Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Help- what would you do?
so I have a question and was hoping you could help me answer it or maybe you know the proper etiquette
so my sister came to me and asked if I would do the thank you note for my dadβ€˜s funeral. She was given three cars from the mortuary and that was it. Two of those cards list just a family name like for example the Thompsons, but it doesn’t list all the kids names on there. One family has 10 kids and another family that did the same type of thing has six or seven so my question is, when has the family last name one card for the whole family or do I try to find all my cousins addresses which could be a nightmare and send to every single cousin that would be on there?

knowing it made forever, take me to do these cards as I have had long story so it takes me more time to write, as I but I want to do what is best for my family. I would appreciate anybody’s thoughts and feedback. I’ve asked a couple of people over here and just want to know what you think. It has been difficult to write as I have had Septic Arthritis long story,

thanks i for taking the time to read this and to share your thoughts with me.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Help- what would you do?
Oh Kimber!Β  Sounds like you've really had a rough go lately.Β  I'm so very sorry on the loss of your father.Β  That's a hard one I know.Β  Both of my parents are gone now.

I think probably what I would do is address the cards to the family like say Mr. and Mrs. John Thompson and Family.Β  Then in the note or letter inside I would say something to the effect of I'd appreciate it if you would let your cousins know how much we appreciated them attending.Β  Something like that.Β  Then you don't have to be tracking down addresses, etc.Β  If at some point you get the addresses and have time or maybe say for Christmas or New Year's you could send them a card thanking them.Β  Would give you more time to get that information if you really want it.

I hope and pray you will feel better soon!Β  {{{HUGS}}}

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hugs Kimber! πŸ«‚
I agree with Ginni! That way you're not trying to track everyone down, but the sentiment is there! I think it's very sweet of you to want to send the thank you cards in the first place - it's a hard task to undertake! Hugs!
I'm sorry for you loss, but you're doing as well as a job with it as you can, and that definitely counts! πŸ’–

AnniePee

Cherry Tart

Ginni has the right idea -- address cards to Mr. and Mrs. & Family. Β You shouldn't have to address cards to every single cousin -- plus the cost of postage is crazy these days. Β I don't think most people expect to receive thank you notes for attending a funeral, only if they did something special to help out, sent flowers, etc. Β Be kind and gently to yourself in your time of mourning.Β 

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

So sorry to hear of your loss. Β I agree with Ginni, perhaps make a notation on the inside thanking the entire family. Β If they signed the visitation book, look in there. Β Unless it’s in there, I wouldn’t worry. Β 

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

GinniG wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:19 am
Oh Kimber!Β  Sounds like you've really had a rough go lately.Β  I'm so very sorry on the loss of your father.Β  That's a hard one I know.Β  Both of my parents are gone now.

I think probably what I would do is address the cards to the family like say Mr. and Mrs. John Thompson and Family.Β  Then in the note or letter inside I would say something to the effect of I'd appreciate it if you would let your cousins know how much we appreciated them attending.Β  Something like that.Β  Then you don't have to be tracking down addresses, etc.Β  If at some point you get the addresses and have time or maybe say for Christmas or New Year's you could send them a card thanking them.Β  Would give you more time to get that information if you really want it.

I hope and pray you will feel better soon!Β  {{{HUGS}}}

Thanks for your thoughts.
Kimber

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

JollyHollyScraps wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:15 am
Hugs Kimber! πŸ«‚
I agree with Ginni! That way you're not trying to track everyone down, but the sentiment is there! I think it's very sweet of you to want to send the thank you cards in the first place - it's a hard task to undertake! Hugs!
I'm sorry for you loss, but you're doing as well as a job with it as you can, and that definitely counts! πŸ’–

Thanks for your ideas and thoughts.
Kimber

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

AnniePee wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:49 am
Ginni has the right idea -- address cards to Mr. and Mrs. & Family. Β You shouldn't have to address cards to every single cousin -- plus the cost of postage is crazy these days. Β I don't think most people expect to receive thank you notes for attending a funeral, only if they did something special to help out, sent flowers, etc. Β Be kind and gently to yourself in your time of mourning.Β 

mThank you
Kimber

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Mommytron wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:55 am
So sorry to hear of your loss. Β I agree with Ginni, perhaps make a notation on the inside thanking the entire family. Β If they signed the visitation book, look in there. Β Unless it’s in there, I wouldn’t worry. Β 

Thanks
Kimber

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Many ((hugs)) Kimber. I am so sorry for your loss.

I would address the cards to the family. You can always write a note inside if you want to saying "thank you to all of you etc" or something like that. I myself do not think it necessary to track everyone in the family down and send them each a thank you. I would say if they signed it "The Thompson Family" then you can send your thank you to The Thompson Family. Just my thoughts and what I would do.

ImageImage Image ImageΒ Β 

Β 

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

pawprints wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:01 pm
Many ((hugs)) Kimber. I am so sorry for your loss.

I would address the cards to the family. You can always write a note inside if you want to saying "thank you to all of you etc" or something like that. I myself do not think it necessary to track everyone in the family down and send them each a thank you. I would say if they signed it "The Thompson Family" then you can send your thank you to The Thompson Family. Just my thoughts and what I would do.

Thank you so much.
Kimber

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Shutterbug wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:53 pm
Hugs Kimber! πŸ«‚

I'm praying for you and your family πŸ™

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:57 am
Hugs Kimber! πŸ«‚

Thank you so much. I appreciate it. It touches me so much to know I have friends praying for my family. Hod Bless you and your family.
Kimber

Flasher

Cherry Crush

(((Hugs))) Kimber.

I second what Barb said..Β  I don't think it's necessary at all to track down each and every family member.Β  A general "Thank You" is sufficient.

I know you've had a rough couple of months.Β  Make sure you're taking the time to take care of yourself, friend.
OCD is not an adjective.Β  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.Β  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. πŸ’™ I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. πŸ’™

Β 

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Laura wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:23 am
(((Hugs))) Kimber.

I second what Barb said..Β  I don't think it's necessary at all to track down each and every family member.Β  A general "Thank You" is sufficient.

I know you've had a rough couple of months.Β  Make sure you're taking the time to take care of yourself, friend.

Thanks Laura, I am trying to take care of myself.
Kimber

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:29 pm
Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:57 am

Thank you so much. I appreciate it. It touches me so much to know I have friends praying for my family. Hod Bless you and your family.

Hugs πŸ«‚

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Thank you so much everyone.πŸ’œ
Kimber

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Kimber big hugs!! I agree with Laura. Make sure you are taking care of you. Every one will understand that you are in the grief process as well. When my step-dad passed away. I put the expectation on myself being the eldest to do all the things. A good friend sat me down and told me that they loved me number one. Then they told me, "I need to take this time to grieve and it's important." Everything else and everyone else will still be there. They will understand truly. Love you friend!
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage

Return to β€œGeneral Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee