Help Me Brainstorm Creative Fundraisers for my Gymnasts

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

Help Me Brainstorm Creative Fundraisers for my Gymnasts

Post by ajkulig »

So two of my daughters (age 8 and 9) are competitive gymnasts. My husband is in the military and we ended up coming into mid meet season last year, but this year we are looking at far more expense. A lot more. We're allowed to hit up our friends, family, and businesses, for sponsorships (they get their name on the team shirt and on the gym banner) BUT, lots of other families did cute fundraisers of their own during the year--they did shirts, and candy, and flowers, all sorts of things. I was hoping you ladies could help me come up with some unique fundraisers. My husband is an Enlisted guy and I have 3 jobs already, but after my parent meeting I am seriously considering job #4 (on top of homeschooling LOL)!

This is my oldest daughter Clover--she got a 9.55 on this bar routine. 

Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Re: Help Me Brainstorm Creative Fundraisers for my Gymnasts

Post by average_kim »

Congrats to your daughters! I might not be much help on the fund-raising thing.... but my stepdaughter usually does well with bake sales ... and crafty stuff around Christmas- she made little snowmen out of those rounded garden posts once and made a lot... for around here. Small town=everybody will buy something.

Local school groups also sell Rada knives and get a pretty good profit.... i don't know if that's just offered to groups or individually.

Good luck with yours!
Kim

Image Image  
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

I will think on this and get back to you.  Will Brainstorm over night.  I have done a lot of fundraising over the years.  Not sure if that is good or bad.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

When DS was 4 he was in gymnastics for a year. They did a fundraiser called the "Cart-Roll-A-thon" and it was like a walkathon where the kids got people to sponsor them for how many cartwheels or somersaults or tumbles they could do.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by MacSarah »

The most fun I ever had with a Fundraiser was with my Girl Scout Troop when DD was a 2nd grade Brownie.  We bought a "flock" of those pink lawn flamingo's and people paid to flock their neighbors, friends, relatives, etc.  People could buy insurance to prevent them from getting flocked, we left them there for 3 days until we picked them up and moved them someplace else.  If you are interested, I will have to dig through stuff to find the verbiage that we used when we did it.  It was so much fun though...  I would pick up 2 or 3 of the girls each night and take them to move the flamingo's with me.  The 9 girls in the troop managed to earn all the necessary money to all go to a 10 day resident camp.
~Sarah~
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

We have done a garage sale in the past.  We ask for people to donate items to the sale and all sales go towards the team.  We just take what is left at the end and give to Goodwill.  We have a bake sale that day usually and sell drinks so people can snack while they shop.  We usually hold it in the school parking lot.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

MacSarah wrote:The most fun I ever had with a Fundraiser was with my Girl Scout Troop when DD was a 2nd grade Brownie.  We bought a "flock" of those pink lawn flamingo's and people paid to flock their neighbors, friends, relatives, etc.  People could buy insurance to prevent them from getting flocked, we left them there for 3 days until we picked them up and moved them someplace else.  If you are interested, I will have to dig through stuff to find the verbiage that we used when we did it.  It was so much fun though...  I would pick up 2 or 3 of the girls each night and take them to move the flamingo's with me.  The 9 girls in the troop managed to earn all the necessary money to all go to a 10 day resident camp.
That is AWESOME! ImageImageImage
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

MacSarah wrote:The most fun I ever had with a Fundraiser was with my Girl Scout Troop when DD was a 2nd grade Brownie.  We bought a "flock" of those pink lawn flamingo's and people paid to flock their neighbors, friends, relatives, etc.  People could buy insurance to prevent them from getting flocked, we left them there for 3 days until we picked them up and moved them someplace else.  If you are interested, I will have to dig through stuff to find the verbiage that we used when we did it.  It was so much fun though...  I would pick up 2 or 3 of the girls each night and take them to move the flamingo's with me.  The 9 girls in the troop managed to earn all the necessary money to all go to a 10 day resident camp.

One of our local hockey teams did this but used old toilets instead of flamingos..
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

Post by ajkulig »

OK these are really awesome (and funny) ideas. The fundraiser meeting is the 15th of May and I can't wait!
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}

Return to “General Talk”