Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Mathandlit

Cherry Picker

Re: Feeling lost...
I am so sorry. My father passed away in March of this year, so I have some idea of how you feel. All of the COVID stuff made things harder, especially since it prevented us from holding a true funeral due to social distancing restrictions.  

Gail R

Cherry Garcia

So sorry for your loss.  You are in my thoughts and prayers. 
Gail

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

i am horrible with responding to others when this happens--so i apologize.......having lost both my parents now i feel deeply for you!  it is so life changing...huge hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

So sorry for the loss of your Father.  Hugs and prayers to you.
 Image ImageImage

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Ann, So sorry on such a very big loss.  It does leave a huge hole in your heart.  Hopefully you have lots of photos and wonderful memories to get you through the hard times.  Hugs.  
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

VALERIE 03/22

Cherry Bomb

HUGS & PRAYERS TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY DURING YOUR TIME OF NEED... GOD BLESS.... VALERIE

Yankeegirl

Cherry Cola

Oh, I’m so sorry to read this. The loss of a parent leaves a hole on your heart. Please take time to grieve, take care of yourself, and know that we all will welcome you back whenever you’re ready. Sending prayers of strength for you.
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      

Barb Van

Cherry Blossom

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers of comfort and peace to all.
ImageImage          Image

blfonty

Cherry Cola

My sincere sympathies to you and your family. Big HUGS!!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

(((Hugs))) I'm so sorry for your loss, Ann (((hugs)))).  It is so painful to lose a parent. Because we are also Irish I will quote my dad's prayer card "Grieve not...nor speak of me with tears...but laugh and talk of me...as though I were beside you. I loved you so...twas Heaven here with you." My heartfelt prayers for you and your dad and your family at this time. xoxo
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

shoorn

Cherry Cola

So sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a parent. I didn't make it in time when my Mom died and felt bereft so I know what you mean. Saying prayers for you and your family. 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Ann, just be there for your Mom, but realize you have to be there for YOU too.  I thought when I lost my mom it was the worst that could happen, even though I still had Dad.  Trust me, there's nothing like losing them both.  The day - eight years later - that he went "on ahead" - which is what I like to call it, they don't "pass" anywhere, they don't "die", they are in heaven, so I say they "went on ahead" -  but still I miss the dearly.  It's been almost twenty years for Dad and 25 for Mom.  Hug your mother, and know your dad is fine.  Love you!

sherriscraps

Sweet Cherry Pie

I'm sorry for your loss  Prayers for you and your family.
Retired, scrapping and happy!
Sherri 

debraruffing

Sweet Cherry Pie

beachlover wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:36 pm
My dad became an angel early Saturday morning while DH and I were in MI to celebrate our 5th anniversary.  We got the call at 6 am Saturday that his breathing had become labored.  I was under the impression that it was good that he was sleeping, had not become conscious since he went into hosp on Tuesday.  It was his body's way of healing.  Otherwise, we would have cancelled our trip.  I wanted to.  DH talked me into going, has been worried about me being alone so much with my recent retirement and his increasing work load.  So he wanted to take me to see my cousins, and aunt and uncle for the weekend.  But we could not get back in time to say goodbye.  My aunt and uncle and some cousins have come to NJ so we are all workig together to get things done, sharing memories and lots of wine (we are Irish, you know!).  It has helped, but there is still a great big hole in my heart.  So, I have not been around for a few days and not sure how I will feel day-to-day.  So far I am keeping myself busy cooking and DH go to my mom's every night for dinner, and spending time as a family.  Once the services are over on Saturday, I think that is when it will all hit us.  A few thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated!!!   

Ann you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict

ImageImage  ImageImageImage

debraruffing

Sweet Cherry Pie

sherelm wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:16 pm
Ann, just be there for your Mom, but realize you have to be there for YOU too.  I thought when I lost my mom it was the worst that could happen, even though I still had Dad.  Trust me, there's nothing like losing them both.  The day - eight years later - that he went "on ahead" - which is what I like to call it, they don't "pass" anywhere, they don't "die", they are in heaven, so I say they "went on ahead" -  but still I miss the dearly.  It's been almost twenty years for Dad and 25 for Mom.  Hug your mother, and know your dad is fine.  Love you!

I miss my parents so much too.  My Mama died in 2004 from a hospital mistake that no lawyer would help my Daddy with.  It was the wrong person's blood transfusion.  She had no band from blood bank or name band for the transfusion.  That was Thanksgiving eve and she died on March 25, 2004.  My Daddy died August 11, 2011.  God just came and said it was time to go home.  He was not sick.  I cry often for them and miss them so much.  It is very hard this summer.  I have coped by going on road trips and vacations and can not do that now with corona.  It is very hard on me and I have had to struggle this year.
Debra R. 

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Ann. 
Image Image ImageImage

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

druffing wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:39 am
sherelm wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:16 pm

I miss my parents so much too.  My Mama died in 2004 from a hospital mistake that no lawyer would help my Daddy with.  It was the wrong person's blood transfusion.  She had no band from blood bank or name band for the transfusion.  That was Thanksgiving eve and she died on March 25, 2004.  My Daddy died August 11, 2011.  God just came and said it was time to go home.  He was not sick.  I cry often for them and miss them so much.  It is very hard this summer.  I have coped by going on road trips and vacations and can not do that now with corona.  It is very hard on me and I have had to struggle this year.  
I am so sorry Debra. Many ((hugs)) to you. This December will be 6 years for my dad.

ImageImage Image Image  

debraruffing

Sweet Cherry Pie

Thank you Barb.  I appreciate your kindness.  I can't keep my blood pressure under control lately because of stress.  We are selling my parents home after a total renovation by husband and daughter.  I must go see it and photograph it before it goes on the market.  I am just worried about everything.  Ugh.  

My December Daily from last year is driving me crazy but it is a rule that I never start the next year until this one is done...nor do I order anything for the new year.

I am trying to figure out my Reason Why...the struggle is real for this!

Did I say I write?

So what is wrong with me?  Last year was wonderful!  I think...

Debra

Debra R. 

MerryScraps67

Cherry Picker

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  Please take comfort in your family & all of your good memories.  Sounds like your Dad was a special Dad and filled your life with wonderful moments.  I will be praying for you for peace of mind and much comfort.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee