Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

here we go again??
so yesterday i did my big groc shopping for July...............

walmart and local groc store were pretty much OUT of any tp and paper towels  paper plates were non existent
no bleach wipes etc
laundry soap etc was sparse
meat prices had jumped...........

its like its starting all over...LOL

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: here we go again??
Yep! People paniced. AGAIN!

Our local grocery store had zero TP two weeks ago, but luckily its re-stocked again. And there are limits on those items. AGAIN. Got lucky finding paper towels today and kleenexs are and have been fine. Not sure about Clorox wipes or Lysol as we are still well stocked from our Sam's club trip back in February.

Haven't noticed meat prices up (yet??). But pasta and rice are nilch and oddly enough....Pistachios. DH likes to crack 'em and snack on them when he's home on longer weekends. Got lucky on finding the one bag I did. Weird...
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Donna_Coughlin

Sweet Cherry Pie

craziness, I just want normalacy!!
Donna
ImageImageImage

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Yep! Here too- today they had small stock of TP but when I went a few days ago it was all gone. I went early so that I’m sure helps. But it is nothing like the old days ( a few short months ago).
Susan

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

really???  again?  I've just notice how expensive the meat has been for the last two months or more here.  Good thing had stocked up on TP a few weeks ago - yeeesshh!

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

This drives me crazy!  It is all the news media's fault, I swear!  They keep freaking people out. Instead of reporting all the numbers they pick the ones they want to focus on that make it seem so much worse. Ughhh...  Meat prices and milk prices have already been high here in the Midwest, since they shut down a couple packing plants.  But, the basic supplies were getting restocked.  So annoying!
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:23 pm
This drives me crazy!  It is all the news media's fault, I swear!  They keep freaking people out. Instead of reporting all the numbers they pick the ones they want to focus on that make it seem so much worse. Ughhh...  Meat prices and milk prices have already been high here in the Midwest, since they shut down a couple packing plants.  But, the basic supplies were getting restocked.  So annoying!

i found it really odd...our numbers have been staying fairly low but allllllllllllll around us is like a fireworks show.........but not close enough they would be wiping out our stores...LOL
i do expect in the next couple of weeks to see some limits (there are some in place still) happen tho regarding paper products and meat again

so a nice chunk of my next paycheck will go to buying some extra of the things that were hard to come by last round...ugh

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I scored some Charmain TP today but no Clorox wipes or spray.  Luckily I still have a couple of bottles of almost full Lysol spray.  I picked up Pistachios during my last grocery store visit and they were well stocked.  

I think some of you gals are in states where the cases are on the rise so maybe that's why I can find some of the stuff you can.  I have a feeling though that this won't last for long since are country is in the green and even permitting indoor dining.  No thanks - even though I am sick and tired of cooking, I don't want to take that chance.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

ernstem

Cherry Cola

We can find TP and cleaning supplies easily. However...hand soap is SO sparse!! So while we did a quick run this morning I grabbed 3 bottles from the very tiptop shelf (I stood on the lower one and had my DS spot me!)
Meat prices went up last week here. So that will affect our weekly meal planning. We've been watching prices as we grocery shop and will adjust accordingly. 

Aztam

Cherry Bing

Oh no, hubs is going shopping tomorrow morning, so hopefully he will not see what you are seeing. We need fresh produce more than anything RN. But we had thought last week we should get another Costco TP case. Hoping he can find ribs for the 4th but no guarantees as we waited until the last minute. 

Fingers crossed...
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Same here.... I was able to get my parents a big pack of toilet paper yesterday - not the brand they prefer, but it will do the job.  Meat prices are crazy here - and have been for the last couple of weeks.  Thankfully, we stocked our freezers and Mom and Dad's freezers before all of this started, so we are still good on meat.  No Lysol/Clorox wipes, no Lysol laundry sanitizer (I like to use this on my clothes since I work at the hospital....) no Caffeine Free Coke in a can?  Bleach, hand soap, dish soap (stuff like Dawn and dishwasher stuff), dog food, cat litter.... all majorly limited if it's there at all.  I took 2 days off next week - hoping to get to some more out of the way stores and find stuff that I can't find around the closer stores!
Rebecca

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

We were to the grocery store this morning and everything was well stocked...paper towels, toilet paper, tissues, meat, etc.  There was disnfectant household sprays, but not the Lysol brand.  Lots of hand sanitizer and masks too.  We haven't had a huge issue the past few months.

ImageImage

koala1966

Cherry Delight

Shoot, I did not realize we were going to have panic buying again - don't people still have stuff from the last round? Guess I'd better go back to being on the lookout for hard to find items. Thanks for the heads up.

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

We've been pretty well stocked at our stores. I think the limits have helped. Our state is hellbent on fully opening so fingers crossed!! I have been able to stockpile Clorox wipes and lysol for my business so I guess id better get a little more TP. Our pantry and freezers are always full...I guess I'm a food hoarder. Lol I grew up with depression era parents so... I don't think this is even close to being over so I'm just settling in to our new normal.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Ok, my area must be in some weird twilight zone, because since this started in March, there have been NO WIPES of any kind available -- not Lysol, not Clorox, not store brand.  ZERO!  I just started a cart today and I check all three local stores -- none.   TP and PT are still around.

Yes, it's starting all over again.  I knew this was going to happen.  As soon as they started doing openings, most people thought "Cool, it's over!"  My neighborhood is FULL of people not social distancing, not wearing masks, hosting graduation parties all over the place.  And guess what?  Our relatively low numbers are surging.  Ohio was doing so good.  But then the our Health Director started getting death threats, our Governor started to cave fearing lawsuits, and people started getting complacent.  I don't know why people have such a problem with these protocols.  It's a mask for crap's sake.  No one's asking you to microchip yourself.  😠   People wear Off to protect themselves from mosquitos, people put on bandages to protect their wounds, people wear sunglasses to protect their eyes.  But, ask them to wear a mask to protect not only themselves but others, and that crosses a line. 

Stepping away.  I'm in a foul mood today and the escalation of this stuff is really depressing me.  Deeply.  I miss my mom.  :greensad:
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Laura wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:44 pm
Ok, my area must be in some weird twilight zone, because since this started in March, there have been NO WIPES of any kind available -- not Lysol, not Clorox, not store brand.  ZERO!  I just started a cart today and I check all three local stores -- none.   TP and PT are still around.

Yes, it's starting all over again.  I knew this was going to happen.  As soon as they started doing openings, most people thought "Cool, it's over!"  My neighborhood is FULL of people not social distancing, not wearing masks, hosting graduation parties all over the place.  And guess what?  Our relatively low numbers are surging.  Ohio was doing so good.  But then the our Health Director started getting death threats, our Governor started to cave fearing lawsuits, and people started getting complacent.  I don't know why people have such a problem with these protocols.  It's a mask for crap's sake.  No one's asking you to microchip yourself.  😠   People wear Off to protect themselves from mosquitos, people put on bandages to protect their wounds, people wear sunglasses to protect their eyes.  But, ask them to wear a mask to protect not only themselves but others, and that crosses a line. 

Stepping away.  I'm in a foul mood today and the escalation of this stuff is really depressing me.  Deeply.  I miss my mom.  :greensad:

Preach sister! Things are exactly JUST LIKE you described here in South Texas. Everybody and their momma invited everyone and their momma to Grad parties and having huge get togethers on Father's Day. Our numbers went from less than 300 cases 2 weeks ago to over 2000 total! Our county ain't that big! Almost half is rural! And its rumor its those darn out of towners who came down to our beaches and partied it up like there was no tomorrow! Go spread the disease in your own backyard!

Our County Judge finally mandated masks last weekend.

And hugs on missin' your momma
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I think the # of infected ppl has started going up again from Florida up to at least NC.  We were all scheduled to go to NC last weekend for a race and 2 days before, the state closed everything down again for 3 more weeks.  In NJ we were supposed to be opening restaurants for indoor seating, but our Governor pulled the plug at the last minute - literally!!!  Yes, I am worried that it will all start back up again before it really ends...  Ugh!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Laura wrote:

It’s exploding here in MT.  Folks are so selfish!!  Open the door a little and people think it is all gone- NOT!!!!  I wish the state would backtrack a little.  City did cancel the parade just yesterday, though!!

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Laura wrote:

MIC DROP!
so sorry you are missing your momma

traveler

Cherry Cola

I have not been able to get Lysol spray this whole time and I am out. We got wipes and hand sanitizer from Amazon. Took a month to come, but now they are here. Some people here do wear masks, but some don’t. Like Ann said, things are ok in NJ at this time, and our governor seems to be cautious with opening but we’ll see, this is a big weekend for the Jersey shore.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee