Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Re: Thinking of our Florida DC'S
VickiR wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:08 pm
Praying for our family in Atlanta and Lawrenceville, GA as Helene will be going directly over them.  I talked with my aunt a little while ago and she said sirens are already going off for tornado warnings.  They are prepared along with our other family in nearby areas.  My sister is just south of Raleigh, NC and they just have wind and rain.  The storm will pass over to the west of them. 

Praying for your family Vicki.  How scary! 
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
Praying for our family in Atlanta and Lawrenceville, GA as Helene will be going directly over them.  I talked with my aunt a little while ago and she said sirens are already going off for tornado warnings.  They are prepared along with our other family in nearby areas.  My sister is just south of Raleigh, NC and they just have wind and rain.  The storm will pass over to the west of them. 

Oh Vicki!!!  I'll be praying for your family too!  My daughter lives 2 hours from Raleigh near New Bern NC.  I'm sure they'll get a lot of rain too...  They've had so much flooding already!!!  :(

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

aheatfan wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:11 am
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I am worried, not for me but for upper Florida. This is a big one!! We are in Miami so we will get lots of rain but not the major wind.  We are however the ONLY school district in Florida that is having class today. I expect that a lot of my littles will be absent. As we are under a tropical storm warning, not watch, I thought we would be closed too but no.  

To my other Florida cherries, please stay safe, be careful and check in when you can. My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

How are you doing? I can't believe school is open for you! Please be careful! I can't imagine many kids are going to be there  :surprised:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

seastar wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 12:00 pm
Thank you all. I am on the east coast of Florida under a tropical storm warning. I am more concerned about my son and his family who live in Tallahassee. Stay safe where ever you may be in the path of Helene.

Be safe, Karen! Praying for your son and family too!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blfonty wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:56 pm
Stay Safe Florida Cherries! The storms are heading north so we're expecting more rain and possible winds here.

Be safe, Bonnie!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Birgit55~Chickadee

Cherry Berry

Thinking of you all.  I have family in Vero Beach.  Not sure where they are in relation to the path of the storm, but they're on the east coast so hopefully out of the worst of it.  Be safe.

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

seastar wrote:
Thank you all. I am on the east coast of Florida under a tropical storm warning. I am more concerned about my son and his family who live in Tallahassee. Stay safe where ever you may be in the path of Helene.
Hope everyone made it through ok. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:

Hope everything turned out ok for your family Vicki, that is scary!!
🌴Kristin  

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:56 am
aheatfan wrote:
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I am worried, not for me but for upper Florida. This is a big one!! We are in Miami so we will get lots of rain but not the major wind.  We are however the ONLY school district in Florida that is having class today. I expect that a lot of my littles will be absent. As we are under a tropical storm warning, not watch, I thought we would be closed too but no.  

To my other Florida cherries, please stay safe, be careful and check in when you can. My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

How are you doing? I can't believe school is open for you! Please be careful! I can't imagine many kids are going to be there  :surprised: 
We are good. It actually rained very little. It was a bit windy but not bad. Out of 22 kids, I still had 18 but it was ok.  We just had to stay inside all day but I'll take it compared to what others had to face. 

🌴Kristin  

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:

Praying for your family, Vicki! Esp in Atlanta. How scary to hear the sirens going off!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

aheatfan wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:41 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:
aheatfan wrote:

We are good. It actually rained very little. It was a bit windy but not bad. Out of 22 kids, I still had 18 but it was ok.  We just had to stay inside all day but I'll take it compared to what others had to face. 

Glad to hear you're okay! That's more kids than I would have expected!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Florac74 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:23 pm
VickiR wrote:

Praying for your family Vicki.  How scary!  
Thanks, Flora.  Still waiting word.

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

GinniG wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:38 am
VickiR wrote:

Oh Vicki!!!  I'll be praying for your family too!  My daughter lives 2 hours from Raleigh near New Bern NC.  I'm sure they'll get a lot of rain too...  They've had so much flooding already!!!  :( 
Thanks, Ginni. 

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

aheatfan wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:39 am
VickiR wrote:

Hope everything turned out ok for your family Vicki, that is scary!! 
Thanks, Kristin.  Still waiting to hear.

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

My sister just checked in from NC.  They are west of the major storm, but have the heat, humidity, rain and wind.  They are under a tornado warning and hanging close to shelter.
    ImageImage

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Good to hear from dome cherries that all is well . I know some places are slammed and have no power. Definitely praying as the storm moves 
Susan

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

seastar wrote:
Oh my! I hope and pray your son and his family are okay! Still praying because the aftermath can be very dangerous too.

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

aheatfan wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:41 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:
aheatfan wrote:

Glad to hear you’re good! I figured you would be but I know things get bad in the outer bands. 

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

My daughter and her family live in North Carolina on the eastern coast near New Bern. They have been under some tornado warnings but their main problem is flooding. They’ve had so much rain that the ground can’t handle anymore. And this storm is bringing them a LOT more rain. The whole area was flooded a couple of years ago. She’s in a little bit higher section and didn’t flood her house. But everything around her was. So she asked for prayers that rain would stop. 

I’m still praying for all those who have been impacted by this monster storm! 

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee