Re: We are HOME!

Post by blbabe1234 »

Lisn2cats wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 4:01 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 1:44 pm
Lisn2cats wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 1:23 pm
Still learning everyone's IRL names - very happy to hear that the removal went well...prayers for fast healing! Not sure who Jasper is, but keeping him in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Thank you Lis.

Jasper is my 4-year old nephew. He has had several surgeries to bring his jaw out more due to him being diagnosed with Treacher Collins. He had a procedure done yesterday and is also recuperating.

A photo of him and I about 9 months ago:

Oh my goodness - what a cutie pie!!! I’m so sorry he has to endure so much - he’s very brave! Now I can put a face to my prayers (pretend that sentence  made sense!) 

You're good! That made complete sense! :) And thank you for the prayers. He is our little super hero.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1799

Post by aheatfan »

Great news all around- glad to hear it  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:16 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:23 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:49 pm
Thank you to DC Susan for updating y'all. :)

DH's surgery went very well and I'm thankful they got him discharged quickly too. We were out by 10, home by 10:30. He is feeling pretty good, knows not to over do it. He was hungry (LOL...of course). Got him some breakfast and coffee too. He is relaxing, watching TV, playing on his phone.

I've got some emails to tend to, but will call it quits very early. Luckily my client decided to give her staff a 4-day weekend instead of just a 3-day, so I too get to rest from being up early.

Also, talked to my SIL. Jasper is doing well, and he was in a much better mood this morning. He was actually at his speech therapy appt.

We appreciate all the prayers and good vibes sent out way. :)

(((Brandy & Rob))) Glad everything went well. I read the updates on my phone and have been thinking of you guys since yesterday. (I'm not that good at typing on my phone) Hope he feels better and recovery isn't too bad. What's the follow-up treatment? And glad Jasper is doing well too! My lil sweet pea!  
He can't lift anything and has to keep physical activity low, particularly for the left side. The surgeon got the entire cyst (including the sac) from his left shoulder blade.

He can shower tomorrow, and pat the wound dry. He is on one pain medication and it's doing it's thing. Right now anyways. He can go back to work on Tuesday.

I just hope he can sleep tonight.

It sounds like he's on the mend. I'm glad the surgeon got everything - that's so important! How is he feeling now? Has he gone back to work today? Sending good vibes & prayers!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Post by VickiR »

Glad you are home and DH is doing well.   Hope his recovery continues to go well and you get some rest!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 1:07 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:16 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:23 pm

(((Brandy & Rob))) Glad everything went well. I read the updates on my phone and have been thinking of you guys since yesterday. (I'm not that good at typing on my phone) Hope he feels better and recovery isn't too bad. What's the follow-up treatment? And glad Jasper is doing well too! My lil sweet pea!  
He can't lift anything and has to keep physical activity low, particularly for the left side. The surgeon got the entire cyst (including the sac) from his left shoulder blade.

He can shower tomorrow, and pat the wound dry. He is on one pain medication and it's doing it's thing. Right now anyways. He can go back to work on Tuesday.

I just hope he can sleep tonight. 
It sounds like he's on the mend. I'm glad the surgeon got everything - that's so important! How is he feeling now? Has he gone back to work today? Sending good vibes & prayers!

He is feeling AMAZING!!!! WOW! He slept thru the night each and every night. About 9 to 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I'm sure he really needed it too. Which in turn, allowed me to sleep well since Friday night. He hasn't taken any pain meds since the 2 he took Friday (one after he ate breakfast, and another one right before bed). He used to have pain in his left arm, from his shoulder down to his forearm, but hasn't had any pain since the surgery. So I'm guessing that nasty cyst was putting pressure on his nerves.

He was a good boy and relaxed the entire weekend. Watching videos/reels on his phone, checking FB, watching TV, read and even got on his laptop last night to play with some designs he wants to do on his X-Carve.

He went back to work today. Luckily, he has a desk job, so there's no physical labor involved.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Post by Art_Teacher »

So glad everything went well!  I hope you guys had a good weekend. :)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 930

Post by StacyLee »

So glad to hear everything went well! Take it easy….both of you! 
Stacy

ImageImageImage

jordanbev5
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 190

Post by jordanbev5 »

Hope he continues to heal and have no pain but quick healing!! Prayers!
ImageImage
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 1:52 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:

He is feeling AMAZING!!!! WOW! He slept thru the night each and every night. About 9 to 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I'm sure he really needed it too. Which in turn, allowed me to sleep well since Friday night. He hasn't taken any pain meds since the 2 he took Friday (one after he ate breakfast, and another one right before bed). He used to have pain in his left arm, from his shoulder down to his forearm, but hasn't had any pain since the surgery. So I'm guessing that nasty cyst was putting pressure on his nerves.

He was a good boy and relaxed the entire weekend. Watching videos/reels on his phone, checking FB, watching TV, read and even got on his laptop last night to play with some designs he wants to do on his X-Carve.

He went back to work today. Luckily, he has a desk job, so there's no physical labor involved. 

I'm so glad to hear this! And that you both got some well-needed rest! How was his first day back to work? I'm glad he has an office job. That's one of the things I'm worried about whenever I go back to the stadium. Lots of people, sun, and exercise, and nowhere to hide LOL
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 9:49 am
blbabe1234 wrote:
scrappinmom99 wrote:

I'm so glad to hear this! And that you both got some well-needed rest! How was his first day back to work? I'm glad he has an office job. That's one of the things I'm worried about whenever I go back to the stadium. Lots of people, sun, and exercise, and nowhere to hide LOL 
At first it was okay. It was just a regular crazy busy Tuesday after a Holiday. You know how those go sometimes. But then at 2pm, the ac in the office stopped working. Not bad at first...but after 30 minutes...it started to become unbearable. Luckily the ac guy was able to come out and have it fixed by 4pm. But still. So his shirt started to stick to his incision and made him cranky...on top of being hot and he was dealing with a headache. :greenwaiting:  He got home early because he just didn't want to be there anymore. I don't blame him. We had a quiet evening at home...just had a light dinner (we ate a little early too because he was HANGRY) and watched a 4-hr documentary on The Great War that had been on the History Channel during Memorial Day Weekend. Enjoyed watching that.

Here's hoping for a better day today for him!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 11:47 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 9:49 am
blbabe1234 wrote:

At first it was okay. It was just a regular crazy busy Tuesday after a Holiday. You know how those go sometimes. But then at 2pm, the ac in the office stopped working. Not bad at first...but after 30 minutes...it started to become unbearable. Luckily the ac guy was able to come out and have it fixed by 4pm. But still. So his shirt started to stick to his incision and made him cranky...on top of being hot and he was dealing with a headache. :greenwaiting:  He got home early because he just didn't want to be there anymore. I don't blame him. We had a quiet evening at home...just had a light dinner (we ate a little early too because he was HANGRY) and watched a 4-hr documentary on The Great War that had been on the History Channel during Memorial Day Weekend. Enjoyed watching that.

Here's hoping for a better day today for him!

Oh geez, what bad timing for the ac to go out! I cannot say I blame him at all for any of that. Glad he was able to get home early and I totally understand HANGRY! 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “General Talk”