Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Scully - UPDATED!!
The Man above heard our prayers, I just got the phone call from Dr. Salle.  He told me that Scully's not only normal on her calcium levels, she's normal on all her blood work!  He said he thought it was a cancer, but it seems to be a really really bad infection that hopefully the steroids and antibiotics will cure.  He's seeing us again next Thursday, and I'm to "Carry On." 
Dr. Salle is actually an MD, he was a researcher at Penn State Hershey Medical Center and disliked his job.  Well, he also minored in veterinary medicine, since he loves animals, and one day just up and quit a very well paying job to "Never have to work another day, because helping animals is not work."  They are extremely good, and very conservative in their diagnoses so this only added to my fear. 
Thanks to all of you for forming this prayer chain and for praying for me as well.  My blood pressure right now?  I'm sure is off the wall!

I'm writing this asking for all your prayers, please.  I did speak with Clint yesterday, and I just couldn't do much yesterday, I'm worthless, 

Scully had difficulty moving her bowels all weekend, and I figured she was constipated from getting into something of the cats.  I saw strings in her stool, but no blood.  But Sunday was really bad, and she couldn't go at all.   So when we went to the vet's, I'm hoping for doggie laxative, something minor.  Not to be.  Her one anal gland was so impacted that they couldn't get a drop out of it.  The vet said to me it could be a cancer.  I was standing there in shock, only for him to say even with surgery, they don't usually live too long.  It's by the lymph nodes and it goes thru the body rapidly.  I said "But she's had a lot of really bad anal gland problems before," and he checked the notes, and said "Oh I see."  So he said he'd treat it as an infection, but test it for cancer.  And he did. 

She seems remarkably better today - she had two bowel movements since we left, both normal, and has perked up (until I have to cram steroids or antibiotics down her throat, which I'm praying I have to continue to do, as that means it wasn't cancer!)  He's to call me today with the results.  But I just wanted to let you all know where I am if I'm off, but most of all asking for the power of prayer again!  Thanks!!

lmcgill

Cherry Bing

Re: Scully
Sending hugs and prayers.

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

I said a prayer for you and Scully!  Hope today is a good day!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

jnet

Sweet Cherry Pie

I will pray for both of you.
Jeannette

Clint Bremer

ACOT Employee

She'll be just fine, I'm sure! Prayers are coming your way. 
Clint Bremer - General Manager
Image     Image     Image

beachlover

Cherry Addict

oh no!!!!  many (((HUGS))) and prayers coming your way!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Will keep you and Scully in my prayers for a full recovery and sending you Big Hugs, Sher!!
Image Image ImageImage

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Sher I hope you get really good news today. I've been there waiting for that phone call. Many, many ((hugs)) to you and to Skully! I am hoping with all my heart that it is not cancer!!!

ImageImage Image Image  

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Thanks to all of you, so very much.  I haven't heard yet, fingers (and everything else) crossed but I'm not able to even say her name without crying, and that's not me!    I'm a lot tougher when it isn't a little brown dachshund that has my heart!

Today is Joey's birthday, but the best gift of all will be for him to get good news that she's fine, too.  Thanks guys again, so much for the prayers.  I'll update this as soon as I know either way.

(of course we are slow at work today, so my mind has time to think!)

Tammey

Cherry Cola

Waiting right here with you. {{{HUGS}}} and Prayers.
   Image Image Image Image Image

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

Sher - glad Scully is feeling a bit better - hope he continues to improve.  You're both in my thoughts and prayers
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

prayers for you & Scully!!!

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Hugs and prayers sent your way! Praying it's just infection and that the meds do the trick!
Kim

Image Image  

Meli

Cherry Picker

Sending prayers your way <3

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

HUGS to both you and Scully. I too have everything crossed that you get good news today. Please keep us posted.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

MisasMom

Cherry Blossom

Prayers and hugs for Scully and you
Pat

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

Waiting is so hard!!  Hope the answer is that all is well and the meds help!!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

You've got it - and for you too!

Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Prayers lifted for great results!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Oh Sher, I am so sorry to hear about sweet Scully! I pray that its not cancer!! An infection sucks, but its very treatable. Her having 2 bowel movements and acting a little better today is a good sign. Many prayers and happy thoughts! Hugs my friend!!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee