Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Re: old scrapbook tools
Oh, I just remembered I also have a ribbon threader punch -- I'm not sure if that's old enough to include, but I'm pretty sure I got that in 2010!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I got rid of my deco scissors ages ago but I still have the WRMK SewEasy. I know it's at least a decade old
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

It's not a tool but I came across my VersaMark ink pad the other day.  It will definitely need a few drops of the refill bottle if I needed to use it. (found the refill bottle too). Any of you still use VersaMark ink? I bought it for cards in the 90's maybe.
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:16 am
tmp718 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:36 am
I still have and use a corner rounder I got in 2000. I also have several pairs of deco edge scissors I have had for 15+ years that I don't use very often.

I use my corner rounder all the time and hadn't really thought of it as an "old tool" but I guess it is LOL!

Same here!!!
Susan

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I have the old CM cutting system too and an old WRMK cutting system for all kinds of fancy edges with the magnetic mat tgst went with it. Lots of punches I don’t think of them as old lol!
Susan

Flasher

Cherry Crush

I don't know if this counts as a tool, but I also remembered I have this bigger sized wooden stamp with built in "rails" and it came with 100 rubber letters and numbers that you would use to create your own message stamp.  I remember the first few times I used it -- everything was backwards!

Now that I'm talking about it, I can't believe I still have that.  I definitely bought that in the 90's at what used to be Pat Catans!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

JAire

Cherry Bomb

Since I have been scrapping for sooo many years, everything I have is OLD! 
I have many punches (17 or 18 years) that I often use.
I still use a kit I bought from SU many years ago, probably 20 years, that I use for setting eyelets, punching holes for edgings, plyers and tweezers, too. Even the hammer comes in handy for not crafting jobs.
I use my Big Shot from SU all the time.
I have 2 Deco scissors I use occasionally, one is to make a postage stamp shape.
This tool isn't around anymore but I use fairly often. It is used to make large circles. It is a set of plastic templates that are used with a circle cutter to work inside or outside of the templates by Fiskars.  Still use these even though I recently bought the CM Circle Cutter - learning curve hasn't been perfected just yet, though.
Yea, I'm old!!
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

JAire

Cherry Bomb

joannie wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:13 pm
It's not a tool but I came across my VersaMark ink pad the other day.  It will definitely need a few drops of the refill bottle if I needed to use it. (found the refill bottle too). Any of you still use VersaMark ink? I bought it for cards in the 90's maybe.
Yes, frequently. I do a lot of embossing, still.
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

VALERIE 03/22

Cherry Bomb

I HAVE A CORNER ROUNDER FROM CREATIVE MEMORIES ACTUALLY I HAVE 2 OF THEM IN CASE 1 BREAKS.......... I USE IT ALL THE TIME......... I ALSO HAVE THE SUNFLOWER DECO SCISSORS I GOT FROM MY WISHLIST THAT 1 OF THE LADIES GOT FOR ME FOR THE ENVIE SIGN-UPS......................I ALSO HAVE A CROP O DIAL BUT MINE HAS A 12 INCH REACH AND RARELY USE IT............ I ALSO HAVE THE CREATIVE MEMORIES SYSTEM THAT I ALSO RARELY USE................ ANNE-MARIE WHEN I FIND MY CIRCLES YOU CAN HAVE THEM, THEY ARE IN MY RUMMAGE SALE STUFF....................... VALERIE

ScrappyRN74

Sweet Cherry Pie

I have my old eyelet setter and hammer which I do not use. I also have a crop-o-dile which I only use to punch holes. I don't use the eyelet setter on it. I do have several crimpers and deco edge scissors that I use with my Kiwi Lane templates. I like the peek of a deco edge coming out from my borders to give it some layers. I have a Xyron sticker maker that I do not use along with a bunch of punches and stamps.
Whatever you choose to do, leave tracks. That means don’t do it just for yourself. You will want to leave the world a little better for your having lived.” RBG

:) Trisha

ImageImageImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I have an eyelet setter....maybe haven't used it in 10 years!  I have embossing powders and heat gun and I haven't used it in at least 5 years.  I have a Sizzix and bunches of dies that I haven't used since last summer  I have a Slice that I haven't used since last summer.  I have a Fiskars embossing tool for paper embossing that I haven't used in years....the list goes on!  It's sad, really.  I guess I need to challenge myself to paper scrap and use these things gathering dust in my studio!
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Amy Jo

Cherry Bing

I still have a crimper that I use every so often, deco edge scissors and punches (that all need to be replaced!), a QuicKutz hand die-cutting tool, and the original Cricut cutting machine! I have a Cricut Explore Air 2 but cannot let go of the QuicKutz or the original...too many good memories with them LOL
ImageImageImage

blfonty

Cherry Cola

I still use the Coluzzle cutting system especially for layered circles and have a hand-me-down Creative Memories cutting system that I really don't use. My Making Memories eyelet setter with little hammer is still around - mostly because I still have a stash of eyelets. I have an EK Success paper trimmer with interchangeable blades so I don't have any deco edge scissors. I love my Quickutz dies and when my machine recently broke I bought a new WRMK die cutting machine that I need to try out. It's supposed to be compatible with QK dies. 

Does anyone have one of those hole poker, piercing tools? Mine was from Bazzill I think. I do use it to make a small hole when I'm threading twine through layers of paper on a page. I use a dental floss threader to pull twine through the little hole. 
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Sara Scraps

Cherry Bing

Creative Memories circle cutter! And, yes, I still use it!

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Amy Jo wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:37 pm
I still have a crimper that I use every so often, deco edge scissors and punches (that all need to be replaced!), a QuicKutz hand die-cutting tool, and the original Cricut cutting machine! I have a Cricut Explore Air 2 but cannot let go of the QuicKutz or the original...too many good memories with them LOL
I have gone to crops where the wifi is poor. So I can't use my Cricut Maker.  So I have had to pack my trusty handheld pink Quickutz die cutter! It's an Oldy but goody!

- joannie

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

blfonty wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:20 pm
I still use the Coluzzle cutting system especially for layered circles and have a hand-me-down Creative Memories cutting system that I really don't use. My Making Memories eyelet setter with little hammer is still around - mostly because I still have a stash of eyelets. I have an EK Success paper trimmer with interchangeable blades so I don't have any deco edge scissors. I love my Quickutz dies and when my machine recently broke I bought a new WRMK die cutting machine that I need to try out. It's supposed to be compatible with QK dies. 

Does anyone have one of those hole poker, piercing tools? Mine was from Bazzill I think. I do use it to make a small hole when I'm threading twine through layers of paper on a page. I use a dental floss threader to pull twine through the little hole. 
Bonnie, I do still have and use my paper piercer! I used it to pierce holes in my paper when I hand sew on my layouts! 

- joannie

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Talk about memory lane!!! Lolol!

I still have the eyelet hammer set too. AND the Making Memories hole puncher. It’s still in the original packaging too but that won’t last much longer. I hear the punch for brads and stitching.

I have some old Creative Memories punches and the curvy trimmer. I use those occasionally.

I also have the original Cropadile. I mostly use that for punching holes in tags and such. Just used it on both of the interactive albums I made.

Got rid of my crumpet and deco scissors when we moved up here in 2016.

And of course I have quite a few old punches including a ribbon threader but no clue when I used it last…

DrSonja

Cherry Berry

My eyelet setter was originally for leather projects--from Tandy. Then I got into paper crafts LOL.
I gave the deco scissors to the nieces years ago, along with my Barbie doll house!
I use my Big Shot all the time. Mostly with the thin dies but still have some of those thick rubber cushioned dies. I have some metal texture plates that are "tiny" (3"x4") that I rarely use. They really only seem to work for card sized accents, not useful at all. Should toss them or 💡 use them on a grunge multi-media project (I just thought of that as I am typing this-waste not, want not). I use the pokey tool for intricate die cuts, punching holes for stitching designs on paper and guiding thread into eyelet holes.
I have Martha Stewart border punches and a stamp set that you put individual letters into with tweezers. I use her score board daily.
My corner rounder is one of those squeeze Fiskars models, it never did get the corners straight so I should chuck it, too.
Heat gun, embossing powder and Versamark are my favorite ways to stamp sentiments for cards. I also use embossing powder for mixed media. Love embossing powder accents on the edges of torn paper for distress projects.
Image  Image 

condo

Cherry Bomb

joannie wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:12 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:30 am
I have a set of eyelet setters still. I also have an embossing stylus and a Coluzzle knife. My Coluzzle templates have all broken though. I would love to find a Creative Memories circle cutting set. The last time I used my eyelet setters were to put more holes in DD's belt, hahaha!!!
If I don't want to drag out my cricut to cut a large circle I will use my Coluzzle circle set!! I will be sad when I can't find a blade for the knife!

where do you find blades? I need a new mat as well. love my coluzzles. 
condo

mperricel

Cherry Blossom

I love my "old" tools... Since I have not bought tools in a long time, I guess I am an old school scrapbooker!lol

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee