Tacos

Moderator: ACOT Employee

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Tacos

Post by suewho372 »

I can’t remember who started it or what day it was but I read about tacos on the board this week and haven’t been able to stop thinking about them!!! Lol do I am making some taco meat right now! Thank you!!! 😉😉🙃
Susan

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Re: Tacos

Post by VickiR »

We use ground chicken for our tacos/taco salad.  DH is no carb so he makes a salad out of his and sometimes uses an egg wrap.  I like the soft taco shells!  Tacos are easy and so good especially with the fresh tomatoes that are available at the farm stand now.
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Post by Flasher »

Enjoy!  I mentioned we were having them for dinner on Thursday!  Had enough for leftovers on Friday!  Super great to eat when it's so hot with the cool tomatoes and lettuce and nice cold sour cream.  😁
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:17 pm
We use ground chicken for our tacos/taco salad.  DH is no carb so he makes a salad out of his and sometimes uses an egg wrap.  I like the soft taco shells!  Tacos are easy and so good especially with the fresh tomatoes that are available at the farm stand now.

I always used ground turkey. DH didn't eat taco shells so he would always have his in a pita bread that was cut in half.

Image Image Image

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Post by Flasher »

pawprints wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:29 pm
VickiR wrote:

I always used ground turkey. DH didn't eat taco shells so he would always have his in a pita bread that was cut in half. 
I use ground turkey, too!  And, we do pita bread sometimes!

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

VickiR wrote:

I used ground chicken today / I like ground Turkey too
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

Laura wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:24 pm
Enjoy!  I mentioned we were having them for dinner on Thursday!  Had enough for leftovers on Friday!  Super great to eat when it's so hot with the cool tomatoes and lettuce and nice cold sour cream.  😁

Sour cream that’s what I didn’t have! But I had a salad already made so put it together with that!
Thank you!! Taco hit the spot!
Susan

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Post by Art_Teacher »

I love to use a rotisserie chicken for chicken tacos one night. :)  I get the stand 'n' stuff shells, crisp them for a couple minutes in the oven, then add pulled, rotisserie chicken, black beans, onions, and cheddar cheese and bake for 10 minutes. Top it with homemade pico de gallo, lettuce, and sour cream.  Yummy!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

pawprints wrote:
VickiR wrote:

I like turkey too- I had ground chicken in the freezer so used that. Sometimes I eat it on a piece of bread 😊
Susan

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote:
VickiR wrote:

The pita bread sounds good!  Reminds me of the Chalupas at Taco Bell.

Nana01
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 95

Post by Nana01 »

Now I want a taco, lol
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:20 pm
I love to use a rotisserie chicken for chicken tacos one night. :)  I get the stand 'n' stuff shells, crisp them for a couple minutes in the oven, then add pulled, rotisserie chicken, black beans, onions, and cheddar cheese and bake for 10 minutes. Top it with homemade pico de gallo, lettuce, and sour cream.  Yummy!

Oh that sounds good too!!! And totally different, do that might be next up! Lol
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

Nana01 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:46 am
Now I want a taco, lol

That’s what started it all !! Lol talking about them! 🤣😂🤣
Susan

Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 137

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

It's quarter of nine in the morning as I'm reading this but you guys have me wanting tacos for breakfast!  Thanks all you enablers.   😂
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 521

Post by SandyJay »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:20 pm

Sounds like an awesome taco!!! Yum! 
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 521

Post by SandyJay »

Has anyone made fish tacos?  It might be a Hawaiian thing, I was introduced to them when I lived there.  There was a famous food truck that had them, but that was over 20 years ago…
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 699

Post by Aztam »

We had fish “tacos” actually used flour tortillas a couple days ago. It would have been better with corn taco shells! Note to self: pick up shells for the pantry!!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Post by Art_Teacher »

Mommytron wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:01 am
Has anyone made fish tacos?  It might be a Hawaiian thing, I was introduced to them when I lived there.  There was a famous food truck that had them, but that was over 20 years ago…
I love fish tacos!  My favorite thing to order at The Cheesecake Factory (chain restaurant here).  I found a copycat recipe and they are delicious!  Do you like them with breaded fish or just broiled/pan-cooked? 

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Kelly R.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 69

Post by Kelly R. »

OK, now I  want Tacos.  My DH makes the best soft tacos and salsa.   

I've  not had fish tacos because  I'm not a fan of fish.  I have had shrimp tacos at a local a Mexican restaurant.  They were very good.
:) Kelly 
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 517

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

😊🤣🤣 I NEED tacos now, too! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Return to “General Talk”