Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Thanksgiving plans
Are you cooking? Are you celebrating the holiday on a different day? Who's shopping? What are you all doing?

We're going to the in-laws for lunch and playing games in the afternoon. I'm Black Friday shopping on Friday with  my nieices and DD. On Saturday my brother and mom will be over our house for lunch (meatloaf) and more games! Image

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Re: Thanksgiving plans
We're heading to my parents for dinner tomorrow.  I have ZERO to do this year.  I'm not hosting this year and I don't even have to bring anything to dinner (although I did make an assortment of rolls and cornbread earlier today).  I feel like a total slacker compared to the other Cherries working their hearts out getting everything cooked and cleaned and prepared.  I'm just sitting around loafing until it's time to eat.  Image

We usually play board games after dinner, too.  This year we're throwing Pictionary into the mix.  That will be fun since I can't draw at all.  I'm a great crafter, but can't draw for anything!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher

Cherry Crush

BTW, Snoopy is on right now.  Just a few minutes ago he served his feast of toast, popcorn, pretzels, and jelly beans.  Image
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

We always go to my grandma's farm. I made desserts today and will help with prep tomorrow at her house. I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving, we spend the entire day together as a family. I will be doing some shopping on Friday.

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

have fun with all your plans!
I am making a parred down version of my big turkey day dinner...no pressures tho...planning on having it done by 4....I have the things that can be done ahead of time done..so tomorrow should be pretty chill....college dd wont be here...oldest dd and her lil family will stop by at some point..but his family is pressuring them..so I threw my hands up and said its okay..stop by when you can
DH will spend the day watching John Wayne movies im sure on AMC..lol
im not a black Friday shopper--im already fairly done with my shopping--altho I did place an order here the other day..and lucky me I guess..it fell into the 'smart post' hole and well it wont be here til Dec 2nd..LOL  weeeeeeeee

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

We are going to my sister for an Early Thanksgiving Dinner.  I have to make Rolls and cook a pie in the morning.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

cat1393

Cherry Cola

Boys and I are spending Thanksgiving w/ my mom! Will be the 4 of us, and we all can't wait :) no bickering niece and nephew!

Christine

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Laura wrote:BTW, Snoopy is on right now.  Just a few minutes ago he served his feast of toast, popcorn, pretzels, and jelly beans.  Image
LOL!! I saw that it was on...not fan of the Thanksgiving show. Charlie Brown Christmas has always been my fave!!Image
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

We have some of the grandkids staying over a few days beginning last night. We're having our Thanksgiving get together on Sunday since DH is working today. Some have shopping plans, but I won't be in the stores til next week!!  I am NOT a Black Friday Shopper!!    

Also, we'll be going to MIL's on Friday evening for her get together.

I did place my ACOT order on Tuesday. A little birthday gift to me. Image
Image Image ImageImage

57Diana

Cherry Bomb

We're going to my father-in-laws, but we are taking a turkey to fry and I am making sweet potato casserole. I actually have  a  lighter load this year.  The grandkids are finally old enough to bring items, so I don't have to bring as much.  For our giant family, we will have 3 turkeys and two hams to feed the masses.  I do Christmas and Easter at my house, so I get to be lighter for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
An expert at anything was once a beginner!

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

I cooked Thanksgiving dinner. But that's what we traditionally call lunch. You know in the south, we have breakfast, dinner, and supper.... but anyway. It was just my little family of 5 here for turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and rolls. Chocolate cake for dessert. Since my step-daughter and her family weren't joining us,  I didn't want to make a huge spread of desserts. So we had a vote, and chocolate cake won! I'm going up to my brother's house about 3/4 mile away to raid their desserts. DH doesn't like the crowd that my brother hosts for thanksgiving and didn't want to go for dinner there.
Kim

Image Image  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I made my mashed potatoes yesterday morning, then DH and I went to my mom's and loaded up her stuff and waited for my brother and sis in law to get their stuff loaded in the truck. We went up to Victoria, Texas - about 85 north of Corpus Christi. DInner was at my Aunt Amy's ranch house. Tons of food and fun. We got home around 10pm. It was a very long day.

Today was a lazy day. I've taken like 3 naps today and managed to clean the bathroom. Finally showered at 4pm. Ready for bed already and its only 7:30pm. Not sure what's going on this weekend. Hoping to keep it low key...
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee