Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Twinkie Update
My girl has pancreatitis. She is doing much better today though and ate her breakfast without any issues this morning and was happy to take her meds in chunks of banana. She is getting the right treatment as the Flagyl has helped her and the Pepcid seems to be helping too. She has to just keep eating blandly for a while and if she is better in a few days I can stop the meds. So so far so good. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers for her. I am so relieved that she is doing better.

ImageImage Image Image  

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Re: Twinkie Update
So glad they figured it out!  What causes pancreatitis, besides age?  Or is that it?  Hope she is feeling like her old self soon!
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I am so glad they were able to get the results to you quickly. Sorry it is pancreatitis though. Hope she feels better really soon. ((HUGS)) Barb!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:31 pm
My girl has pancreatitis. She is doing much better today though and ate her breakfast without any issues this morning and was happy to take her meds in chunks of banana. She is getting the right treatment as the Flagyl has helped her and the Pepcid seems to be helping too. She has to just keep eating blandly for a while and if she is better in a few days I can stop the meds. So so far so good. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers for her. I am so relieved that she is doing better.
So happy they found out what is wrong with Twinkie.  Hope she's feeling much better soon!

ImageImage

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I just posted on your Scrap A Day post and so glad it's nothing more serious. It's amazing how many dogs have the same illnesses as humans. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Glad she is doing better. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Still praying for you both! Hoping this is a mild case and she bounces back quickly with the bland food and medicine. And lots of 💕.
Susan

hsblair

Cherry Bing

Sorry I think I missed the original thread.  I hope Twinkie feels better soon.  I heard pancreatitis could be quite painful.
My dog (Benji) also has stomach issues, and I'm suspecting he might have IBD or maybe pancreatitis.  He is constantly on Flagyl, and it seems to clear things up pretty quickly.  It's just that it's been an ongoing issue so I want to get it figured out.  Is Twinkie on anything other than Flagyl and pepcid?
Image Image Image Image

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Awww!!! I’m glad Twinkie is going to be okay!!! I know you’re really relieved!

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

So glad Twinkie is doing better. Will pray she continues to recover.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Oh Barb, I sure hope she gets to feeling better soon! Poor baby and poor you! I know how hard pancreatitis is for dogs Ginger had it when she was just a year old due to dietary indiscretion . She’d go out and eat anything and everything in the yard. She was put on a special food for a while afterwards. 
ImageImage 

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hope she is feeling better soon. And that you got an answer to what was going on.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:43 pm
So glad they figured it out!  What causes pancreatitis, besides age?  Or is that it?  Hope she is feeling like her old self soon!

The vet said sometimes it could be something they ate. Thank you I hope so too. So far today she seemes to be doing better than last night.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:01 pm
I am so glad they were able to get the results to you quickly. Sorry it is pancreatitis though. Hope she feels better really soon. ((HUGS)) Barb!

Thanks Brandy. She seems to be doing ok right now. I'm just letting her rest.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

VickiR wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:10 pm
pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:31 pm
So happy they found out what is wrong with Twinkie.  Hope she's feeling much better soon!

Thank you Vicki. She is resting right now and so far seems to be doing better today.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:14 pm
I just posted on your Scrap A Day post and so glad it's nothing more serious. It's amazing how many dogs have the same illnesses as humans. 

Thank you Chris. Yes it is. I was scared that this could mean there could be something horrible underlying it. My cousin had severe pancreatitis for years and ended up that he had pancreatic cancer. I was scared to ask the vet about it but I did and I was so glad I did because she said they don't see that in dogs. She said in 25 years that she's a vet she's never seen a dog with pancreatic cancer. They don't get that. I was so glad I asked because that worry would have been constantly on my mind. I was really relived to hear that.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

aheatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:39 pm
Glad she is doing better. 

Thank you Kristin.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

suewho372 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:00 pm
Still praying for you both! Hoping this is a mild case and she bounces back quickly with the bland food and medicine. And lots of 💕.

Thank you Susan. Me too.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

hsblair wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:50 pm
Sorry I think I missed the original thread.  I hope Twinkie feels better soon.  I heard pancreatitis could be quite painful.
My dog (Benji) also has stomach issues, and I'm suspecting he might have IBD or maybe pancreatitis.  He is constantly on Flagyl, and it seems to clear things up pretty quickly.  It's just that it's been an ongoing issue so I want to get it figured out.  Is Twinkie on anything other than Flagyl and pepcid?

Thank you Holly. No that is all she is on. Very bland diet too. Her usual kibble, and chicken with rice if she needs some enticing to eat. Labs never, ever need enticing to eat, so that was what was so scary. The vet said just keep it bland, no exotic treats or anything different for now. I hope Benji feels better. We hate seeing our babies sick and not feel well. ((Hugs))

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

GinniG wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:23 pm
Awww!!! I’m glad Twinkie is going to be okay!!! I know you’re really relieved!

Thank you Ginni. Yes I am. I will feel much better when she is totally better.

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee