Rebecca

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Re: Florida Cherries Check-In
StacyLeeD wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:19 am
emmapaige wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:50 am
Thanks for checking in. I believe Karen C. Is near Stacy. I hope she stays safe too. 

I checked in with Karen and heard from her this morning. She evacuated to the other coast and is safe, I’m so relieved because it’s projected to hit her area the worst. She’s about 45 minutes north of me 

Thanks so much for the update Stacy.  Please stay safe!!  HUGS!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

StacyLeeD wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:19 am
emmapaige wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:50 am
Thanks for checking in. I believe Karen C. Is near Stacy. I hope she stays safe too. 

I checked in with Karen and heard from her this morning. She evacuated to the other coast and is safe, I’m so relieved because it’s projected to hit her area the worst. She’s about 45 minutes north of me 

So glad to hear that!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Gail R

Cherry Garcia

Stay safe Florida cherries.  Thinking of all of you.  
Gail

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

thinking of all of you FL cherries!!!  glad it seems that everyone is ok so far!  hugs and prayers

JAire

Cherry Bomb

Checking in from Palm Bay (just south of Melbourne). The local biggest concern is flooding. Since I'm more inland I've not had issues in the past with flooding, there is a canal behind me, too. There will be wind, so all loose yard items are in. 
All prayers for us Floridians are appreciated! 
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

Rachel Kent

ACOT Employee

Thinking of you Florida cherries! Stay safe!

blfonty

Cherry Cola

Hoping our Florida Cherries stay safe and Hurricane Ian moves out faster than expected. Let us hear from you when you are able.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

DrSonja

Cherry Berry

I just saw Cape Coral on the weather channel with streets underwater. I hope there were no people in the cars floating down the street. This looks like a horrid storm. Climate change has certainly announced itself in multiple ways. Take care, Cherries. 
Image  Image 

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

Thinking of all you cherries in Florida! This thing looks massive and it looks like at least the edges reach out over the entire state. Stay safe!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Stay safe all my Florida Cherry friends and your families. I am thinking of you. I have an Uncle and Aunt in Sarasota and hoping they are safe.

ImageImage Image Image  

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Checking in from Miami. Winds have died down dramatically and it's no longer raining...we are safe. Waiting to hear the damage from my brother. He texted at 4 am that physically he is ok. I was so very worried for him. Praying that all other Florida cherries and families and friends of Florida cherries are safe as well. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

aheatfan wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:44 am
Checking in from Miami. Winds have died down dramatically and it's no longer raining...we are safe. Waiting to hear the damage from my brother. He texted at 4 am that physically he is ok. I was so very worried for him. Praying that all other Florida cherries and families and friends of Florida cherries are safe as well. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

Glad you're okay. I've been thinking of everyone who is in/around where Ian made landfall.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

StacyLeeD wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:00 am
Hey Brandy, checking in at 9:00 am 🤗. I’m in Cape Coral, which is near Ft. Myers. We’re expecting the worst of the storm for us to hit about noon. Local news is estimating wind gusts at 100 mph at that time. Not lying, this one has me more concerned than previous hurricanes simply for the direction it’s coming at us. There’s no land it’s crossing before it gets here to lessen it. This time yesterday we were treating patients and expecting it to land in Tampa, but that’s why it’s so important to be prepared. Our shutters are up and we did upgrade our generator earlier this year. Hoping every Cherry down here, or those of you with family here, are safe!
[/quote
Stacey my cousin is in Cape Coral as well. I can't get an answer, she just moved there a few months ago and has had a lot of issues back in Kentucky (home to her), including her brother with end stage cancer and her mom dying. I'm hoping she answers soon!

Everyone please stay safe! I was in a flood (Tropical storm Lee in2011) that took everything but my life and furbabies. I learned that was all that really mattered!

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

JAire wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:56 pm
Checking in from Palm Bay (just south of Melbourne). The local biggest concern is flooding. Since I'm more inland I've not had issues in the past with flooding, there is a canal behind me, too. There will be wind, so all loose yard items are in. 
All prayers for us Floridians are appreciated! 

I was just combing through the messages to see if you checked in! I'm still praying for everyone there!

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Praying you are all still well sweet cherries!!
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Continued thoughts for Stacy . . . hope she and her family are OK.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Laura wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:48 pm
Continued thoughts for Stacy . . . hope she and her family are OK.

Yes, they are probably without power right now. Hoping they are ok. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

Ashjoy

Cherry Bomb

I hope everyone is safe.  Today is a heartbreaking day I am sure.  Continued safety prayers for all.  
Joyce 

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Of course, all Florida Cherries are in my thoughts. 

I only mentioned Stacy because she seemed to be right in the bullseye.  😢
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee