Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Bunnee

Cherry Blossom

Mod Podge-ing
How do you use the stuff without the paper bubbling? Do you just slather the glue on liberally then put the paper on, let dry then do the layers outside (letting dry in between each layer)?? I'm trying to alter Target $1 spot mailboxes & its bubbling on me. Any help is greatly appreciated! 
^Bunnee~ http://www.freewebs.com/bunnee5/index.htm
Momma to 5 wild & beautiful kids Bryce, Kayla, Spencer, Laicey & Dallin

LoveMyBella

Product Promotions

Mod Podge-ing
Not liberally...that may be why you're bubbling up.  I apply a thin layer with a sponge paint brush, then put the paper on and let it dry.  While it's drying, I check it a few times for bubbles and apply pressure to those spots as needed.  Then another thin layer with the sponge brush over the top.  The sponge brush (in my experience) leaves you with the least amout of "brush marks" on the finished product) I used to do the "liberal" thing and it just bubbled up all over.  Less is more with Mod Podge.

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Mod Podge-ing
I agree with Miranda...the only time I am liberal with ModPodge is if I am trying to get ribbon or lace to stick!

scrapin4me

Cherry Picker

Mod Podge-ing
I also agree here...Less is best...Let dry between each layer also..

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Mod Podge-ing
It works best on heavier papers, too.  Also, letting it dry between thin coats is best.  I actually, sponge a thin layer on the back of the paper, as opposed to the surface I will be putting it on, then stick it down, working from the middle out to smooth out bubbles.

FairyMouseMom

Cherry Addict

Mod Podge-ing
.....everything has been written  above already....but, also, note when you are smoothing your paper, do not apply too much pressure....as you might rub the pattern off your paper!

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Mod Podge-ing
I did some altered canvas for my sis for CHristmas and found that a very thin coat on the canvas and on the back of the paper worked the best in that situation.
Becky

Image Image Image

barbquilt

Cherry Cola

Mod Podge-ing
Thanks for the tips, ladies. I had almost given up on MP.  I will give it another go! Thanks!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee