Another procedure for Jasper

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Another procedure for Jasper

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hello cherries! Our little super hero is having ANOTHER procedure tomorrow morning, scheduled for 9am. They will sedate him and (1) do some jaw maneuvers, exercises, etc and (2) a scope to check his airway. The first part is really no big deal. He's had that done already once before, but the 2nd one is. If the ENT sees fit that his airway is wide enough....guess what the next step is? To remove the trach! WE are all so very excited but at the same time, trying to be ready for disappointment. KWIM? He has had a few scopes done and they have all given us some disappointing news. So we are praying, hoping, crossing our fingers and toes and even the dogs' toes! LOL.

With that said, guess who is babysitting the others? ME! I'm going to have baby Anton, Wesley (who turned three this past Saturday) and Mr. Draven! Draven's last day of Kinder is today, so he kicks off his summer vacation with Auntie Brandy! Image

Please keep Jasper and his medical team in your thoughts, and I will update y'all tomorrow when I can. If I can't, either Barb, Susan or Flasher Laura can hook y'all cherries up. :)

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Re: Another procedure for Jasper

Post by DN in MN »

Jasper has been a super trooper!  Thoughts and prayers for his procedures and may the trach be coming out :) 
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

jcsmaestra
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 930

Post by jcsmaestra »

My thoughts and prayers are with Jasper. I pray that you get good news that the trach is coming out.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1393

Post by VickiR »

Bless his little heart.  He sure has been through a lot and deals with it so well.  Prayers for successful procedure tomorrow and hopefully removing his trach.
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1053

Post by pawprints »

Oh I hope so much it will be good news this time and that they can remove his trach! Prayers all goes well for that little Trooper!

Image Image Image

SandyK1967
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 710

Post by SandyK1967 »

Awee, prayers for Jasper! I'm not too familiar with his history but have taken care of patients with a trach/ventilator. Sounds like if it doesn't happen soon he's on his way there. Hope tomorrow brings the best news!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋 Image
~HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY 2024!~
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2866

Post by shoorn »

I sure hope that your will get good news tomorrow. Will keep Jasper in my prayers (added him to my daily prayer list when he had the last procedure).  🙏
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

SandyK1967 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:22 pm
Awee, prayers for Jasper! I'm not too familiar with his history but have taken care of patients with a trach/ventilator. Sounds like if it doesn't happen soon he's on his way there. Hope tomorrow brings the best news!

Thank you Sandy. Jasper was born 5 weeks premature with Treacher Collins Syndrome. It's a disorder that causes deformities of the ears, eyes, cheekbones, and chin. Causes hearing and vision issues, breathing issues and development. When he was 3 days old, they tried to perform a scope but his airway was the width of a pin needle and couldn't do it. He has had numerous surgeries to bring his jaw out more. The last surgery he had (November 2023), they shaved his jaw bone (both sides) to allow him to open his mouth wider. He went from only opening it up 2 cm to 35 cm! He definetly is a trooper! And he will be five in October.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

shoorn wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:32 pm
I sure hope that your will get good news tomorrow. Will keep Jasper in my prayers (added him to my daily prayer list when he had the last procedure).  🙏

Thank you Susan :)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 949

Post by suewho372 »

Praying this one will be the one!!! Praying for him - the surgical team and the entire family!! xxoo
Susan

Nana01
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 95

Post by Nana01 »

Praying for Jasper!!
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2056

Post by MTCanuk »

Surely praying that Jasper can get that trach out.  That would be such a huge deal.  Good luck to you tomorrow with the rest of the troops!  
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1800

Post by aheatfan »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:49 pm
Hello cherries! Our little super hero is having ANOTHER procedure tomorrow morning, scheduled for 9am. They will sedate him and (1) do some jaw maneuvers, exercises, etc and (2) a scope to check his airway. The first part is really no big deal. He's had that done already once before, but the 2nd one is. If the ENT sees fit that his airway is wide enough....guess what the next step is? To remove the trach! WE are all so very excited but at the same time, trying to be ready for disappointment. KWIM? He has had a few scopes done and they have all given us some disappointing news. So we are praying, hoping, crossing our fingers and toes and even the dogs' toes! LOL.

With that said, guess who is babysitting the others? ME! I'm going to have baby Anton, Wesley (who turned three this past Saturday) and Mr. Draven! Draven's last day of Kinder is today, so he kicks off his summer vacation with Auntie Brandy! Image

Please keep Jasper and his medical team in your thoughts, and I will update y'all tomorrow when I can. If I can't, either Barb, Susan or Flasher Laura can hook y'all cherries up. :)

Sending big prayers your way for Jasper and all of you.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 519

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Prayers for sweet Jasper and I pray the medical team is given the knowledge to make all the right decisions! Amen!! 🙏🏻
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 524

Post by SandyJay »

Sending prayers for Jasper and all involved!  
Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 198

Post by Mycreativerootscrafts »

Praying over your sweet little man!!
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
SandyK1967
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 710

Post by SandyK1967 »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:42 pm
SandyK1967 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:22 pm

Thank you Sandy. Jasper was born 5 weeks premature with Treacher Collins Syndrome. It's a disorder that causes deformities of the ears, eyes, cheekbones, and chin. Causes hearing and vision issues, breathing issues and development. When he was 3 days old, they tried to perform a scope but his airway was the width of a pin needle and couldn't do it. He has had numerous surgeries to bring his jaw out more. The last surgery he had (November 2023), they shaved his jaw bone (both sides) to allow him to open his mouth wider. He went from only opening it up 2 cm to 35 cm! He definetly is a trooper! And he will be five in October.

Aweee, thank you for that Brandy! It's unbelievable the disorders that we all have never heard of. He sure is a trooper and has been through so much! I love his name too! "Jasper"! The medical advances have been amazing, prayers for all of you today!!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋 Image
~HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY 2024!~
Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 137

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

Praying for your dear little Jasper, his family and his medical team.  Enjoy caring for the other littles while this all takes place.  I'm sure the waiting will be hard, but those littles will pass the time quickly.  Sending you all love, hugs & prayers.  
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 93

Post by Monroe1218 »

Prayers for sweet Jasper! 
Rebecca

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2464

Post by emmapaige »

Jasper is an amazing little trooper. I think it’s only 8 am right now in Texas so I’m sure you are all counting down the minutes. Prayers for Jasper and his medical team. And for Aunt Brandy handling 3 little boys! 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Return to “General Talk”