time the crop comes around I made great headway yesterday but I have a ways to go still.

Monday I make and freeze dinners I need for the fam when I am busy and do a meal plan. I try to have a good mix of read prepared stuff I have made and frozen and stuff DH who has ZERO cooking skills can handle.

Tuesday is massive house cleaning day.
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
averys_mom
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 293

Post by averys_mom »

I stock up on Riesens and Mountain Dew, LOL! I am always so happy when this thread pops up, because that means that a crop is close! :-D I actually just placed two last minute orders for scrappy goodness to play with at the crop. One from here and one from some place else that carries Dear Lizzy, since ACOT doesn't so far. I am IN LOVE with Dear Lizzy! I also got more pictures printed off this week so that I have a wide variety to choose from. Nothing worse than having a great challenge come up and not have the pics printed for it! (Especially if your printer no longer will print decent quality pics for you. ;) )
amberella
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 39

Post by amberella »

EarthMom wrote:I mope because I won't be able to do much this weekend...working and other things happening.

Haha, YUP! Maybe next time, though :)

I would say that I *would* prepare by picking out my favorite pictures, and coordinating a bunch of papers and embellies, nothing too "planned" because I always change my mind, but it's nice to have general groupings :) I'd also make sure that everything was organized and that I knew where to find the "Important" stuff !
AmberImageImage
ImageImage
jodcold
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by jodcold »

Usually I end up just playing the games and not actually cropping. Last year was wonderful though as I was able to do both because no one was home but me for the entire weekend.

Unfortunately DH is home this year and he will probably want me to ride his Harley with him if the weather is nice. But I will be able to be around at night.

I am home for part of the day tomorrow and may start planning some layouts if I have a few spare moments. I just completed a Shutterfly album today which was a lot of fun!

Have to figure out what to grab to eat for the weekend as I am shopping tomorrow night.

So, food, a few layouts, camera batteries ready and I'll be all set!
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

She’s Crafty
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 67

Post by She’s Crafty »

We just moved and the kiddos have games this weekend. Sooooo......I have to unbox a ton of supplies and get a zone ready for scrappy time! Also, just placed a big order with ACOT and gotta make sure to have an extra ink cartridge.
Rici76
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 56

Post by Rici76 »

My advice is try to have as many supplies available as you can...HOWEVER, dont panic if you don't have everything. I found the most fun during the ACOT crops are the fact that you can substitute many items used. Try to have snacks available, make sure the DF know that you are OFF DUTY for the weekend....lol. Most IMPORTANTLY, have FUN and RELAX....get done what you can and Play the Games......
shayla_rose
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 125

Post by shayla_rose »

I am lol and taking notes!! This is great! :-D
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

I kick everybody out of the house! LOL
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

I do what Trish does. Kick everyone out & change the locks. :-D

(((Ok..not really...but it's sometimes very tempting.)))
immom2anc
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 264

Post by immom2anc »

I stay up REALLY late!!! Its nice and quiet. I can digi scrap some of my challenges, then I play catch up on Monday while the big kid's at school!! Otherwise, you'll find me playing games all weekend long, trying to get those points! :)

Have lots of candy & snacks ready. Or if you can manage it, pay for the DH & kids to go somewhere for the day so you can play all by yourself!
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image
Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5469

Post by Retiree3 »

All of your tips have been very helpful so I hope I will be ready by Friday.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

dismith
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 8

Post by dismith »

What are fast scraps?? When a challenge is listed, how long do you have to complete it??

Diane
jannyf
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 148

Post by jannyf »

dismith wrote:What are fast scraps?? When a challenge is listed, how long do you have to complete it??

Diane
The fast scraps are quick projects that we have one hour to complete and post. The challenges are all due usually the Monday after the crop by Midnight. The team will give us the deadlines for completing the challenges.

It's usually easier to make a decision as to which is easier to do - focus on fast scraps or focus on challenges. Plus you may want to play some games, so don't try to do everything!
- Jan

123hereIgo
Cherry Blossom

Post by 123hereIgo »

I am looking for the beautiful beach album class I saw yesterday. What happened to it? I was going to get some extra supplies today after school and now I do not see it in the "Class" section. Can anyone help?
fong33
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 204

Post by fong33 »

All great ideas! I set aside this AM to get ready, so this thread is perfect!

Return to “General Talk”