Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Care Package Ideas ** UPDATED**
I am not sure where to begin. My dad had a heart attack a week ago. He is still in the hospital waiting for a quadruple bypass.  They have changed the tentative date 4 times now.   So I am asking that you pray for him and our family.  I am having a really hard time as I am the youngest and a daddies girl.  Not ashamed to say it either. He lives 10 hours away and this has been one of the hardest weeks for me.  Since I cannot be there right now  I would love any ideas anyone has to send in a care package. I will be sending a few as after the surgery he will be in the hospital for another week then about 2 weeks in a Rehab then he will go home still under 24 / 7  for at least a few more weeks.

Would you please give me an ideas that you can.

He has diet restrictions from other health conditions as well. Also will you please pray for him. I would be appreciated.  Thanks so much for your ideas and prayers.

***UPDATE*** Dad had his Bypass Monday. He is doing really well.  He has been cleared to leave the ICU and go to the Surgical Unit.  As of last night he was #4 out of 5 patients on the waiting list for a bed.  It has been difficult not being able to see him .  BUT, I had a surprise ... Called Yesterday IT is the best Hello I have hear heard,  Image    Thanks for all the prayers we do appreciate them. Please continue to pray for him and our family. We are making progress but still have a long way to go, I know prayer works  I have seen it in my own life so many times. Thanks again.

Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

Re: Care Package Ideas
I hope everything goes smoothly and He will definitely be in my prayers.

for care packages, I would send some
comfort items-socks with treads, robe, light blanket 
personal care items - moisturizer, lip balm, sleep mask?
things to pass the time - books or magazines, movies or TV shows on dvd, puzzle books.  

Would he use something like Netflix? Subscriptions are $8ish per month.  
Pens and a note pad 
cards if he likes to play solitaire 
small radio with extra batteries? 

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

I'm so sorry your Dad is going through this, Kimber. Will keep your family in my prayers and sending Big Hugs!

Those are great ideas, Christine! 
Image Image ImageImage

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

I was thinking of some gift cards for gas and restaurants for your mom when she visits everyday. 
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Thanks for the ideas and the prayers.  I really do appreciate it.  This has been so hard being far away.
Kimber

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

Will keep you Dad in my thoughts. Does he like crossword puzzles, maybe a book or movie or a netflix gift card for him to watch shows or movies while he's resting. 

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Great ideas posted above! I am so sorry you are going thru this right now, and I know all too well how living far away can affect you! Know that you are not alone, I am here if you need to vent, cry, talk!!! Hugs to you my friend! And prayers for your Dad, to have what he needs and mend quickly!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

mommyribs

Cherry Berry

So sorry to hear about your dad. Will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Have a "magical" day

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

So sorry to hear this, Kimber. Will be praying for your father and you and family. I'm sure it's so hard being far away from him while all this is happening. Hugs!

The care pkg ideas above are great ideas. I might suggest a little framed photo of you. Maybe write on it or put a little banner something like I'm thinking about you, etc.
Kim

Image Image  

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Thanks again everyone.
Kimber

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

So sorry to hear this Kimber. Hugs and prayers!

I really don't have much to suggest...all the other wonderful cherries have given you so many ideas!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

SherrieLynne

Cherry Garcia

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad Kimber. I will be praying for him. Christine had some Great ideas for a care package. Do you think if we made cards for him it would help bring his spirits up some? I know after everything I have been through and it's nothing like your Dad and you are going through Cards did brighten up my day.

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Oh Kimber I am so sorry to hear this news. I pray that everything goes well and he recovers quickly. I don't have anything else to add to the wonderful lists the other Cherries have already given. Take care of yourself and try not to worry too much. I know that's hard to do, but you have to take care of yourself as well. HUGS my Cherry friend.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

ernstem

Cherry Cola

So sorry to hear this and he will be in my thoughts.

Have you thought about making a stack of generic cards/thank you ones that your dad can send out to others? If other family and friends help out or send items then he could send a thank you. Include pens, postage stamps, envelopes, etc.

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

ernstem wrote:So sorry to hear this and he will be in my thoughts.

Have you thought about making a stack of generic cards/thank you ones that your dad can send out to others? If other family and friends help out or send items then he could send a thank you. Include pens, postage stamps, envelopes, etc.
This is a wonderful idea! 
Kimber

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

((Hugs)) to you Kimber. I'm so sorry that your dad is going through this and that you are so far away. I hope all goes well and that he has a smooth and quick recovery. 

You received some wonderful suggestions from the Cherries. I especially love the one of the picture of you. 

ImageImage Image Image  

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

pawprints wrote:((Hugs)) to you Kimber. I'm so sorry that your dad is going through this and that you are so far away. I hope all goes well and that he has a smooth and quick recovery. 

You received some wonderful suggestions from the Cherries. I especially love the one of the picture of you. 
We have decided I will create 2  Layouts of family photos to put in his room.  As  he will be in the rehab.   
Kimber

shoorn

Cherry Cola

So sorry to hear about your Dad. Will say some prayers.

Lots of good ideas for care packages from everyone. Not much to add but how about new pajamas, slippers, deck of cards. Does he have a Kindle - you could get him Kindle books for it. If not maybe some paperbacks that he would like to read.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Thanks for your ideas everyone. Dad goes in the Morning.  They have to start the prep tonight already.
Kimber

Tammey

Cherry Cola

Kimber so sorry to hear about your Dad. I am praying for you and your family that the surgery goes well and for a fast recovery. Please let us know how everything goes. {{{hugs}}}
  Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee