Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

holiday weekend plans??
with all that is going on....do you still have holiday weekend plans?

we really never do anything special for this weekend but relax and reflect...so im sure this year will be no different.  I am hoping to get the pool closer to being ready to open but i need filter sand and i keep missing it in stock on amazon--so maybe this next week i can hit it right

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: holiday weekend plans??
We are the same as ya'll - never truly have plans. Just a well deserved 3 day weekend for DH and I. We do have to take the youngins for their annual exam and shots tomorrow morning. I'm curious how much they weigh now. Jazzy was 81 lbs last year. At 2 1/2 years old! Eeek! And The Shelbster came in at 69 lbs.

We are expected to get rain all day Sunday and most of Monday, so if that's the case, I'll be in and scrappin'! DH had some things he wanted to do outside, but with the rain...not sure. I've got some things he can do inside though. Keep him busy!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:41 pm
We are the same as ya'll - never truly have plans. Just a well deserved 3 day weekend for DH and I. We do have to take the youngins for their annual exam and shots tomorrow morning. I'm curious how much they weigh now. Jazzy was 81 lbs last year. At 2 1/2 years old! Eeek! And The Shelbster came in at 69 lbs.

We are expected to get rain all day Sunday and most of Monday, so if that's the case, I'll be in and scrappin'! DH had some things he wanted to do outside, but with the rain...not sure. I've got some things he can do inside though. Keep him busy!

you just prompted me to check out weather...weeeeeeeeeeeee

thunderstorms on sat sun and mon  rain on tues and wed.................yeah  guess we better mow today  LOL

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

no plans.  when dd was young, we used to invite older neighborhood couple and have picnic on back deck.  i used to decorate and make a special meal and dessert.  but, she got Dementia and they moved 6 or more years ago and dd is 19 now.  i miss the days when I decorated for the holidays...house is not on street, so no one sees us except the delivery people and us.  lost my ambition to decorate.

I have many things I can do on our 4 day weekend, then it is back to school driving for 3 days, then off for the Summer!!!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

No big plans here, either! Suppose to be rainy tomorrow. Maybe a drive to the mountains. Dd and her crew will be off camping, so they aren’t around either!

I would love to visit my other DD in Seattle, but they are still pretty shut down over there.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

traveler

Cherry Cola

Usually one or both of my kids have sports this weekend which we enjoy watching. This year, it has all been canceled, so absolutely no plans.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

Never really make plans over this weekend.  We normally and will again this year, get the flower beds cleaned out and do whatever is necessary to make them look presentable to the public, lol.  BF may go fishing and may or may not go with..  I may just stay home and scrap.   Nothing exciting at all :)
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

beachlover

Cherry Addict

well it is pretty much raining cats and dogs here, and tomorrow we are due "thunderstorms" so I may need to cancel the barbeque we had planned for tomorrow with our friends Courtney and Bryan but may see if they are free Monday instead; that way we can celebrate my retirement and Bryan getting a job with DH.  But that means a trip to the grocery store...
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Mommyof5

Sweet Cherry Pie

I never make plans for holiday weekends like this. We get invited to several BBQs, and sometimes we will go as long as we can be gone by 8 or 9 pm. I live smack dab in the heart of a town that was formerly known for high accident rates during the holidays...people down here think it’s ok to drink/drug and drive. We now have a fantastic Constable who has gained control... but I’m still not a fan of being out on our roads... old habits are hard to break.
I have instilled it into my kids that nothing “good” happens after midnight. Lol
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

No plans here either. I usually spend the Memorial Day Weekend working in the yard and planting flowers. Well I have no flowers to plant. I don't know when I'll be able to get any. But the weeds, well they are all over. We are supposed to have rain tomorrow but maybe after that I will go out and weed. It's no fun as it is, but less fun with I have no flowers to put in. I hope I can get some flowers this year.

ImageImage Image Image  

lissahope26

Cherry Garcia

My hubs and son are going on a canoe day trip with scouts tomorrow.  That should be fun.  We had purchased tickets to go to Ship Island in Mississippi via the ferry for Monday but just got an email that Ship Island will remain closed that day.  Super bummer to have that cancelled at the last minute. 
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

We will be heading out at dawn, going to the mountains. We figure everyone will be coming to the beach for the long weekend, so out we go. Will be on the hunt for some waterfalls too. Tomorrow is dil'S birthday, so they will be heading out with us! Have a great weekend cherries!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

No real holiday plans here this weekend. DD and I have tons of work to do for school / freelance. I'm in a bit of a funk, I'm sure a lot of people are. Usually we have our "family meeting" about all the things we would like to do over the summer. DH still wants to have the meeting but for what? We don't even know what's going to be "allowed" or open at any point yet. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Nope, none, zippo!  Follow the leaders here...no plans for the weekend.  DH is golfing on Sunday, so that's a free day for me in my craft space!
    ImageImage

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

we never have plans; we usually stay home and maybe DH will cook out.  I usually just scrap the weekend as much as I can.  I have Tuesday off too to take the doxie to her yearly vet visit.

koala1966

Cherry Delight

It's unusual for us, but honestly no plans yet. We've been kicking around a few ideas, I don't know if we'll settle on anything but if we do it will be very local. We cancelled all of our plans through the end of June, and we haven't yet felt ready to start making new ones. Today we had to go get DH's tire fixed after we both got off work and it felt like a big [scary] outing for us. He goes to work, I work from home, and we go shopping once a week for groceries and essentials. It's such a radical departure from our norm, we keep our calendar pretty full and know what we're doing a year in advance most times. Right now, not so much. At the moment it looks like our highlight will finally be watching Rocketman, the DVD just came in the mail from Netflix.

Duchess72

Cherry Tart

Jut the hubby and I here at the compound.... nothing really exciting, perhaps going to the flightline so David can get in some flying, other than that, staying inside because it's going to be hotter than blue blazes. I'm so not a summer person....unless I have access to a pool and cold fruity drinks, I'll be in my studio with the air conditioning blasting and trying to get some of the photos I printed for scrapbooked. because nothing got done that day except re-organizing the craft room.
Be you, not them - the Duchess of Sassy Town .... 
I podcast about crafty stuff and encourage others ....
Image Image

Aztam

Cherry Bing

We haven't planned anything this year (obviously)! We are just taking it easy at home. Doing a few projects and making plans for changes in the backyard. Wishing the pool water was tepid enough to jump in, but I will have to wait a month!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee