New Message Board

Moderator: ACOT Employee

CamsMomma
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 267

New Message Board

Post by CamsMomma »

most of the stuff sounds really cool and im excited.but i do have to say i hate the format of most boards and i really love this one so i hope we're not converting to whats usually out there. i hope everything converts smoothly!oh and id love more smilies
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

New Message Board

Post by -Tracy- »

Oh noes!!!  I love the format of this board!!!The only two things I'd like to see changed is a quote feature and being able to spellcheck would be nice. :D 
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
LKappy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 106

New Message Board

Post by LKappy »

spell check... but I would also love to be able to see threads from way back when ... I like looking through old threads and there are none...
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

New Message Board

Post by Queen Mum »

I really don't like the blinkies I see on other boards.   SOmewhat annoying and distracting.

The only think I'd like to see added is a quote option (to quote another poster)

If it ain't broke don't fix it!
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

New Message Board

Post by MamaK321 »

pahahahaha Oh Brandon, dude, you'd better not touch those posts... I can't imagine the HUGE can of worms that would crack open. hahahahaha I can't wait to see what you've been working on, there's always room for some updated features.
bayouscrap
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 37

New Message Board

Post by bayouscrap »

Will there be an option to disable others blinkies if someone didn't want to see blinkies?
Michelle
Born to Crop not to Mop!

ImageImage
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

New Message Board

Post by koala1966 »

I really don't want this message board to look like all the other standard [generic] message boards out there, I like this setup much better - post titles on the left, easy to go down the list of posts without having to go back or open another window.  What I would hate the most is if clicking on a post took you to the new thread, with no way to get back to the list of threads without going back or clicking on a link at the top. Also, please don't take away all the old posts - that would be a real problem.  Many of us have a lot of saved topics, and for example in the Movie Forum I have a post that links to all the old reviews we've done in there, which I would lose all the reviews if you take away old posts.
Brandon Singer
Site Admin
Gallery: 62

New Message Board

Post by Brandon Singer »

"Will there be an option to disable others blinkies if someone didn't want to see blinkies?" - Only somewhat at the moment. You can disable showing signatures or you could disable showing of images. I personaly don't care for them either.
-Echo
Henu_Nea
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 127

New Message Board

Post by Henu_Nea »

I would like for a way to keep track of where I've posted in case someone responds to me. I've posted in threads and then forgotten about it until a week later and find out that someone responded to me or asked a question.JMO. Other really than that, This Place ROCKS!!!
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

New Message Board

Post by koala1966 »

Also, are we going to lose any layouts in the gallery or information attached to them?  Because I need to know that now, I have some saving to do if that's the case, that's the only place I have my layout descriptions.
Brandon Singer
Site Admin

New Message Board

Post by Brandon Singer »

The gallery wont be effected in anyway. It will stay exactly the same.Near the top of the new message board, there is a link to view your posts. So you could easly check on the topics that you posted in.
-Echo
Wendy-Gale
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 183

New Message Board

Post by Wendy-Gale »

I want the NEWESt REPLYS FIRST button to work(stick)
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2340

New Message Board

Post by Art_Teacher »

I agree with whoever said "I hate change!"  Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!Please don't lose all our saved posts and our post count!  Also, I like the way this board is laid out better than any of the other ones I go to...it's one of the reasons why I keep coming back!  Everything is so easy to find and see....don't change it!Would love if the Sort Newest Replies First would work permanently again, though. Oh, and I don't know what you mean by "no more frames" but I think they make it easier to read....separates each person's post...so many other boards have so much crap in the post (there, I said it....too many blinkies, photos, etc.) that you can barely find what they are saying.  This is so nice and uniform.  Plus, I love the topics listed on the side, and the way they turn blue when I have already looked at them.  It's great!
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

New Message Board

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Perusing a few other scrappy boards I can honestly say... the "busyness" of everyone's signature line would drive me crazy if I had to try to decipher what was part of the message and what was their signature.  I hope ACOT's not planning to add this to the message format.  But if they do, a means to turn it OFF for those of us who don't want to see it should be an option also!
Kymbo
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 7

New Message Board

Post by Kymbo »

I LOVE the layout of this board also.   I don't much like change, but will get used to whatever.   I know I really don't like the sites that have topics you have to keep going back on just to see topics.I would like spell check  and the smiley also.A quote feature would be awesome too.Don't loose our posts or post counts.    I may not have many but I like knowing what I have :)
Kymberlee~
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

New Message Board

Post by AnnOminous »

The worst thing would be if it is slower.I'm still on dial-up.  I want DSL, but I don't see it happening for at least 6 months.There are several places that I used to hang out, but quit because they upgraded their board to something that was slower than mollasses on dial-up.Sorry, but I don't have the patience to wait 5 minutes to see a post.
Brandon Singer
Site Admin

New Message Board

Post by Brandon Singer »

"Perusing a few other scrappy boards I can honestly say... the "busyness" of everyone's signature line would drive me crazy if I had to try to decipher what was part of the message and what was their signature." - Good point. I'll make sure that the actual message is visualy separated from the signature.AnnOminous, even if you are the only one still on dial-up, I'll work at making it load good for you dial-up users.
-Echo
TheFiberLady
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 266

New Message Board

Post by TheFiberLady »

we need old posts and post counts.  fun old fun and so we can celebrate hitting X # of postswe have to have smilies and it would be preferable if we could get our old colored ones back.I don't like that i have to click on a million things just to get into the message board. I liked the old way.please don't change this message board too much i like the current design with everything on the left, messages on the right.  The reason I don't frequent other message boards and only this one is it's user friendly.we need to still have pm's for sure.change the shop back to the way it used to be so it's more user friendly..i personally think the new shop lo sucks and therefore one of the reasons that i rarely go into it.  It was alot easier to use before the last change.  check my orders you'll see they went down drastically. lol.I say don't change a thing because none of us like change....but if you have to change one thing...make it colored smilies.if you get rid of old posts we will lose our swaps in the swap forum and that would suck.
ShellyBob
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 104

New Message Board

Post by ShellyBob »

Art Teacher and others have said what I wanted to say:Oh, and I don't know what you mean by "no more frames" but I think they make it easier to read....separates each person's post...so many other boards have so much crap in the post (there, I said it....too many blinkies, photos, etc.) that you can barely find what they are saying.  This is so nice and uniform.  Plus, I love the topics listed on the side, and the way they turn blue when I have already looked at them.  It's great!I HATE other boards with all the crap...I can't tell what they are saying in their post with all the pictures and blinkes and signature lines.  I would stop coming to this site if it looked like that.  I don't see why you would want to change the layout of the board.  It is great the way it is.  Very easy to read....please don't change that. 
bumblebby
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 5

New Message Board

Post by bumblebby »

I like the current board too but am always open to change.A quote feature would be nice. That's it. I'm easy! (to please that is)

Return to “General Talk”